• 138(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-06-04, 09:34)tosh123 Wrote:
(2013-06-03, 21:34)-zero- Wrote: If you are running Gotham Branch change the look of the gui by right key and switching from basic to advanced or expert. Looks like a new feature. Very frustrating if you don't know Wink

is there something in a XML-file wich can manipulated directly?

I think it is
Code:
<general>
<settinglevel>3</settinglevel>
</general>
in .xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml.

with 0=basic, 1=standard, 2=advanced, 3=expert.
(2013-06-04, 14:39)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 09:34)tosh123 Wrote:
(2013-06-03, 21:34)-zero- Wrote: If you are running Gotham Branch change the look of the gui by right key and switching from basic to advanced or expert. Looks like a new feature. Very frustrating if you don't know Wink

is there something in a XML-file wich can manipulated directly?

I think it is
Code:
<general>
<settinglevel>3</settinglevel>
</general>
in .xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml.

with 0=basic, 1=standard, 2=advanced, 3=expert.
unfortunatly it resets itself to 1. But i have fount the right menu settings. They are hidden since the screen is too big. To set the Gui to -4% you need the advanced settings...
Why don't you calibrate the screen in xbmc?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2013-06-04, 20:00)xbs08 Wrote: Why don't you calibrate the screen in xbmc?

You have to do it for every resolution and refresh rate and for all the 4 sides of the screen. If you set the GUI to -4%, wich works also for the films and media, you have to do it once with two clicks.
Better still, apply the overscan settings in config.txt to stop the screen spilling off the display. Adjusting the GUI in XBMC results in other problems, such as font clipping so isn't perfect.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-06-05, 13:35)MilhouseVH Wrote: Better still, apply the overscan settings in config.txt to stop the screen spilling off the display. Adjusting the GUI in XBMC results in other problems, such as font clipping so isn't perfect.

Remember you need
Code:
overscan_scale=1
for config.txt overscan settings to apply to xbmc (normally they just affect the framebuffer console).

Note: the best solution is to disable overscan on the TV/monitor. Check the display menu options (it may be called "just scan", "screen fit", "HD size", "full pixel", "unscaled", "dot by dot", "native" or "1:1").
Gave up "just scan" as it reverts everytime the RPi reboots.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Updated Gotham Branch

I try make the most stable Gotham version. I back kernel to 3.6.11 and VNSI 3 for stability and used last revision OpenElec 3.0 stable branch.

Today is World Premiere new clock for Rpi by Popcornmix. Its realy amazing workg!!. Thanks for your hard work.

PS. Only for Gotham. Adopted new clock to Frodo is impossible. Sorry Frodo Wink

Please test it sync subs/audio/video, performance, PVR and share your opinion on forum.

http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/74512999/file.html

(2013-06-05, 14:22)rbej Wrote: Updated Gotham Branch

I try make the most stable Gotham version. I back kernel to 3.6.11 and VNSI 3 for stability and used last revision OpenElec 3.0 stable branch.

Today is World Premiere new clock for Rpi by Popcornmix. Its realy amazing workg!!. Thanks for your hard work.

Please test it sync subs/audio/video, performance, PVR and share your opinion on forum.

what u mean with "clock"? can u explain it a bit more?
My english is very poor and hard for me to explain. Maybe Popcornmix answer to your question.

(2013-06-05, 14:22)rbej Wrote: Updated Gotham Branch

rbej, latest version reports video playing at a max of 15 fps (altough, video seems fine).
15 fps this is GUI speed, not movie.

Its just easier if I show you...

Tested this on both movies and tv shows (1080p and 720p) always with the same result.

Normal value should be around 24 right? (at least for most videos anyway)

(2013-06-05, 16:14)mezo Wrote: what u mean with "clock"? can u explain it a bit more?

He means the code includes patches from a new branch:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commits/newclock3

This will have new features, but may include new bugs.
It has some updates to the clock handling which should fix subtitle sync (without harming performace).

It also replaces some of the discontinuity handling which may help audio sync in files with glitch (like TV recordings).

It should implement single step (i.e. frame advance). Press pause, then right arrow.
I see only fps:8.14. This is GUI speed.

• 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12