• 154(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-06-30, 07:44)rbej Wrote: Updated Gotham branch

- updated firmware

- PVR fixes

http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/64213343/file.html

On the home screen the translation of "Programs" changed to the translation of "TV Shows" with Hebrew.
I've looked in Transifex, nothing wrong there.
The strings on the Addons (meaning "Programs addons") are fine and as far as I checked this is seems to be the only anomaly.

It would be nice if anyone could check other languages.
@rbej: Can you analyse my problem with starttimes?
Turn off "Extract thumbnail and video information"

i need help, i used the advancedconfig above but my raspberry is still not buffering is there a way to find out why.

Cheers
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>5242880</cachemembuffersize>
<alwaysforcebuffer>1</alwaysforcebuffer>
</network>

Works perfect for me and buffering when playing from smb, lan, nfs, etc sources.

(2013-07-01, 13:22)rbej Wrote: <network>
<cachemembuffersize>5242880</cachemembuffersize>
<alwaysforcebuffer>1</alwaysforcebuffer>
</network>

Works perfect for me and buffering when playing from smb, lan, nfs, etc sources.

My problem is wlan. If I use wired connection no more problems with cache buffering, and file transfer speed increases to 1,3 MB/s (smb). Maybe I should buy a powerline kit...
is live tv any better with these builds?
Not as good as OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Gotham-Branch(07.06.2013)
i checked it with both units that i have but on both there is no buffering.

is there a way to check, why its not buffering?

Cheers and thanks for your help.
(2013-07-01, 10:36)rbej Wrote: Turn off "Extract thumbnail and video information"

This has no effect!

When i have more files, the movie starts in 2-3 seconds!
When i have 2 files, the movie starts in <= 1 second!

Both is really fast, in openelec 3.0.x the starttime are 6-7 seconds!
Well I was able to make this work without much difficulty, being I just received my Rpi 2 days ago. I still have a few issues like getting the scraper to show any movie info but I'll figure that out in time as I'm probably doing something wrong. Still need to get my remote control working properly too but again, I'm learning so I'll make it there.

@rbej, I think your work here is fantastic. I'll be playing with your builds each week. The only problem I had with the current build is periodically my keyboard entries would start to repeat. Hitting another key would stop this action. More playing to do...

Joe
Hey rbej will your next Gothem be alpha 6 because alpha 5 given remote share error popup window. Thanks for all you do.
(2013-07-01, 21:35)JoeSchmuck Wrote: @rbej, I think your work here is fantastic. I'll be playing with your builds each week. The only problem I had with the current build is periodically my keyboard entries would start to repeat. Hitting another key would stop this action. More playing to do...

Hi Joe,

That's a known issue for the raspberry pi which is probably related to low voltage on usb ports. You can have a look at the raspberry pi forum for more details and possible solutions (some persons modified their rpi by soldering). The simpliest way to solve this issue is to use a more powerful power supply and/or to lower the overclocking settings.

Edit: Found this page on elinux. However, there's not that much information: http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#R...ey_presses
(2013-06-27, 16:44)CorePoint Wrote: I think the problem with Sandisk SD Cards ist back. When i write the Files manually to the Card (on my PC), then the Pi boots fine.
But when you initiate a reboot, the Pi won't boot anymore.
When you Update trough the Update folder, the files are written and the Pi won't boot thereafter.

I think this is the last build that i didn't had that problem with. 20130622121054

But besides that, the last builds were the fastest and most fluid builds i've ever seen.

This problem is gone with the latest Build. (OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel-20130630073300-r14131)

Smile
(2013-07-02, 11:14)hpbaxxter Wrote:
(2013-07-01, 21:35)JoeSchmuck Wrote: @rbej, I think your work here is fantastic. I'll be playing with your builds each week. The only problem I had with the current build is periodically my keyboard entries would start to repeat. Hitting another key would stop this action. More playing to do...

Hi Joe,

That's a known issue for the raspberry pi which is probably related to low voltage on usb ports. You can have a look at the raspberry pi forum for more details and possible solutions (some persons modified their rpi by soldering). The simpliest way to solve this issue is to use a more powerful power supply and/or to lower the overclocking settings.

Edit: Found this page on elinux. However, there's not that much information: http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#R...ey_presses
Thanks for the info. I'll look into this problem. Glad it's not the software.
  • 154(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12