• 101(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
I think your problem might be more related to being located in Canada. Even these 2 periods can mean purposeful obfuscation by Netflix. Try using US DNS service, though it doesn't always help if you're in Canada.
Ic...i was thinking since i have mediahint installed on Chrome and that im able to get Us Netflix to work becuase of it, maybe using Chrome instead of IE, XBMCFlicks would woked. But im still unclear on how to replace IE by chrome in the addon

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
You set which browser opens any HTML link in XBMC in userdata/playercorefactory.xml
Tried that but i noticed there is playercorefactory.xml in the addon's folder as well do i have to change it there to? I tried to do the setup using the dns from tunlr.net but i still get a blank queue list... Also what about the 2 periods following the userid

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=28888

EditBig Grinoing a search, im able to find content (even US content) but instant queues turn up blank

(2013-06-16, 19:30)saitoh183 Wrote: Tried that but i noticed there is playercorefactory.xml in the addon's folder as well do i have to change it there to? I tried to do the setup using the dns from tunlr.net but i still get a blank queue list... Also what about the 2 periods following the userid

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=28888

Edit:humm well it seems to work when i turn on the Canada option. But turning on this options removes the Queue options and only search remains. Doing a search, im able to find content (even US content).

I changed pretty much all playercorefactory.xml files to include the following information to make it default to Chrome

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="Chrome" type="ExternalPlayer">
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" --kiosk</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
  </players>

<rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="html" filetypes="html" player="Chrome" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

It has been a long time since I got this addon to work with XBMC, and I don't recall much of the process including the period portion, plus it looks like some people have streamlined it a bit since I played around with it.
thanks for the info. Even with changing to Chrome, it still doesnt start US content when i start it via xbmc. But if i start the same show via Chrome directly, it works (with mediahunt addon or Tunrl.net DNS). Only search still works..im guessing its because im in canada and XBMC not picking up the DNS from Tunrl.

I was thinking about the same. But how its possible if that DNS is set in PC Ethernet adapter settings? It may be XBMC handing over to the browser at its launch a different DNS hard coded in XBMC files. As a result, the Netflix content is browsable in XBMC, but when clicking on Play Movie, the browser launches, Silverlight loads, and it gets frozen on "Downloading from Netflix" red page. It may have something to do with Canada Option - it looks like XBMC may be using own obfuscation technique, and it includes a different DNS address which was cracked by Netflix long time ago. Smile
Maybe someone has an answer out there. So i decide to try hola out since they have an app for windows. Tested Netflix in all my browsers and i can get US content. Now load up XBMCFlicks, do a search for the show im using as test TVshow and i get the unable to play message when i start the eps. Then i go into the addon_data\links folder and check the HTML files created. The 3 first one's give the message about unable to play the content but the 4 html file plays the content just fine. then i checked the 5th and 6th file and they were eps 2 and 3 and they played just fine when i open them directly in IE but if i open them via XBMC i get the "Our apologies — the movie you requested is not available at this time". When i check the log, its using file number 1 again instead of file number 6.

Here is the log to show what i mean:
Eps 1:
Code:
00:53:35 T:27500  NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
00:53:35 T:27500 WARNING: ExternalPlayer: invalid value for warpcursor: none
00:53:35 T:27500  NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (false), hidexbmc (false), islauncher (false), warpcursor (none)
00:53:35 T:27500  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70201447.html
00:53:35 T:19356  NOTICE: Thread CExternalPlayer start, auto delete: false
00:53:35 T:19356  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Player : c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
00:53:35 T:19356  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: File   : C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70201447.html
00:53:35 T:19356  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Content:
00:53:35 T:19356  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Args   : -k "{1}"
00:53:35 T:19356  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Start
00:53:35 T:19356  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe "c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -k "C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70201447.html"

When i check in the link folder Eps 1 is file 7020156.html. Here is the full log: http://pastebin.com/PCKTivvc
[/code]

So for the question : Why does it generate 4 html files for eps 1 with the message :Our apologies — the movie you requested is not available at this time but then generate a 4th file with the content that works.

I also tried using openVPN and i get the same result. Could my netflix account be the issue since its was made via a canadian IP?

