• 100(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2013-06-15, 20:59)nessus Wrote:
(2013-06-15, 03:48)JuggalotusHeat Wrote:
(2013-06-15, 03:46)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: Does not have a auto run feature.

Aaah Ok bummer. How do you guys use it? On a schedule or all all done manually?
Yeah... that's a bummer indeed.
Every time something is added to the library the addon should figure out what kind of artwork you want to download and then do the job automatically and silently in the background without bothering the user for such insignificant matters.

Real bummer :P

Cheers
Nessus

I was simply asking if a feature that is in most other xbmc addons was present. When you update library with universal it adds the art automatically based on tmdb search. I saw a screenshot that showed an interval and service settings. Is there any particular reason that was removed?
because if it doesn't cost you a thing on your side, it may be costing to others on the other side ;-)
(2013-06-03, 19:22)tesona1977 Wrote: same here.

you run in a big loop where artwork downloader ask for "gui download" of all artwork available....for all movies. the only way out is to run through all 200-1000 movies by hitting esc 200-1000 times...or you escape this loop by sigkilling xbmc

nasty bug that happens from time to time

So, Martijn, is this a bug in the add-on or an incorrect implementation in the skin (in my case Aeon Nox)? I really dont know how to get this fixed, today it happened 3 times in one hour. The only new piece of information I have is that once you try again to download that particular tv show/movies (after having skipped downloading artwork for every other item in your library), it usually performs the downloading just fine (i.e. proposing artwork to download only for that one movie/tv show). I truly hope something can be done, this is really driving me insane. Thanks in advance.
I have encountered a bug where it's replacing my logo.png for lots of my movies with all the same image. I've deleted them (it's easy to sort the files by date), reset the database (by changing source to none), re-added the sources and ran it again, but it's done the exact same thing. Anyone any ideas?

I'll get you a log file now as sooon as it completes
(2013-06-24, 13:08)PogMoThoin Wrote: I have encountered a bug where it's replacing my logo.png for lots of my movies with all the same image. I've deleted them (it's easy to sort the files by date), reset the database (by changing source to none), re-added the sources and ran it again, but it's done the exact same thing. Anyone any ideas?

I'll get you a log file now as sooon as it completes

I'd expect this kind of behaviour if your movies are using movie-name prefix and you specified "Use local files" - as far as artwork creation is concerned (somewhat counter intuitively, this is what will occur when "Use local files" is enabled), AD really only supports single movies per folder.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-06-24, 16:20)MilhouseVH Wrote: I'd expect this kind of behaviour if your movies are using movie-name prefix and you specified "Use local files" - as far as artwork creation is concerned (somewhat counter intuitively, this is what will occur when "Use local files" is enabled), AD really only supports single movies per folder.

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain properly, each and every movie is perfectly named <moviename> (year).ext and in it's own folder named <moviename> (year). I'm not new to this addon, I've been using it for about 2 years to add artwork to my collection. Some of the movies which did have logo.png's added previously with this addon have now been replaced with a new wrong image, all the same image and all modified on todays date. I've reset the database and reset the addon to default and it's still happening
Tried to find solution with search, even tried reading the whole thread, but 150 pages got the best of me.

I'm using AD with "local files" turned on, and also with centralized extrafanart folder.
I'm using the folder for artwork slideshow in main menu and in TV shows menu... Smile
But, how can I add local files to the centralized folder?
AD doesn't copy local files from extrafanart folder to centralized one.
I can just drop them in centralized folder for main menu slideshow,
but that will not work in tv shows menu since they are not associated with the appropriate TV show).

So, my question is how to associate local fanart to a TV show if I'm using centralized folder?
I have battled with this bug and got nowhere. It's only affecting Movie logo.pngs, all other artwork, extrafanart, banner, clearart and disc downloads fine as does all artwork for TV Shows. I've rebuilt the database several times. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit, I now think it's adding this image as a default image when there is no image available for download.
(2013-06-25, 17:50)PogMoThoin Wrote: I have battled with this bug and got nowhere. It's only affecting Movie logo.pngs, all other artwork, extrafanart, banner, clearart and disc downloads fine as does all artwork for TV Shows. I've rebuilt the database several times. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit, I now think it's adding this image as a default image when there is no image available for download.

