• 17(current)
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
Argh... okay, I start rewritting this for my purposes as well...

My structure is like:
B\Boku wa Tomodachi\Season 1\*.mkv
B\Boku wa Tomodachi\Season 2\*.mkv

I don't intend to change it. So I will find a way to do it in the way I like. Thanks for the info Smile
true, but my regexes got that covered, debug log even tells me the correct S01E13 but it still doesn't show up in xbmc

<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>[/\._ \-]()([0-9]+)(-[0-9]+)[^\\/]*$</regexp>
<regexp>[/\._ \-]()([0-9]+)[^\\/]*$</regexp>
<regexp> - ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
<regexp defaultseason="0"> - ()s(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
<regexp> Season (\d+) Episode (\d+)[^\\/]*$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
(2013-06-09, 09:43)fireba11 Wrote: true, but my regexes got that covered, debug log even tells me the correct S01E13 but it still doesn't show up in xbmc
Could you paste the debug log on http://xbmclogs.com so I can take a look?

If the episode is enumerating correctly I'm not sure where the problem could be.
sure, here you go http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=26270
Can't reproduce on my end. Try opening http://api.anidb.net:9001/httpapi?reques...1&aid=4264 in your browser, perhaps you got temp-banned? (Clear your cache, etc.)
You do realize there are not "seasons" in anime.
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next are actually different shows, it is right there in the name.

However, as long as your regex is configured correctly and in some cases you will need to use .nfo files you can treat your anime like American cartoons.
Is it possible to have OVA's treated like Tv Shows rather than Movies?
(2013-06-19, 15:55)Uthred Wrote: Is it possible to have OVA's treated like Tv Shows rather than Movies?

Sure. If you're using the AniDB client renaming script from the first post, you just need to remove the |OVA from the MovieTypes:= line, and the OVAs will go with TV shows.

If you're naming files manually, just put the OVA in it's own folder inside the TV shows source, name the folder after the OVA and make sure the video file name contains a season 1, episode 1 pattern (e.g. "S01E01", or " - 1 - " if you're using the custom regexps from the first post).
Is AniDB having issues or something? I recently set up an HTPC in my room and decided to give XBMC another try. I usually use MPC-HC paired up with madVR, but it seems that I can use it as an external player within XBMC. The only reason I stopped using XBMC in the past was because I could never get my anime to scrap properly. Anyway, I'm only getting ~15 of my 200 shows to scrap. At first I thought it might be an issue on my end, but later when I tried to rename a series with FileBot, I received an error claiming that it couldn't parse any episode data from the xml. It seems to be doing this for all series. Ideas? I'd really like to try this mod.

Edit: FileBot is no longer having issues renaming files but I still can't scrap any more series. Here's my file structure:

Anime [Fansub Group]
----> Anime - EP1 - Episode Title [CRC32]
----> Anime - EP2 - Episode Title [CRC32]
----> Anime - EP3 - Episode Title [CRC32]
----> Specials [Fansub Group]
-----------> Special - SP1 - Episode Title [CRC32]
-----------> Special - SP2 - Episode Title [CRC32]

This is the structure I've been using for years. I tried using the TVDB scrapper and was able to scrap ~150 shows with no issue. The only thing is I hate how TVDB organizes anime. Any clues on what's going on?
It sounds like you were temporarily banned from the AniDB API during your initial scan in XBMC. This would explain while FileBot also had issues briefly (the ban would presumably be on your IP address).

However, even though FileBot righted itself after the ban ended, the AniDB scraper caches it's results for 48 hours, so you'll still appear to be banned unless you clear your cache (on Windows it's located at %APPDATA%/XBMC/cache/scrapers/metadata.tvshows.anidb.net.mod/ other OSes will vary). (You can verify by opening one of the small xml files, it should have a banned message in it.)

The reason for a ban is usually because you hit the API too many times too quickly, e.g. You have a run of one-episode shows, or shows with only un-enumerable file names in them (yours look mostly fine - "ep1", etc. is a default pattern, but "sp1" for specials isn't, but there's a custom regexp in the first post that can be adapted to work). Also the Google Search option is lethal - Don't Use It.

The initial scan is always the trouble-maker, once you get past that and aren't adding 200 new shows at a time, you should be fine.
If you use the test version from a few pages back you can avoid worrying about getting banned.
Never mind, got it to work. Will update later with results.

Edit: So I was able to scrap all my shows after a some renaming (~10 shows needed to be renamed). Is it possible to pick which shows use the official title vs the main title or do I have to stick with one? Aside from that, the only real issue I'm having is the way specials are being organized for certain shows. A good example is how Code Geass spreads its pictures dramas throughout the episode list. Would it be possible to always have specials at the end of the episode list?
(2013-06-20, 20:52)anime513 Wrote: Is it possible to pick which shows use the official title vs the main title or do I have to stick with one?
See Video library/Naming files/TV shows#Changing_scraper_settings_for_one_show (wiki). The setting you need to change is in the "AniDB 1" tab of the scraper settings.

(2013-06-20, 20:52)anime513 Wrote: Aside from that, the only real issue I'm having is the way specials are being organized for certain shows. A good example is how Code Geass spreads its pictures dramas throughout the episode list. Would it be possible to always have specials at the end of the episode list?
Likewise under the "AniDB 1" tab, you want to turn off "Map specials inside of episode list". To affect every show, first change the content of your source folder to "None" and remove everything from the library, and then change the content back (and also change the setting).

Doing all this while all the information is still cached would probably be best, as it should go fairly fast and you won't risk further bans.
Just when I thought I had finally conquered XBMC, I hit an unexpected problem. All my movies and anime have been scrapped perfectly, something I was never able to do in the past. However, not a single TV show I own will scrape. Do any of the modifications I made from this thread have an effect on the other scrappers? I tried to scrape my cartoon collection of ~50 shows with the TVDB scrapper and it seems to recognize what shows I have, but once it's complete the cartoons folder is empty. I tried to scrape them on another computer with a clean install of XBMC and was successful. The format I use for TV Shows is the exact same as my anime except I add season folders and add the season # to the file name.
How exactly are your non-anime files named?

It's definitely possible that the extra regexes might interfere if they're named in a way that conflicts with them (maybe).
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8