• 137(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
Hi,
I like a lot this theme, so easy to use, no frills and it can be used by my parents. I am using for it some days now and I have just two minor problems. The first one is about the translation. I have a win7 machine and I noted that in <user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.quartz\language there isn't an Italian directory, nonetheless the skin is correctly localized, except for one string in the homescreen (newly added) that is in English language. I am wondering what file I have to edit to insert the correct translation. The second one is a bit more complicated. In other skins, when viewing movie info, I can select the director name, hit enter and get a list of movies in my collection from the same director. In quartz I can do the same just for actors. Maybe it's me, but I never said "Ok, let's see a Woody Allen movie", then go to the directors list and searched for him. It happens that browsing my collection I look into movie details and then I say: "Let's see what other movies I have from this director". So I would like to know if there's a way to do that (it seems that in post #424 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid877666 you said you had would had added it) or, in case there isn't, if it's possible to add this feature.
Thanks.
(2013-06-22, 12:54)buongiorgio Wrote: Hi,
I like a lot this theme, so easy to use, no frills and it can be used by my parents. I am using for it some days now and I have just two minor problems. The first one is about the translation. I have a win7 machine and I noted that in <user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.quartz\language there isn't an Italian directory, nonetheless the skin is correctly localized, except for one string in the homescreen (newly added) that is in English language. I am wondering what file I have to edit to insert the correct translation. The second one is a bit more complicated. In other skins, when viewing movie info, I can select the director name, hit enter and get a list of movies in my collection from the same director. In quartz I can do the same just for actors. Maybe it's me, but I never said "Ok, let's see a Woody Allen movie", then go to the directors list and searched for him. It happens that browsing my collection I look into movie details and then I say: "Let's see what other movies I have from this director". So I would like to know if there's a way to do that (it seems that in post #424 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid877666 you said you had would had added it) or, in case there isn't, if it's possible to add this feature.
Thanks.

Thanks.

For translation, use strings.xml from Language/English folder and replace English strings with Italian. I'll update it in the skin afterwards. Unfortunately, no plans for director button at the moment, sorry.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi! Thanks for this awesome skin! I'm using it on my RPi flawlessly...
I would probably be installing it on a small screen on my car, so it's excellent.

Just a question, is it possible to configure it to enter automatically on full screen music playing mode (where you only see the album cover & data really big on the screen); when I choose a song to play?

Thanks!!
(2013-06-28, 04:37)ClickyMouse Wrote: Hi! Thanks for this awesome skin! I'm using it on my RPi flawlessly...
I would probably be installing it on a small screen on my car, so it's excellent.

Just a question, is it possible to configure it to enter automatically on full screen music playing mode (where you only see the album cover & data really big on the screen); when I choose a song to play?

Thanks!!

I'm not sure about fullscreen but that is XBMC feature and it is not skin specific. Ask around somebody else would know better :)
(2013-06-28, 10:04)pecinko Wrote: I'm not sure about fullscreen but that is XBMC feature and it is not skin specific. Ask around somebody else would know better Smile
Oh OK, thanks!!
I hope it can be done, because I love the fullscreen music player from this skin.

Bye!

_____
P.S.: Can I modify anyhow that full screen visualization? Like for increasing font size, or removing some lines (previous & next song for instance)?
Thanks!
i have to say a big thank you because Quartz is the only skin that i sticked with for a very long time…
i just have one quick question:

is it possible to disable the Favorites window when you are on the home screen and press the Menu button?
Hi, I've been using Quartz for forever on my two ATV2's. Upgraded from Eden to Frodo, and for some odd reason the "dvd cover art" thumbnails is missing for many movies. If I switch to Transparency skin, all disc cover art correctly shows up. Anyone know why I'm seeing a mixture of disc cover art for some movies and not for others?

Wherever disc cover art is missing, there's like a snapshot from within the movie in its place.
(2013-06-28, 15:10)ClickyMouse Wrote: P.S.: Can I modify anyhow that full screen visualization? Like for increasing font size, or removing some lines (previous & next song for instance)?

Take a look at MusicVisualisation.xml

(2013-06-29, 13:10)fantaaa Wrote: is it possible to disable the Favorites window when you are on the home screen and press the Menu button?

You should make custom keymap. Take a look here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt...l_for_ATV2

Basically you would want to remove
PHP Code:
<button id="6">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Favourites)</button
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Please put in a big graphical version 4 under the add-on - skin page, next time you update Smile If it's not too much to ask Wink (now it says 3)

Thank you!
The Real Skimshady
(2013-07-06, 04:05)bthusby Wrote: Please put in a big graphical version 4 under the add-on - skin page, next time you update Smile If it's not too much to ask Wink (now it says 3)

OK, I promise Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-06-29, 13:10)fantaaa Wrote: is it possible to disable the Favorites window when you are on the home screen and press the Menu button?

You should make custom keymap. Take a look here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt...l_for_ATV2

Basically you would want to remove
PHP Code:
<button id="6">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Favourites)</button
[/quote]

that worked perfectly! thank you!!
Hi

Using this skin on the PI and it is very good!

Just one question, how do you set up personalised menu options in the main menu. I would like one of my addons (TV Catchup) side by side as a menu option next to Movies, TV Shows etc.

This is how I had it set up in NOX but can't seem to workk it out here?

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Just a suggestion, to show Genre instead of Rating in Big List, similar to my Simplex mod:

Quartz

Simplex Mod

Thanks, pecinko!
Also, are skin widgets supported in Quartz?

I can select the In progress TV Shows but that doesn't reflect what i was hoping for.
A similar behavior like Plex's On Deck where you get only the first unplayed episode per tvshow and not ALL unwatched episodes.

I thought this is the expected behavior what the Recommend section in skin widgets does, right?
Are we talking about Quartz for plexbmc that's supported by Hippojay or Quartz from XBMC repository?

Genres won't work. Plex reduces them to 2 but in XBMC they can be like 8 of them.

Skin widgets are not supported in Quartz, sorry about that.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 137(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12