• 144(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
Last Gotham rbej build works great. Now DTS over wifi works!!! Except the WU script error everything else works fine.
(2013-06-17, 19:32)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-06-17, 19:14)wizzard72 Wrote: With the RPI (all versions of xbmc) I notice when stopping a video that I briefly see my video list, I expect this behavior, but then for about 2 seconds my screen is black and then again I see my video list. My TV detects new changed settings, because it shows the HDMI summary again. But it is still 1920 x1080 @60Hz. Is this normal behavior? Can I solve this? Deleting the gui xml is not the solution.

Openelec on x86 hardware does not have this behavior.

You can disable "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" but you won't get smooth panning.
I'm afraid it's just down to how long your tv takes to switch HDMI mode. Some it's a fraction of a second, others it can be several seconds.

"Adjust display refresh rate to match video" was disabled, now I have enabled it. Thanks for the answer.
(2013-06-17, 17:41)delinend Wrote: Here's my testing of Rbej: OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Gotham-Branch(17.06.2013).tar.bz2

Updated on OpenElec 3.0.6..

* Problem with first time boot-up. Some menu's hangs, and I fixed it by deleting the "guisettings.XML" file.
* Has to setup and enable Network manuel. Then okay..
* Has to add a NTP server.
* Must manuel insert "<timezone>Europe/Copenhagen</timezone>" in my "guisettings.XML" file, to get the right time/date.
* Weather Underground has a "Scripting error", and does not Work well.

And some god stuff Big Grin
* Edimax Wi-fi now Works Again.
* Omxplayer... Wow !!! Works perfect now, on all my TS and ISO/DVD/MPEG2 files. Start/stop and Resume from x:xx:xx. Also chapter shifting works great.
* My LCDproc setup, also works fine, on the new Branch.

PS: I have no DTS files, to test with. So I don't know anything about that fix in Omxplayer.

Thanks to Rbej and Popcornmix, for all your Works and help. It's great...Big Grin

Best regards.
I have very similar issues.......... but cannot stop lock ups and my Raspberry cannot access my network share......... it keeps locking up before I can change network settings.
I will have to revert to 3.0.6
Updated Frodo Branch

- updated OpenElec revision (16.10.2013)

- updated firmware and kernel (3.9.6)

- 15% speed up DTS decoding

- new OpenElec settings

http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/55304555/file.html

(2013-06-17, 12:35)rbej Wrote: Updated Gotham Branch

- updated OpenElec revision (16.10.2013)

- updated Xbmc Gotham (16.06.2013)

- updated kernel (3.9.6)

- updated new clock for Omxplayer (15% speed up DTS decoding) and make audio render configurable as the clock master (use GUI setting "sync playback to display" to control)

- new OpenElec settings

http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/88508173/file.html

strange, I can't see the gui settings option "sync playback to display". I already deleted guisettings.xml but no difference.
I noticed another bug. When xbmc crashes after automatic restart of xbmc binary libcec is is reloaded and works.But that's only for 5 seconds but disappears. Then I have to do a cold restart to get cec working again.
(2013-06-17, 22:32)_phk_ Wrote: strange, I can't see the gui settings option "sync playback to display". I already deleted guisettings.xml but no difference.
I noticed another bug. When xbmc crashes after automatic restart of xbmc binary libcec is is reloaded and works.But that's only for 5 seconds but disappears. Then I have to do a cold restart to get cec working again.

On Gotham go to settings/video/playback. Press left, and you can change the settings level that are displayed. Change to "expect" and all options will be visible.
Now you can change "sync playback to display"
@popcornmix: thank you very much!
(2013-06-16, 19:32)MilhouseVH Wrote: There's already a nosplash option that can be added to cmdline.txt, you could test for that in /sbin/init but I have to ask, why is it so important to suppress the version text information that appears for just a few seconds? What is it you are trying to achieve - a completely minimalist boot sequence?
Yeah, the splash is taken care of (either command-line of via the .xml file).
I'm just looking for as clean a boot-up as possible - minimalist is a good way
to describe it. Plus it seems logical to include such an option given the ability
to control splash settings (ideally both the splash and lsb_release should be
controllable in a similar manner - I see no reason why one is more intrusive
and thus controllable compared to the other)

Thanks.
Updated Gotham Branch

- updated Xbmc Gotham (17.06.2013)

- updated firmware (better performance)

- fix auto-selection of audio and subtitle streams

http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/19307981/file.html

(2013-06-18, 08:36)tfft Wrote:
(2013-06-16, 19:32)MilhouseVH Wrote: There's already a nosplash option that can be added to cmdline.txt, you could test for that in /sbin/init but I have to ask, why is it so important to suppress the version text information that appears for just a few seconds? What is it you are trying to achieve - a completely minimalist boot sequence?
Yeah, the splash is taken care of (either command-line of via the .xml file).
I'm just looking for as clean a boot-up as possible - minimalist is a good way
to describe it. Plus it seems logical to include such an option given the ability
to control splash settings (ideally both the splash and lsb_release should be
controllable in a similar manner - I see no reason why one is more intrusive
and thus controllable compared to the other)

Thanks.

the "nosplash" option was added together with the "progress" optionfor debugging reasons only. i dont think we would add a option to hide the versions and distributions infos there, because its part of the branding and should not be removed.

Whats the problem with having our splash and our distribution informations there? Its a bit a question about respecting the project and the work done by the authors of this project - both, the splash and this info is nearly the ONLY way to show which OS is running XBMC in OpenELEC. For sure you are free to remove this for your own usage, but in this case you should compile byself.
greetings, Stephan

(2013-06-18, 09:08)sraue Wrote: Whats the problem with having our splash and our distribution informations there? Its a bit a question about respecting the project and the work done by the authors of this project - both, the splash and this info is nearly the ONLY way to show which OS is running XBMC in OpenELEC. For sure you are free to remove this for your own usage, but in this case you should compile byself.

this is also the reason we dont do changes in XBMC's theme - like other distros does this (replacing the XBMC logo, adding our own logo, changing the colors or backgrounds...) - because we respect the work from the XBMC team / theme developer
greetings, Stephan

Updated Gotham Branch

- updated new clock for Oxmplayer.

Please test it.

http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/30781593/file.html

(2013-06-18, 09:02)rbej Wrote: Updated Gotham Branch

I'm still having problems with this.
RPI with latest Gotham will not connect to my Windows media server (runs 24x7) shares and it continually crashes whilst i'm trying to configure.
Interesting a secondary Linux NAS box works fine.

On reverting back to Frodo 3.0.6 everthing works fine
(2013-06-18, 12:55)evanspae Wrote:
(2013-06-18, 09:02)rbej Wrote: Updated Gotham Branch

I'm still having problems with this.
RPI with latest Gotham will not connect to my Windows media server (runs 24x7) shares and it continually crashes whilst i'm trying to configure.
Interesting a secondary Linux NAS box works fine.

On reverting back to Frodo 3.0.6 everthing works fine

I use SMB connections to my Windows server, and it Works fine.. What do you use ?
Quote:I use SMB connections to my Windows server, and it Works fine.. What do you use ?

I use SMB and have been using this for ages and its fine with Windows shares, its just something in the new Gotham build is not quite right and screws up config which I cannot then get into to reconfigure.
  • 144(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12