I could never get xbmcflix to work with a uk account accessing US content with a vpn.
In the end I just thought it easier to create a US account.
I posted how here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1119775

Shouldn't be too hard to implement from Canada.
(2013-06-17, 17:51)m7cky Wrote: I could never get xbmcflix to work with a uk account accessing US content with a vpn.
In the end I just thought it easier to create a US account.
I posted how here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1119775

Shouldn't be too hard to implement from Canada.

Thank you for that...I followed what you did and was able to get a US account. Redid Tim's tutorial to get new keys and I tested the instant queue and they work. I tried with UnoTelly via IE and with mediahint and OpenVPN via Chrome. I chose 2 shows for the test, Psych and Caprica...both are US only TV shows.

Pysch and Caprica were both added to my Instant Queue just fine. When i tried Psych, it started up no problem in Chrome. When i tried Caprica, i get "Our apologies — the movie you requested is not available at this time" but trying the same episode via directly the web browser and it works just fine...what am i missing?...is this always going to be a hit or miss with each show i try?

I'm having a problem with this add-on:

Every time I try to click on a subject like "Recommended" or "Top 25", it redirects me to the "Link in your account" page. But I've already linked my account. No matter what I click on or try to go to (Even search), it tries to get me to link my account again.
(2013-06-17, 21:54)saitoh183 Wrote: is this always going to be a hit or miss with each show i try?
Another thing to try: log out of your Canadian Netflix account in all browsers, and clear cache. Then login to your US Netflix account with IE using same DNS server as with XBMC and exit IE without login out. Then clean and reinstall if needed XBMC Flicks folder content, and other folders where Flicks writes files. Launch XBMC with the same DNS, open Netflix, and it should be fine. XBMC Flicks uses your previous browser login to Netflix. It may be what's also important that user IPs remain the same. Not sure, if the DNS service generates the same US IP for the same Canadian IP each time you open Netflix in XBMC compare to browser. Why this is important - because Netflix also fights with "family users" who register one acc, but login all friends through that acc using different IPs and MACs. So that may be another challenge - login in from the same fake IP every time, or at least being logged in to the same acc from one IP at a time.

Just don't browse the web via that US DNS - the best way is to use 2 ethernet adapters - one with US DNS for Netflix, the other with your provider's DNS - for web browsing. Don't try adding your provider's DNS as 2nd to the same adapter assuming since US DNS will delay reply for all queries except Netflix, your provider's DNS will be used for web browsing anyway. But US DNS will still be loaded with useless queries of all users browsing the web through it, and as a result delay replies to your Netflix queries resulting in "Can't access Netflix" delay error message.

(2013-06-17, 23:16)spiderjjr45 Wrote: Every time I try to click on a subject like "Recommended" or "Top 25", it redirects me to the "Link in your account" page.
I assume you logged out of Netflix in IE, then got your developer credentials properly and linked your Netflix acc in that process. Then re-login again to Netflix in IE via the same DNS & IP as when getting your credentials (make sure Cookies are ON), and try opening Netflix via XBMC Flicks and working with it.
(2013-06-18, 01:13)sambul25 Wrote:
(2013-06-17, 21:54)saitoh183 Wrote: is this always going to be a hit or miss with each show i try?
Another thing to try: log out of your Canadian Netflix account in all browsers, and clear cache. Then login to your US Netflix account with IE using same DNS server as with XBMC and exit IE without login out. Then clean and reinstall if needed XBMC Flicks folder content, and other folders where Flicks writes files. Launch XBMC with the same DNS, open Netflix, and it should be fine. XBMC Flicks uses your previous browser login to Netflix. It may be what's also important that user IPs remain the same. Not sure, if the DNS service generates the same US IP for the same Canadian IP each time you open Netflix in XBMC compare to browser. Why this is important - because Netflix also fights with "family users" who register one acc, but login all friends through that acc using different IPs and MACs. So that may be another challenge - login in from the same fake IP every time, or at least being logged in to the same acc from one IP at a time.

