Windows ☆ Build #4
Image Image

[CASE/MOBO/CPU/GPU/PSU] ZBOX-ID83-U / Intel Core i3-3120M / HD 4000 / 65W ($292)
[RAM] KINGSTON HyperX 4GB (2x2GB) 204-pin DDR3 1600MHz CL9 1.5V ($46)
[SSD] ADATA Premier Pro SP600 32GB SATA-III 2.5" Read:360MB/s Write:130MB/s ($50)
TOTAL: $388

Pros?
* FULL 3D 1080P Ready!!
* Bitstreams DOLBY TRUE-HD & DTS-HD MASTER!!
* Built-in WiFi!!
* Built-in Bluetooth!!
* 1 x HDMI output!!
* 1 x SATA-III port!!
* 1 x Optical (S/PDIF) output!!
* 2 x USB 3.0 ports!!
* 4 x USB 2.0 ports!!
* 1 x Multi Card Reader slot!!

Cons?
* N/A
no con?
Even when i think this is the best option for me (and perhaps ill buy it) ill put u 2 con:

- this boxes are hard to "repair". I had a foxconn nt330i but now have GPU problems, i cant change it, its all integrated, not easy to change CPU or GPU and use other things
- small things get heat, and coolers with time work worse. On the foxconn i had the cooler replacement is very expensible and hard to find, probably Zotac have similar problems.
(2013-06-07, 11:42)Justinuk Wrote: no con?

Made by Zotac
Not DIY
Made out of plastic and not shiny wirebrushed aluminum

Big Grin
(2013-06-07, 12:00)zgotenz Wrote: Even when i think this is the best option for me (and perhaps ill buy it) ill put u 2 con:

- this boxes are hard to "repair". I had a foxconn nt330i but now have GPU problems, i cant change it, its all integrated, not easy to change CPU or GPU and use other things
- small things get heat, and coolers with time work worse. On the foxconn i had the cooler replacement is very expensible and hard to find, probably Zotac have similar problems.

Really? This can't be serious....

You just described 99% of laptops with the first 2 statements (EVERY laptop sold has the GPU integrated into the mobo witth the exception of options that are SO extremely expensive to replace (my laptop for example) that it's more cost efficient to buy a whole PC) and 80% with the second statement of PCs.
I wonder why no one said --> its not water proof....
Thinking of buying this but also want to be able to use the PVR function sometime in the future. Will this build work as the PVR backend as well?

Thanks,
Bryce
Fire proof?
not yet lol
Will this setup as is have enough power for emulating up to gamecube games?
Why cant we use openELEC in this HW build?
You can.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2013-07-20, 16:54)jammyb Wrote: You can.

Got it. "windows build" phrase troubled me, seems like there is no difference at all which OS you run over particular build
Correct. It's labelled windows build purely so the possible buyer 'can' put windows on if they wanted. [for Netflix etc]
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Very nice build, the last step is to choose between it and intel i3 nuc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows ☆ Build #40