Release Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library
Video 
Random Trailers Screensaver / Script

Plays random trailers from the following sources:
  • Users Movie Library
  • User Specified Folder
  • Apple iTunes
  • You Tube (from themoveidb.org)
  • Mulitple (any or all of the above combined)

This addon can also be launched as a program manually, (Screensaver does not have to be enabled)
Unlike a standard screensaver mouse move and key press do not exit while trailer is playing.

While the trailer is playing you have a few options.
  • Press ENTER or SELECT to play movie of current trailer (Library Only).
  • Press Q to add current trailer to CouchPotato
  • Press I or UP to display movie info, Press DOWN or I again to hide (Library Only).
  • Press X or RIGHT to stop the current trailer and move to the next
  • Press ESC or LEFT to exit.
  • Screen will go black after last trailer at this time mouse move or key press will exit

watch gallery

how-to install this add-on:

Version 1.1.17 is available to Install from XBMC Official Repo, find it under Programs.

Or get latest test version from my git repo at https://github.com/kzeleny/screensaver.randomtrailers and install from Zip File.

Change Log

v 1.1.17 (April 05,2014)
- fixed issues causing crash on some configurations

v.1.1.15 (March 08,2014)
- fixed issues with rating limits with unrated movies.
- now pauses trailer when displaying info
- transparent background for info shows dimmed paused trailer.

v.1.1.14 (March 06,2014)
- optimized trailer search on tmdb when rating limits applied
- fixed issue where search count not displaying correctly for tmdb searches

v.1.1.13 (March 03,2014)
- updated filter feature to filter by rating limit for all trailers (perviously only iTunes trailers were filtered)

v.1.1.12 (February 12, 2014)
- added feature to play trailers in groups of n with x amount of delay between. Option is set in common settings.

v.1.1.11 (February 10, 2014)
- added feature to tmdb trailers to play only New DVD Releases (List from RottenTomatoes / Flixter)

v.1.1.10 (February 07, 2014)
- fixed issue causing library trailers not to play

v.1.1.9 (February, 05, 2014):
- fixed issue causing crash when movie has non ascii standard characters in title.

v.1.1.8 (January, 11, 2014):
- added ability to play trailers from You Tube. Trailers are located using themoviedb.org.
- added CouchPotato integration, while watching trailer pressing Q puts current movie in you CouchPotato Queue.

v.1.1.7 (January, 5, 2013) :
- added feature to display trailer info for iTunes trailers.
-cleaned up and optimized code
-moved hide info option from library to general settings

v.1.1.6 (December 31,2013) :
- added feature to select tyep fo traielrs form iTunes, Coming Soon, Just Added, Most Popular, Exclusive and All

v.1.1.5 Decembeor 30,2013
- added feature to filter iTunes trailers. you can filter by selected genre(s), and by rating limit. so only play family movies that are rated G for example.

v.1.1.4 December 29,2013
- added feature to play random trailers from multiple sources.

v.1.1.3 December 28,2013
- added feature to play random trailers from Apple iTunes.

v.1.1.2 December 26, 2013
- added feature to adjust volume during trailer playback

v.1.1.1 December 09, 2013
- removed font changes

v.1.1.0 (November 27, 2013)
- updates for gothum compatibility
- added ability to play trailers from a folder rather than the users library
- fixed issue where number of trailers incorrect if hide watched movies selected.
- trailers will now not repeat until all trailers have been played.
- fixed issue where trailers would start playing while music is playing

v.1.0.12 (November 25, 2013)
- added feature if movie title hidden pressing m displays the title for 2 seconds

v.1.0.11 (November 25, 2013)
- added option to hide movie title when playing
- removed malfunctioning password options

v.1.0.9 (july 26, 2013) :
- localized strings for dialogs

v1.0.8 (July 25, 2013) :
- added option to force full screen

v1.0.7 (June 16, 2013) :
- merged program, service and screensaver into one addon
- added option to set number of trailers to 0 for continous playback.

v1.0.6 (June 14, 2013) :
- added arrow controls for remotes without keyboards
UP = show info
DOWN = hide info
RIGHT = next trailer
LEFT = exit trailers

v1.0.5 (June 12, 2013) :
- fixed module import issues. fixed font issues

v1.0.4 (June 10, 2013) :
- improved movie information screen
- added feature and setting to exclude recently watched movies from trailers. Set to number of days after movie
has been played before including in trailers

v1.0.3 (June 4, 2013) :
- added setting to hide movie info during playback of trailer
press I during playback of trailer to toggle info display

v1.0.2 (June 3, 2013) :
- added feature to allow playing movie of currently playing trailer by pressing enter while trailer is playing
- added feature to allow user to press esc to exit, or X to quit trailer but play remaining.

v1.0.1 (May 30, 2013)
- added option to not ask for genre filter

v1.0.0 (May 27, 2013) :
- initial release, includes opitons for selecting genre, nubmer trailers, and to display open and close animation.
-ken Z-
This is brilliant! Thanks.