Just don't browse the web via that US DNS - the best way is to use 2 ethernet adapters - one with US DNS for Netflix, the other with your provider's DNS - for web browsing. Don't try adding your provider's DNS as 2nd to the same adapter assuming since US DNS will delay reply for all queries except Netflix, your provider's DNS will be used for web browsing anyway. But US DNS will still be loaded with useless queries of all users browsing the web through it, and as a result delay replies to your Netflix queries resulting in "Can't login to Netflix" delay error message.

Tried to logout of all accounts on all browsers, clean cache of all browsers, clean Addon_data folder, add tunlr dns, logon to netflix US with US dns in IE, start XBMC, go into my instant queue and started Caprica...no dices Sad .Psych still works just fine. im at a lost...

(2013-06-18, 01:13)sambul25 Wrote: Not sure, if the DNS service generates the same US IP for the same Canadian IP each time you open Netflix in XBMC compare to browser.

Anyway to validate this...i dont see anything in the log

OK..so..I tried the above again from my main PC (using OpenVPN) still got the same issue(even re-did the entire key setup). I also checked my ports to insure that wasnt the issue

here is the log when i try to play Caprica eps1 from my instant TV or after a search:

Code:
00:27:05 T:27816  NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
00:27:05 T:27816 WARNING: ExternalPlayer: invalid value for warpcursor: none
00:27:05 T:27816  NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (false), hidexbmc (false), islauncher (false), warpcursor (none)
00:27:05 T:27816  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html
00:27:05 T:22892  NOTICE: Thread CExternalPlayer start, auto delete: false
00:27:05 T:22892  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Player : c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
00:27:05 T:22892  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: File   : C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html
00:27:05 T:22892  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Content:
00:27:05 T:22892  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Args   : -k "{1}"
00:27:05 T:22892  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Start
00:27:05 T:22892   DEBUG: CExternalPlayer::Process: Unlocking foreground window
00:27:05 T:22892   DEBUG: CSoftAE::Suspend - Suspending AE processing
00:27:05 T:22892  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe "c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -k "C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html"
00:27:05 T:27816   DEBUG: CGUIInfoManager::SetCurrentMovie(C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html)
00:27:05 T:27816   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMovieId (C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=4
00:27:05 T:27816   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetEpisodeId (C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html), query = select idEpisode from episode where idFile=4
00:27:05 T:27816   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMusicVideoId (C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html), query = select idMVideo from musicvideo where idFile=4
00:27:05 T:27816   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnPlay from xbmc
00:27:05 T:27816   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 1, from xbmc, message OnPlay
00:27:05 T:22892  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: WAIT_OBJECT_0

Notice it tries to play file 70147521.html

Now here is the content of my link folder:

What is in blue is what it played and what is in red is eps 1 that works if i double click the file to run it independently from xbmc. If i try 70147521.html, i get the message and all the files up to the file with the blue line, give the cant play video message. So why wont it use the working file?

(2013-05-25, 02:29)Tim. Wrote: I was using XBMCFlicks for quite a while before Frodo launched. Unfortunately XBMCFlicks broke shortly before, and I just gave up and spent $50 on an Xbox Live Gold account and have been using my Xbox 360 to stream Netflix. This afternoon I had some time to kill and read through the past 25 pages or so of this thread and was able to get XBMCFlicks working! Granted, only Instant Queue and Search. I even went so far as to use my new-found Python abilities to tweak the menu to skip right to the options that work. No more clicking passed the disc options. I also removed Genre, Top 25, etc as they are broken due to the ODATA change in the Netflix API. I also modified the iqueue.py to use the Plex developer credentials already.

If you follow the instructions below, you should be able to get XBMCFlicks working on Frodo with Windows 7. I’m not the original developer of this code, and am just trying to help. If Netflix continues messing with the API, this will break again and I may not have the knowledge to fix it. Good luck!

How to get XBMCFlicks working on Frodo!

