Show missing episodes in TV Shows list
Hi again guys would really like to know if there is some sort of workaround that I can do in order to get this to work.. (show upcoming episodes that are not yet aired).

Otherwise I would love to hear from a dev to find out what would need to be done in order for this to work? Or if there is just no chance that this will ever happen.
Cheers,
Matt
I would love to have this feature!!! Especially with sickbeard support!!
Thought of this today too and asked in the Help section before Martijn pointed me in this direction. It would be super awesome. Here's the image I made to show off the concept:

The next step would be to be able to search for shows that you don't have and read about them. And also add to your Trakt watchlist.
Here's my original thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138848
Did it become anything out of this?
(2012-10-07, 10:15)Tobby Wrote: Did it become anything out of this?

Well, OP here. When I made this feature request I was just playing with XBMC and thought this would be a good idea, but I wasn't using it full time. I have just ordered a Raspberry Pi though which should mean in a few weeks I'll be an avid XBMC user - in which case since this STILL hasn't even been considered (despite the significant interest), I will put some of my time into this and try and get something moving forward.

I'll get on the dev IRC and do some research.
I'd love this!
You could possible do something like this using media stubs and skin integration. This would have to be done manually; though a program could be made to automatically create missing episode stubs by using TheTVDb API and directory scanning.

On the skin side of things, an image could be used similar to one in Tobby's mockup that is shown based on <visible>SubString(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,.disc,right)</visible> or simply <visible>StringCompare(ListItem.FileExtension,disc)</visible>.

Something to think about if you really want this feature.
I would also love this feature! Showing missing episodes (and upcoming for that matter) would be a great new feature for XBMC.
Would love this...

I have also put a feature request in on the Meta</Browser> forum http://themetabrowser.com/boards/1/topics/6831
Yep, this is an absolute requirement for my media center experience. Right now I'm going to try creating dummy episode files (media stubs) and .nfos, but I'm sure that will get old really fast.
Has this idea been considered any further by anyone?
(2013-06-08, 20:07)tungmeister Wrote: Has this idea been considered any further by anyone?

I remember back in the day requests like this would almost always get feedback from mods or devs (Even if it was negative. At least you knew where it stood.). Not anymore. I'm not mad or blaming anyone. It's just the way it is now. It's a shame whatever the reason.

Oh, and I agree with this request. It's a good idea,
(2013-06-09, 03:46)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-06-08, 20:07)tungmeister Wrote: Has this idea been considered any further by anyone?

I remember back in the day requests like this would almost always get feedback from mods or devs (Even if it was negative. At least you knew where it stood.). Not anymore. I'm not mad or blaming anyone. It's just the way it is now. It's a shame whatever the reason.

Oh, and I agree with this request. It's a good idea,

There's been lots of comments by devs and other Team members about this. There's just multiple threads for the same request. There is interest in this, it just takes time, both time to be available, and time to come up with a nice way to integrate it in the GUI.
This is not really something for the devs to handle i think.

Like Sranshaft said, it's already possible (but time consuming because you have to make the right amount of stubs ect).
If a service addon can read the amount of total episodes and keep track of the present episodes, make + remove stubs.
Then i think there is a good chance you will see skins use this.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Well, one of the ideas tosses around is providing a standard way for skins to display such info. Generally speaking, anything that we can make an add-on, should be an add-on. We still want to make such things easier to integrate and implement.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show missing episodes in TV Shows list4