• 102(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
spiderjjr45

Are you in the US? Also, try to logout of Netflix in all browsers and clear browser cache before getting your developer credentials.

saitoh183

Were all these html links generated just for one show episode? What if you delete all these links and try again? How the log is different for another show episode you mentioned earlier that plays correctly via XBMC Flicks?

As to idFile=4, it may be referring to that Show file with certain resolution, you selected in your Netflix acc on their site as default. Can you play normally other movies besides that show?

As to checking your IP given to Netflix by DNS, I wonder if you can check it via any IP checking site? Can you go back from Silverlight window to IE window in the same browser instance after Flicks opens Silverlight, and check your IP, and compare it to the IP given by opening IE as normal browser outside of XBMC? Another thing to try is to logout from Netflix in all browsers, and then login to it via XBMC Flicks opened browser, so you sure only one IP is logged in.
(2013-06-18, 16:18)sambul25 Wrote: saitoh183

Were all these html links generated just for one show episode? What if you delete all these links and try again? How the log is different for another show episode you mentioned earlier that plays correctly via XBMC Flicks?

As to idFile=4, it may be referring to that Show file with certain resolution, you selected in your Netflix acc on their site as default. Can you play normally other movies besides that show?

As to checking your IP given to Netflix by DNS, I wonder if you can check it via any IP checking site? Can you go back from Silverlight window to IE window in the same browser instance after Flicks opens Silverlight, and check your IP, and compare it to the IP given by opening IE as normal browser outside of XBMC? Another thing to try is to logout from Netflix in all browsers, and then login to it via XBMC Flicks opened browser, so you sure only one IP is logged in.

Those links are generated as soon as i go into the show and it displays the episode list. If i delete them and try to play the show,it just opens IE to my homepage. I must go to the show list and back to the eps level for it to generate the links again(which are the same links).I get the same problem with Raising Hope as well. I have tried Walking Dead, Psych,Eureka and they all worked. It creates the links for all the episodes. IP seems to be the same. If the IP was a problem, none of the shows would work i figure. I already tried the logout and do it after i launch a show via xbmc. I noticed that if i go directly to netflix and play eps1 it also uses the stream number i highlighted in my screenshot (70202483)

Here is the link used when i go directly:
http://movies.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movie...b9-5245638

and here is the one used by XBMCFlicks:
http://movies.netflix.com/WiPlayerCommun...piwn&nbb=y

If i swap out 70147521 for 70202483, it will load. At first i thought it might be because of profiles (have 1 for the wife and one for me) but it changes nothing (still annoying that i have to pick a profile each time i load a movie from Xbmc...but 1 battle at a time Smile )

I also tested a Movie that is US only (End of Watch) and it loads up just fine.

Here is the log when i try Caprica: http://pastebin.com/tbBG88mL
It shows what id each eps has.

Have you tried caprica to see what you get as ID or to see if it works?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
It seems there are 2 reasonable causes left:
a) Netflix server error in linking proper eps number to its link generated by Netflix via devs gateway as opposed to browser gateway;
b) Flicks unidentified error (and its author unavailable) Smile

May I suggest you to contact Netflix CS... I know in most cases its useless, but at times they were willing to dig in beyond CS scripted answers. They contacted Netflix devs, and it may be the exact case you need to find the root cause. One expected answer though may be: "we don't support XBMC, they don't share code with us". However, if its really Netflix bug, they would be interested to ID it, and your logs may help. Don't explain much about workarounds though.
(2013-06-18, 18:33)sambul25 Wrote: It seems there are 2 reasonable causes left:
a) Netflix server error in linking proper eps number to its link generated by Netflix via devs gateway as opposed to browser gateway;
b) Flicks unidentified error (and its author unavailable) Smile

May I suggest you to contact Netflix CS... I know in most cases its useless, but at times they were willing to dig in beyond CS scripted answers. They contacted Netflix devs, and it may be the exact case you need to find the root cause. One expected answer though may be: "we don't support XBMC, they don't share code with us". However, if its really Netflix bug, they would be interested to ID it, and your logs may help. Don't explain much about workarounds though.

Is there a way to use the API call to check what the ID that doesnt work refer to?Also did you try the show on your end to see if you get the same result?

Its a shame that this addon is not really maintained anymore and that issues like mine are almost impossible to fix. If i contact CS, i dont want to go through the complications because im using a vpn/dns changer...that im using a US account instead of a canada one and so on. I just might have to give up on this addon. I can always use Advanced Launcher but this will only bring me to the nexflix site and its not really a intergration into XBMc like Flicks Sad

For me the main reason to use this was to re-stream Netflix content via XBMC DLNA Server to a network player without Netflix feature, hooked to a TV. Never got this whole thing working properly. Otherwise I don't see advantages of using Netflix via XBMC. And it seems like both sides benefit from blocking Netflix on XBMC, since they all want to profit from device licensing. And especially now, when XBMC team is working for MS... Amazing thing is: if Netflix API is so buggy, why all devices run Netflix without a glitch? And regardless of ongoing Netflix changes and device firmware upgrades? I guess, its all about money - not code.