Any thoughts on expanding to additional trailer sources, like say from the Apple iTunes Trailers addon?
love this addon. my entire library only consists of movies from my imdb watchlist so its perfect for me.

it would be amazing if it could play random trailers instead of just random trailers from fot the movies in your library.
Hey

Thank you for this great addon. I just have one problem - I don't want the screensaver functionality, but it seems to take this over. How do I disable this?

thanks
(2013-06-16, 22:43)kzeleny Wrote: Random Trailers Screensaver / Script

This addon gets random trailers from the users library and plays them as a screensaver.
This addon can also be launched as a program manually, (Screensaver does not have to be enabled)
Unlike a standard screensaver mouse move and key press do not exit while trailer is playing.

While the trailer is playing you have a few options.
  • Press ENTER or SELECT to pay movie of current trailer.
  • Press I or UP to display movie info, Press DOWN or I again to hide.
  • Press X or RIGHT to stop the current trailer and move to the next
  • Press ESC or LEFT to exit.
  • Screen will go black after last trailer at this time mouse move or key press will exit

It offers the following options:

how-to install this add-on:
  • Download zip file form here
  • Install From zip File Settings>Add-Ons>Install From Zip File
  • Restart XMBC

Or get latest test version from my git repo at https://github.com/kzeleny/screensaver.randomtrailers

This is awesome thanks for all the work that was put into this, question if i run this manually it works 100% , when i let it initialize as a screensaver the screen just goes black. Is there are way around this?
(2013-07-31, 02:06)thebearnecessit Wrote: it would be amazing if it could play random trailers instead of just random trailers from fot the movies in your library.

+1 for the random trailers. If it's possible, it would be a great way to run across movies that I may like and didn't know of.

Thanks so much for the work already put into it! This is a great addition to XBMC.
Awesome! I love it to run manually when me & the gf aren't sure what to watch.

BUG REPORT: I can't turn the screen saver off! I prefer to run it manually when I want to watch trailers. I then tested out the screen saver feature by activating it Appearance. Everything good so far... But when I decided to go back to a black screen screensaver, it kept Random Trailers instead.

Now, it's the damrdest thing. I'm in the screensaver settings, looking at the screensaver selected "black screen" or "dim" and if I click "preview" Random Trailers start right up, as they do after the screensaver time, even though it is visibly not selected. I've tried restarting XBMC to no different effect.

It's like your plugin has forcibly hijacked my XBMC screensaver and won't let go. The only way to disable it is to disable or uninstall the plugin. Upon reinstallation: boom. Same problem.

Any way to fix this? Or at least reset it to stock so that I can never enable the screen saver again and just use it manually as I'd prefer?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, +1 on the random new trailers from hdtrailers or apple program addition idea.
Hi kzeleny,

I used to enjoy your script but since I cleaned up my movies database with Ember MM (French Titles), I can only see the intro and outro and no trailers at all.

Any workaround?
(2013-12-16, 21:47)fabrice1973 Wrote: Hi kzeleny,

I used to enjoy your script but since I cleaned up my movies database with Ember MM (French Titles), I can only see the intro and outro and no trailers at all.

Any workaround?

Not that I can think of, It pulls all available trailers from the users XBMC library so as long as they exist there they should show up.

(2013-12-16, 21:55)kzeleny Wrote:
(2013-12-16, 21:47)fabrice1973 Wrote: Hi kzeleny,

Any workaround?

Not that I can think of, It pulls all available trailers from the users XBMC library so as long as they exist there they should show up.

Make sure you have the latest version, (install form xbmc.org repo) version should be 1.1.1
Make sure play trailers from folder is not selected.
Make sure hide trailers of watched movie is not enabled.
-ken Z-
Doesn't work better with 1.1.1 - it always loads the 4/5 (out of 700+) same movies.
Then I have the error message : Playlist - Can't find a next item to play
And then crashes XBMC Frodo 12.3 (ATV520 Linux)
Please update this for XBMC Gotham release (when available).
I'm enjoying this add-on (should be a must have for XBMC users!)

I do note: a slight graphic stutter or double flash on first load, this may have more to do with the graphic card than the software. also a very brief flash of the 'opening stream' notice from my skin T!, as well as the loading indicator. I'm using the itunes library atm, I find there is too many low res trailers in my ..nfo and this program seems to work on my Gotham build as well. Type of trailers would be a nice option to switch on the fly but not much else I could complain about.
New Version 1.1.12 Available in git repo. See first post.

Added ability to view trailers in groups, and option under tmdb to view Latest DVD Releases (list from rottentomato/flixter)
-ken Z-
great addons. thanks.

can i set this addons to only play trailers for the movie that i have?
can i restrict to only general rated trailer? i dont want my kids to see boobs/butt flash.

thanks.
(2014-03-03, 09:30)publicENEMY Wrote: great addons. thanks.

can i set this addons to only play trailers for the movie that i have?
can i restrict to only general rated trailer? i dont want my kids to see boobs/butt flash.

thanks.

In Settings select only library and de-select all others, this will play trailers only from movies in your library that have a trailer.

Currently you can only select Ratings limits for Apple iTunes trailers. Next release should include an update to limit rating for all trailers.
-ken Z-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Trailers Screensaver / Script - plays random trailers from library2