• 143(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-06-15, 22:45)kraades Wrote: OpenELEC 3.0.6.
I seem to have issues with the Power Off all of a sudden?
Power Off now only restarts XBMC. At the the first you try it.
Sounds familiar?

Yeah, it's issue #2370.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-06-15, 10:59)o2ri Wrote: does anybody knows if the edimax 7811 is supported in the new build .
wasnt on 10/06 one.

Rbej , great work .

Try install https://github.com/OpenELEC/service.openelec.settings

https://github.com/OpenELEC/service.open...master.zip

Install addon from zip file.

Sounds familiar?

This happens for me to, although it seems quite random.
I thought that it was due to me powering off XBMC by using the "Off" button on the MCE remote, but that was just coincidence. If I power it off from the menu it will still, not all the time, reboot the Pi rather than shut it down. Other times it shuts down fine. This happened on the previous build and now happens on 3.0.6.

Thread at OE....

http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...mitstart=0

I just posted the above in that thread.
Ok, thanks guys!

And yes, doesn't happen all the time...
Sounds familiar?

I see the same.. And Restart do not allways makes a Reboot of the Pi. Offen only XBMC Reboot's Huh
Can someone please shed some light on this,

https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/2318

from the reply it sounds like there already is such an option,
if so what is it and where does it go (which file, setting, etc).

In short, for those of you that don't like to click on links, is
there a way to remove that text string which shows-up upon
start-ups/reboots which notes the openelec and github versions,
etc ?

Thanks.
(2013-06-14, 11:46)rbej Wrote: Updated Frodo Branch

- updated PVR add-on (08.06.2013)

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/62496916/file.html
I tried this release and found Live TV from TVHeadend to have the known issues: 9 out of 10 channel switches result in a black screen.

When it works the aspect ratio is often wrong (also a old issue), but appears to behave differently than before. From testing:
- On 16:9 SD channels the aspect ratio is 4:3, shows as a compressed 16:9 image (setting to 16:9 stretch solves this)
- On 4:3 SD channels the aspect ratio is correct.
- On HD channels the aspect ratio looks correct aspect except that black bars are imposed over the image at the sides of the screen.
(2013-06-16, 11:31)tfft Wrote: Can someone please shed some light on this,

https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/2318

from the reply it sounds like there already is such an option,
if so what is it and where does it go (which file, setting, etc).

There is no such option.

The string you are referring to is output by /usr/bin/lsb_release which is called during the boot sequence from within /sbin/init.

(2013-06-16, 11:31)tfft Wrote: In short, for those of you that don't like to click on links, is
etc ?

Thanks.

Sure - familiarise yourself with git, fork the OpenELEC repository, patch /sbin/init so it doesn't call lsb_release and start building your own custom versions.

You could also submit your patch for inclusion in OpenELEC with a Pull Request, but is suppressing the version text really that much of a problem?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-06-16, 16:56)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-06-16, 11:31)tfft Wrote: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/2318

In short, for those of you that don't like to click on links, is
etc ?
Sure - familiarise yourself with git, fork the OpenELEC repository, patch /sbin/init so it doesn't call lsb_release and start building your own custom versions.

You could also submit your patch for inclusion in OpenELEC with a Pull Request, but is suppressing the version text really that much of a problem?
Users are able to disable the default 'splash' screen via a setting in
"advancedsettings.xml", it's only logical to add a similar option to
that same file to disable the 'lsb_release' in order to have complete
control over what is displayed on the screen upon a boot.

I'll try to get a patch generated.

Thanks.
There's already a nosplash option that can be added to cmdline.txt, you could test for that in /sbin/init but I have to ask, why is it so important to suppress the version text information that appears for just a few seconds? What is it you are trying to achieve - a completely minimalist boot sequence?
Updated Gotham Branch

- updated OpenElec revision (16.10.2013)

- updated Xbmc Gotham (16.06.2013)

- updated kernel (3.9.6)

- updated new clock for Omxplayer (15% speed up DTS decoding) and make audio render configurable as the clock master (use GUI setting "sync playback to display" to control)

- new OpenElec settings

http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/88508173/file.html

I switched from rbej's Frodo to the latest Gotham build and the performance gain in video playback is apparent. The m2ts-files of the blu ray discs "Heat" and "Skyfall" now play without interruption on a moderately overclocked pi (arm/core/sdram: 900/333/500), in the case of "Skyfall" even with dts-hd sound. (I usually only play lower bitrate files.)

So thanks for the improvements!
Here's my testing of Rbej: OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Gotham-Branch(17.06.2013).tar.bz2

Updated on OpenElec 3.0.6..

* Problem with first time boot-up. Some menu's hangs, and I fixed it by deleting the "guisettings.XML" file.
* Has to setup and enable Network manuel. Then okay..
* Has to add a NTP server.
* Must manuel insert "<timezone>Europe/Copenhagen</timezone>" in my "guisettings.XML" file, to get the right time/date.
* Weather Underground has a "Scripting error", and does not Work well.

And some god stuff Big Grin
* Edimax Wi-fi now Works Again.
* Omxplayer... Wow !!! Works perfect now, on all my TS and ISO/DVD/MPEG2 files. Start/stop and Resume from x:xx:xx. Also chapter shifting works great.
* My LCDproc setup, also works fine, on the new Branch.

PS: I have no DTS files, to test with. So I don't know anything about that fix in Omxplayer.

Thanks to Rbej and Popcornmix, for all your Works and help. It's great...Big Grin

Best regards.
With the RPI (all versions of xbmc) I notice when stopping a video that I briefly see my video list, I expect this behavior, but then for about 2 seconds my screen is black and then again I see my video list. My TV detects new changed settings, because it shows the HDMI summary again. But it is still 1920 x1080 @60Hz. Is this normal behavior? Can I solve this? Deleting the gui xml is not the solution.

Openelec on x86 hardware does not have this behavior.
(2013-06-17, 19:14)wizzard72 Wrote: With the RPI (all versions of xbmc) I notice when stopping a video that I briefly see my video list, I expect this behavior, but then for about 2 seconds my screen is black and then again I see my video list. My TV detects new changed settings, because it shows the HDMI summary again. But it is still 1920 x1080 @60Hz. Is this normal behavior? Can I solve this? Deleting the gui xml is not the solution.

Openelec on x86 hardware does not have this behavior.

You can disable "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" but you won't get smooth panning.
I'm afraid it's just down to how long your tv takes to switch HDMI mode. Some it's a fraction of a second, others it can be several seconds.
  • 143(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12