But you can contact CS with your Canadian Netflix acc, if you experience same issues. I suspect, you can't watch any movie at all via XBMC from Canada without DNS & VPN - it just hangs on downloading movie file (I guess just to fill the buffer), despite it runs OK via IE?
Well took the plunge in contacting CS and they were no help...couldnt even tell me to which movie/tvshow the movieid 70147521 referred to.

here is something i noticed in my log:

First i see this:
Code:
{"episode_short":"S1:E0 - Pilot","id":"http://api-public.netflix.com/catalog/titles/programs/197680/70147521","season_number":1,"title":"Caprica: Season 1.0: Disc 1","sequence":0,"episode_short_raw":"Pilot"},{"episode_short":"S1:E0 - Pilot Unrated","id":"http://api-public.netflix.com/catalog/titles/programs/197681/70147521","season_number":1,"title":"Caprica: Season 1.0: Disc 1","sequence":0,"episode_short_raw":"Pilot Unrated"}
Then lower down i see:
Code:
{"episode_short":"S1:E0 - Pilot: Part 1","id":"http://api-public.netflix.com/catalog/titles/programs/242881/70202483","season_number":1,"title":"Caprica: Season 1: \"Pilot: Part 1\"","sequence":0,"episode_short_raw":"Pilot: Part 1"}

After that in the next section (i assume this is where the generated HTML files are created:

Code:
11:33:19 T:26744   DEBUG: CThumbExtractor::DoWork - trying to extract filestream details from video file C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html
11:33:19 T:30628  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
11:33:19 T:8856   DEBUG: Thread Background Loader 8856 terminating

Code:
C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70202483.html
11:33:19 T:26744   DEBUG: CThumbExtractor::DoWork - trying to extract filestream details from video file

And finally when i play the first eps:
Code:
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CApplication::ProcessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CGUIWindowVideoBase::OnPlayMedia C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnClear from xbmc
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 2, from xbmc, message OnClear
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMovieId (C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=4
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetEpisodeId (C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html), query = select idEpisode from episode where idFile=4
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMusicVideoId (C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html), query = select idMVideo from musicvideo where idFile=4
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnAdd from xbmc
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 2, from xbmc, message OnAdd
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers(C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html)
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: un-named
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: matches rule: un-named
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: html
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: matches rule: html
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: adding player: IE (4) for rule: html
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: system rules
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: matches rule: system rules
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: rtv
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: hdhomerun/myth/mms/udp
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: lastfm/shout
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: rtsp
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: streams
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: dvd
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: dvdimage
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: sdp/asf
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: nsv
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: radio
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: matched 1 rules with players
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: adding videodefaultplayer (1)
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: for video=1, audio=0
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: for video=1, audio=1
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: adding player: DVDPlayer (1)
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: added 2 players
11:33:36 T:10148  NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
11:33:36 T:10148 WARNING: ExternalPlayer: invalid value for warpcursor: none
11:33:36 T:10148  NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (false), hidexbmc (false), islauncher (false), warpcursor (none)
11:33:36 T:10148  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html
11:33:36 T:6156  NOTICE: Thread CExternalPlayer start, auto delete: false
11:33:36 T:6156  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Player : c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
11:33:36 T:6156  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: File   : C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html
11:33:36 T:6156  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Content:
11:33:36 T:6156  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Args   : "{1}"
11:33:36 T:6156  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Start
11:33:36 T:6156   DEBUG: CExternalPlayer::Process: Unlocking foreground window
11:33:36 T:6156   DEBUG: CSoftAE::Suspend - Suspending AE processing
11:33:36 T:6156  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe "c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html"
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CGUIInfoManager::SetCurrentMovie(C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html)
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMovieId (C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=4
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetEpisodeId (C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html), query = select idEpisode from episode where idFile=4
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMusicVideoId (C:\Users\saitoh\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70147521.html), query = select idMVideo from musicvideo where idFile=4
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnPlay from xbmc
11:33:36 T:10148   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 1, from xbmc, message OnPlay

(2013-06-17, 16:58)saitoh183 Wrote: Why does it generate 4 html files for eps 1 with the message :Our apologies — the movie you requested is not available at this time but then generate a 4th file with the content that works.
You still didn't show how the log is different for the Psych show eps that plays fine for you in XBMC Flicks? Are these 4 "dummy" files also generated, but for playback Flicks picks the right 5th html file on its own? What exactly is different in that "good" log? Does the number of "dummy" first files stay the same, or its different for each show that doesn't play? Can you try playing a few more different show titles to see some commonalities?