1. Install the modified addon uploaded here. (Based on yabsie's recent release, modified to remove broken options)
  2. In XBMC navigate to XBMCFlicks and attempt to view the instant queue. It will take you to the Netflix webpage to associate with an account. Just close the page, do not try to authenticate here! Go back to XBMC, press OK. You will get a script error. No problem, just close XBMC.
  3. Navigate to C:\users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\ and open userinfo.txt
  4. The file should be blank, no problem! For now paste in the following text:
    Code:
    requestKey=consumer_key
    requestSecret=consumer_secret
    accessKey=oauth_token
    accessSecret=oauth_token_secret
  5. Save the file, and keep it open for now. Just minimize it.
  6. Navigate to the API Walkthrough here: http://developer.netflix.com/walkthrough
  7. Step 1, input the following developer information (Borrowed from Plex):
    Code:
    Key: nfeafbf2hpdnyfvr5dd32ka6
    Shared Secret: bBsa6TqYab
    Click request a token to move onto the next step.
  8. Step 2, look in the block of text Step 1 just generated and copy the line of text from after “oauth_token_secret=” and before the “&”. Do not include the “&”! Press “Save OAuth Token Secret” to move on to the next step.
  9. Step 3, input the information based on the text block generated in Step 1.
    oauth_token: Copy the line of text from after “oauth_token=” and before the “&”. Do not include the “&”!
    application_name: Plex
    Leave the rest of the fields alone and press “Generate the OAuth Login Page” to be redirected to the normal API access page. Press the ‘Yes, Link This Account’ button to proceed. There will be a short loading time before returning to the walkthrough page. Please be patient!
  10. Step 4 is easy, just press “Request Access Token” to proceed.
  11. Step 5, input the oauth_token and oauth_token_secret in the same way you did in Step 2 and 3 of the API Walkthrough. This time, however, use the text block generated after Step 4.
  12. Step 6, congratulations! You just got the proper API information generated using the Plex developer keys for use with XBMCFlicks. These strings of text are unique to you, don’t share them!
  13. Now that we are done with the API Walkthrough, we pull back up the userdata.txt we minimized earlier. Copy and paste the strings of text and replace the placeholder (for example consumer_key) of the matching field in userdata.txt. No space after the “=” is needed. Save the file and close. Close your browser window with the API Walkthrough open.
  14. Open XBMC, goto Video Addons, open XBMCFlicks, click on Instant Queue, and start watching!
I took these notes as I was setup XBMCFlicks on my laptop which had a fresh Frodo install, so it should work for anyone. I would suggest deleting any old XBMCFlicks folders/addons you may already have before beginning.

Hope I could help someone, and lets hope Netflix leaves us alone for a while!

EDIT: So while Netflix does definitely work, I ran into 2 other issues. The first has been mentioned here a few times: navigation sounds looping (clicking) when choosing a video file. This was apparently added in sometime between the RC's and Final for Frodo. There's a small thread about it over here that I commented in. We should probably make some noise and try to help the devs find what is causing it. The second issue is WASAPI. Some users have suggested enabling WASAPI to "fix" the navigation looping (clicking). Unfortunately, on both of my systems when WASAPI is enabled the Netflix stream will load, but then give me a playback error (several different errors). I can hope that when the devs fix the navigation looping, that they may find a solution to the WASAPI/Netflix incompatibility, but I doubt it.

My solution provided here definitely gets Netflix working again but at least in my case I would have to disable navigation sounds and switch from WASAPI to DirectSound. Maybe you'll get lucky and your system will work fine. Let me know if anyone's got any ideas!

Sorry to be dense but using 12.2 and everytime i try to install it keeps telling me the add-on is not the correct structure. What am I doing wrong?
(2013-06-18, 01:13)sambul25 Wrote: I assume you logged out of Netflix in IE, then got your developer credentials properly and linked your Netflix acc in that process. Then re-login again to Netflix in IE via the same DNS & IP as when getting your credentials (make sure Cookies are ON), and try opening Netflix via XBMC Flicks and working with it.

I've got my Flicks set to Chrome as opposed to IE. Would that be causing a problem?

Edit: Even after going back to IE, I get all the way to the "You've successfully linked your account" page, then I go back to XBMC, click on another link, and again, it tries to open up the "You have to link your account" in the browser. I should also mention that after I get back to XBMC, I get a "Script Failed" error.
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16