Solved "Clean Library" missing from nightly builds?
Seems the "Clean Library" options have been removed from the Music and Videos settings in todays nightly build. Have they been moved somewhere else?
Due to change in settings operation.

While within Settings open left hand menu and select Advanced as the settings Level.
Excellent. Thanks
(2013-05-06, 18:39)jjd-uk Wrote: Due to change in settings operation.

While within Settings open left hand menu and select Advanced as the settings Level.

Hello,

Sorry but i have the same problem and I can't find the clean library option.

I try to follow this instruction and i don't have Advanced option in my settings level. Could someone give me more instructions?
The only skin that works with the new settings so far (AFAIK) is Confluence.
So if you have another skin, change back to Confluence and change settings as jjd-uk explained.
Change back to whatever skin you used and you will have all options back.
(2013-06-09, 11:08)Jasc Wrote:
(2013-05-06, 18:39)jjd-uk Wrote: Due to change in settings operation.

Hello,

Sorry but i have the same problem and I can't find the clean library option.

I try to follow this instruction and i don't have Advanced option in my settings level. Could someone give me more instructions?

That option has never been in the GUI. It's set in advancedsettings.xml

EDIT: oops, brain fart. I was thinking of "clean library on update".
I use Transparency! as my primary skin. I have the same problem here. I switched into the Confluence skin as I type this. I went into System\system, system\video, system\EverythingElseICanFind Wink and there is no "Advanced settings" that I can find anywhere.

I must ask why would one put a new "feature" into XBMC that would break all but one single skin, and not design a fix or something to compensate for it?

If going into "advanced mode" toggles something, then when you go back to another skin, you can then see the "Clean Database" option, why can that option be toggled while installing an updated version of XBMC?

I do understand and appreciate the hard work and time that goes into XBMC by all the dev's, I really do. Something like this just seems odd when it removes a core setting from all but a single XBMC skin.
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
(2013-06-10, 06:46)JohnWPB Wrote: Same problem here. I am in the Confluence skin as I type this. I went into System\system system\video system\everything else I can find Wink and there is no "Advanced settings"

I must ask why would one put a new "feature" into XBMC that would break all but one single skin, and not design a fix or something to compensate for it?

....because nightly/monthly builds are only for development and are not considered stable. We give big scary warnings all the time about this. They are called "nightlies" because they contain that day's bleeding edge changes. This is like asking why babies aren't born as full grown adults.
This isn't just a nightly thing. I was running a version from the end of April that does not have the "Clean Library" function. Running the latest "Snapshot from May 31st", it is still missing. Does this mean it will be another month before it is rectified?

In the mean time, those that need this functioality:

Open your KeyMap.xml and add a 'hotkey' to trigger the clean library function. In my case I set it to F9. I included my whole keytable, as there are some handy F key shortcuts.

PHP Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <
keyboard>
                        <
F5>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</F5>
                        <
F6>Skin.ToggleSetting(DebugGrid)</F6>
            <
F7>Skin.ToggleSetting(HideDebugInfo)</F7>
            <
F8>UpdateLibrary(video) </F8
            <
F9>CleanLibrary(video)</F9
            <
F10>exportlibrary(video)</F10>
        </
keyboard>
    </global>
</
keymap
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
(2013-06-10, 09:27)JohnWPB Wrote: This isn't just a nightly thing. I was running a version from the end of April that does not have the "Clean Library" function. Running the latest "Snapshot from May 31st", it is still missing. Does this mean it will be another month before it is rectified?

it will be another 5 months if that's what it takes to get it right.

the sooner you understand that "use nightly at your own risk" means just that, the better it will be for you.

changes are made to make it better for everyone and skinners will adjust once the features in xbmc are finalized and tested. it does not make sense for ronie(Transparency!) to make adjustment if the settings refactor is not finished.
(2013-06-10, 06:45)Ned Scott Wrote: That option has never been in the GUI. It's set in advancedsettings.xml

I do not know what setting you mean that shouldn´t be in the GUI, perhaps I misunderstand something.
Clean library has always been in the video settings (as long as I can remember) and advance settings should be a choice in Gotham through GUI as well (+ standard and expert).
I use Gotham on RPi, OSX, iPad and ATV2 and I have no problems with these settings or clean library in the video settings.

Edit: Yep, linked wrong.... cheers John.
New link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4o3mlzeadttljm...ibrary.jpg
For me as well. It has always been in Settings / Video and then under the top "Library" sub-section. Right below "Update Library on Startup".

BTW, your image link above is pointing to a password protected area of your drop box.

(2013-06-10, 11:18)miappa Wrote:
(2013-06-10, 06:45)Ned Scott Wrote: That option has never been in the GUI. It's set in advancedsettings.xml

I do not know what setting you mean that shouldn´t be in the GUI, perhaps I misunderstand something.
Clean library has always been in the video settings (as long as I can remember) and advance settings should be a choice in Gotham through GUI as well (+ standard and expert).
I use Gotham on RPi, OSX, iPad and ATV2 and I have no problems with these settings or clean library in the video settings.

Edit: Yep, linked wrong.... cheers John.
New link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4o3mlzeadttljm...ibrary.jpg

Doh, yeah, I had a total brain fart on that one. My bad.
(2013-06-10, 09:27)JohnWPB Wrote: This isn't just a nightly thing. I was running a version from the end of April that does not have the "Clean Library" function. Running the latest "Snapshot from May 31st", it is still missing. Does this mean it will be another month before it is rectified?

Monthly builds are only slightly more stable, due to the merge window cycle that we use, but are still 100% development builds. Some things will be broken for very long periods of time, as things transition, implementations are made, various hardware configurations are tested, etc. I think there have even been monthly snapshots that didn't even work at all for an OS, because of some bug at the time.
The setting is NOT missing in Gotham alpha builds, but not visible by default due to the settings refactor that is going on.
It seems people are not reading very well, so here is a step by step.

- Choose confluence as skin
- go to Videos - settings - Library
- press LEFT
- change your setting level for that part of the settings to ADVANCED

screenshot shamelessly stolen from miappa - thanks for making it

Instead of complaining that this breaks everything for you, you should not use a skin that only supports Frodo with an alpha release of Gotham.
You could ask the skinner to modify his skin to be compatible with Gotham.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Clean Library" missing from nightly builds?0