I just wanted to add that I have been experiencing the same behaviour. I too have noticed that AD adds the same wrong logo.png to any movie that has no logo on fanart TV. I am at a loss on how to solve it. I can give a debug log if needed. Be warned I have a very large collection so I am guessing the log will be big.
(2013-06-24, 20:20)PogMoThoin Wrote:
(2013-06-24, 16:20)MilhouseVH Wrote: I'd expect this kind of behaviour if your movies are using movie-name prefix and you specified "Use local files" - as far as artwork creation is concerned (somewhat counter intuitively, this is what will occur when "Use local files" is enabled), AD really only supports single movies per folder.

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain properly, each and every movie is perfectly named <moviename> (year).ext and in it's own folder named <moviename> (year). I'm not new to this addon, I've been using it for about 2 years to add artwork to my collection. Some of the movies which did have logo.png's added previously with this addon have now been replaced with a new wrong image, all the same image and all modified on todays date. I've reset the database and reset the addon to default and it's still happening

Is it recommended to also put the year in to the file name? I normally just name the movie folder: nameofmovie (year) and the file name just nameofmovie.avi

When you get these same logo.pngs appearing for movies that have no artwork available, what mode are you running AD in? Auto mode?

Thanks
(2013-06-27, 15:17)cw-kid Wrote: Is it recommended to also put the year in to the file name? I normally just name the movie folder: nameofmovie (year) and the file name just nameofmovie.avi

When you get these same logo.pngs appearing for movies that have no artwork available, what mode are you running AD in? Auto mode?

Thanks

I have the name in both, although that does not matter as I have local nfo's identifying each movie added with Ember. Ember adds poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, then artwork downloader adds extrafanart, logo.png, banner.png, clearart.png and disc.png. There is no longer auto in artwork downloader, it was removed in Frodo, you must run it manually.
(2013-06-27, 15:37)PogMoThoin Wrote:
(2013-06-27, 15:17)cw-kid Wrote: Is it recommended to also put the year in to the file name? I normally just name the movie folder: nameofmovie (year) and the file name just nameofmovie.avi

Thanks

I have the name in both, although that does not matter as I have local nfo's identifying each movie added with Ember. Ember adds poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, then artwork downloader adds extrafanart, logo.png, banner.png, clearart.png and disc.png. There is no longer auto in artwork downloader, it was removed in Frodo, you must run it manually.

Please see screen shot, you can run AD in Solo, GUI and Auto modes, I haven't seen this issue with the incorrect logo.png's I normally just use Solo mode on the new movie titles I add. But was wondering what modes others with this problem were using.

(2013-06-27, 16:04)cw-kid Wrote: Please see screen shot, you can run AD in Solo, GUI and Auto modes, I haven't seen this issue with the incorrect logo.png's I normally just use Solo mode on the new movie titles I add. But was wondering what modes others with this problem were using.

I just launch it from programs, it scans the full collection for missing artwork and adds whatever new images it finds. In Eden you could run this on a schedule, but it was removed
(2013-06-27, 12:32)Rastan Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 17:50)PogMoThoin Wrote: I have battled with this bug and got nowhere. It's only affecting Movie logo.pngs, all other artwork, extrafanart, banner, clearart and disc downloads fine as does all artwork for TV Shows. I've rebuilt the database several times. Anyone have any ideas?

I just wanted to add that I have been experiencing the same behaviour. I too have noticed that AD adds the same wrong logo.png to any movie that has no logo on fanart TV. I am at a loss on how to solve it. I can give a debug log if needed. Be warned I have a very large collection so I am guessing the log will be big.
Someone uploaded this logo which was not assigned to a movie ID (not sure how the hell he was able to do that) and another mod approved it. As soon as I noticed it I denied the images (both SD and HD) hoping that this logo would stop popping up but it seems it's still here. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do in this case.
I do apologize for the troubles this causes, though.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2013-06-29, 01:05)ArieS Wrote:
(2013-06-27, 12:32)Rastan Wrote:

Someone uploaded this logo which was not assigned to a movie ID (not sure how the hell he was able to do that) and another mod approved it. As soon as I noticed it I denied the images (both SD and HD) hoping that this logo would stop popping up but it seems it's still here. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do in this case.
I do apologize for the troubles this causes, though.

@ArieS
Please delete the logo from the site. Thats the only way.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18