Another thing to try: check your Silverlight version, see if its the latest one, uninstall and install the latest V5 for your OS version. If that doesn't help, uninstall and install V4, or better Developer's V3 (no DRM). I read on forums that DRM components in Silverlight may result in similar random effects, and V3 doesn't have DRM, so it was playing well. Might not be related to your issue, but in the absence of any support for Flicks it may be worse to try. You can always try it in a VM to preserve PC setup.

Another thing: did you check if XBMC is set to transcode Netflix video playback on the fly, since Netflix is a webkit channel? It may be the cause of "downloading forever" issue, though hardly related to yours.
(2013-06-19, 14:52)sambul25 Wrote:
(2013-06-17, 16:58)saitoh183 Wrote: Why does it generate 4 html files for eps 1 with the message :Our apologies — the movie you requested is not available at this time but then generate a 4th file with the content that works.
You still didn't show how the log is different for the Psych show eps that plays fine for you in XBMC Flicks? Are these 4 "dummy" files also generated, but for playback Flicks picks the right 5th html file on its own? What exactly is different in that "good" log? Does the number of "dummy" first files stay the same, or its different for each show that doesn't play? Can you try playing a few more different show titles to see some commonalities?

Another thing to try: check your Silverlight version, see if its the latest one, uninstall and install the latest V5 for your OS version. If that doesn't help, uninstall and install V4, or better Developer's V3 (no DRM). I read on forums that DRM components in Silverlight may result in similar random effects, and V3 doesn't have DRM, so it was playing well. Might not be related to your issue, but in the absence of any support for Flicks it may be worse to try. You can always try it in a VM to preserve PC setup.

Another thing: did you check if XBMC is set to transcode Netflix video playback on the fly, since Netflix is a webkit channel? It may be the cause of "downloading forever" issue, though hardly related to yours.

Log with pysch
http://pastebin.com/NYQe9nrV

All the links generated are all good...no dummy links were created

changing Silverlight version to 3 didnt change anything. When you open the show in xbmc to view the eps list, thats when it generates the html files and i always get the same generated files. But you never answer me, if you get the same files if you tried on your side. I also tried the show Raising Hope. It also creates extra files that dont work

I tried Caprica and Psych, and got exact same result as you. With Caprica it opens IE and says "Movie is unavailable". BUT... When I click the link in the same window "Go back to browsing", it brings Netflix site in IE, and from there Caprica starts without a glitch. With Psych everything is good from the get go. So it appears to be DRM related, but you can easily get around it, watch the show, and then go back to still open XBMC. I didn't check, if opening Caprica from the browser instance opened by XBMC will generate new and replace previous show links in XBMC - its unlikely, but you may want to check it. Anyway, the issue appears to be (Netflix site) DRM glitch, and is not so dramatic, since you can still play the show, and don't have to open a separate browser instance for it. It also might be that different Netflix movie servers have varying permissions to serve developers' requests - possibly due to Netflix "endless work in progress" - so ask their CS about it. But it was really a lot worst just a month ago...

Once show links are added, they can be scrapped to XBMC Media Library, and possibly viewed via a network player - that was my goal. Smile Not sure of other reasons to watch Netflix via XBMC - convenience, same media library and interface - possibly... Btw, the whole thing works better in XBMC than with Plex: no re-encoding on the fly, minimal proc and GPU load, good pic quality. I guess because its straightforward IE & Silverlight combo, just opened by XBMC Flicks. But of course only until you try streaming it over LAN - then re-encoding may be required, since the network player doesn't have Silverlight.

I can't find where to set IE to be open by Flicks in a window rather than in full screen mode.
(2013-06-18, 16:18)sambul25 Wrote: spiderjjr45

Are you in the US? Also, try to logout of Netflix in all browsers and clear browser cache before getting your developer credentials.

I am a US member. I have cleared every browser's cache and cookies. Logged out everywhere I could. And every time I click on Queue or Recommended or any of the options, it STILL takes me to the link-in screen. I can't get to any of the actual material still. Does the "Script Failed" that pops up after I link the account have anything to do with it? :/
Your Netflix account must be linked to the developer credentials you obtained. Try adding your Netflix login / password to Flicks plugin Settings. If doesn't help, try to uninstall Flicks, delete its files, logout of all browsers, clear browser cache, then get new developer credentials, and in the process link your US Netflix account (make sure you do it from a US IP, and switch On your browser cookies & app storage). Then reinstall Flicks, and add your developer credentials. From your explanation it sounds like IE doesn't accept cookies & app storage, so may be decrease security level, and make sure you login to your OS as a user with permissions to write on the HDD.
Ok I got XBMC Flicks running well kind of. I’m able to see everything in my instant queue however, nothing plays. For example, when I select a movie IE starts up and I got this enable java script error so I enabled in IE. Then I try it again now I get enable ActiveX so I enable it. I tried it again and get the same error. What else do I need to change in IE to get Netflix to play?
HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
Have you tried with a different browser?
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16