• 137(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
I have a new issue with both this plugin and the I TV one.

When using the pivos hardware accelerated apk these two plugins don't allow fast forward/rewind/skip/seel unlike the atv2 and windows versions of xbmc.

The plugin operates fine at startup but when skipping or ff The errant behaviour is that the screen goes black and broken audio happens.

I've posted on their forums but they seem to think it's a plugin problem.

Strangely the 4od plugin is fine.

Anyone any ideas?
That one line change fixes BBC iPlayer on XBMC for me. It has not worked the last few days.
Cheers, this worked a treat!

Only thing I can't get to work is BBC2 live stream, but I'm not fussed about that at all/

Do you mind explaining how you knew what to change the link to, so this is something that I can check in the future if it breaks again?

Big Grin

(2013-06-06, 06:48)ursli Wrote: Easy fix, the swf file on the beeb site changed, go to:

Code:
addons\plugin.video.iplayer\lib\iplayer2.py

exchange this on line 346

Code:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf

with this and you're good to go

Code:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/releases/iplayer/revisions/617463_618125_4/617463_618125_4_emp.swf

At least that made it work on my end again.
Just getting into XBMC, got it up and running on my ATV with 4.1.1. Installed the 2.4.17 version of iPlayer and both live streams and radio are working, but On Demand files refuse to play, they load to 80%, the play icon shows for a second and then it just stops and reverts to the file list. I've tried Akamai, Limelight streams, doesn't matter. What's next to try?
(2013-06-06, 20:37)sr78 Wrote: Just getting into XBMC, got it up and running on my ATV with 4.1.1. Installed the 2.4.17 version of iPlayer and both live streams and radio are working, but On Demand files refuse to play, they load to 80%, the play icon shows for a second and then it just stops and reverts to the file list. I've tried Akamai, Limelight streams, doesn't matter. What's next to try?

Read the post above yours and apply the fix.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Will this fix be pushed?
My iplayer s busted too. No on demand Sad
It's my usual time to watch the apprentice too Wink

I have a lot of machines with many flavours, doing this manuals will be a right ball ache Sad

Just tried AirPlaying apprentice to my xbmc from ipad 1 iplayer app...
but that doesn't work with either for some reason?

Hmmm..
(2013-06-06, 20:25)chrisuk11 Wrote: Do you mind explaining how you knew what to change the link to, so this is something that I can check in the future if it breaks again?

Go on the iplayer site, turn on any video stream and copy the url to the flash player from adblock plus/site information/source code. Or use rtmpdump and check what it's using as swf verification url.
Quote:Read the post above yours and apply the fix.

Thanks!

Apologies, I misread and thought this referred to the question from the guy in the US.
Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. Easy fix maybe, but only if you know where to look. Everything back up and running now. I've submitted an issue with the correct file attached.
has any one got a working zip file yet thanks
Latest version v2.4.18 available from http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/downloads/list

changes include

* resume support (thanks to alastair)
* fixed/improved radio stream support (thanks to alastair)
* updated swf url

note there is still a bunch of stuff that needs looking into, but due to lack of time, and the current issues, I have pushed this release out.
Thanks to all those who have helped.
Many thanks for the update.

Does this require a manual update or will the iPlayer addon auto-update if you are using the Hitcher repo? Just that I manage some remote systems that will be a PITA to update manually! Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you ursli!
It will auto update when hitcher updates his repo, or you can install manually from the zip.
(2013-06-07, 02:05)exobuzz Wrote: It will auto update when hitcher updates his repo, or you can install manually from the zip.

Great, thanks, and thanks in advance to Hitcher. Smile
  • 137(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13