• 50(current)
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
Sometimes when I turn the box on from standby either the Wifi has no internet connectivity (so wifi logo is grey) or there is no wifi at all (so no logo or just empty outline). Furthermore, the box on occasion won't go into standby but remains green with the yellow led on too sometimes - unless it is downloading a software upgrade I'm not really sure.

Is there any way to hold down particular buttons on the box to force SD output? If I update my box it will revert to YCbCr / HDMI so I'll have to move the box to the other TV and back to finish the update
So I just had something lame happen.... I was in the middle of updating my library (And trying to delete aTV show without much luck) when it booted me out of XBMC and when I loaded it back up ALL my settings were lost and it was back to confluance Sad
Still waiting on some sort of advice from Geniatech on Flashing a new recovery.

Hoping its not going to go from a soft brick to a "I am going to through it out the window brick"

Funny thing is the dam ATV3000 has been a little trooper when it comes to flashing things.
But mind you, I only stayed with Pivo's builds.. so what does that tell you.
Only good good can come of being supported by those chaps ;-)

Here's a sequence of events to others know what NOT TO DO...

A few more details on my ATV1200 leading up to being stuck on the "Green Android Man screen"

1: upgraded to android 4.1 to 4.2 demo version
2: Booted fine, system ok.
3: installed XBMC - Pivos version
4: installed Addons to XBMC - Watched some some short movies to see it working, a bit of music, then let it run the box over night to load in Media data from Synology NAS. (Which is a normal operation I do on upgrades)

5: Morning... the box was locked up, - so I shut it down.
6: Evening.. tried to reboot - boot in to "Green Android Man" screen

7: Tried re-set - no response
8: Tried to load MyGica upgrade.img via the re-set but no response - only boots to "Green Android Man"

So now me and the Green man get to stare at each other for a few more days until I know if it can be fixed..
Can you be sure it was the 4.2 demo build though? i.e. it could have done the same thing had you stayed on 4.1? Hopefully it's not some kind of hardware failure i.e. it gets too hot if left on too long and this causes some failure. Have you asked on xda? They might know more on the flashing side of things.
How do I remove Air Mouse cursor in XBMC?

Just received an Air Mouse for use with XBMC, the problem is when I start XBMC the mouse cursor stays onscreen, I just want to use the remote functions for XBMC.

Im using the 20130506 firmware and the latest pre 12.2 Pivos nightly.

Thanks
(2013-07-03, 09:37)dgcruzing Wrote: Still waiting on some sort of advice from Geniatech on Flashing a new recovery.

Hoping its not going to go from a soft brick to a "I am going to through it out the window brick"

Funny thing is the dam ATV3000 has been a little trooper when it comes to flashing things.
But mind you, I only stayed with Pivo's builds.. so what does that tell you.
Only good good can come of being supported by those chaps ;-)

Here's a sequence of events to others know what NOT TO DO...

A few more details on my ATV1200 leading up to being stuck on the "Green Android Man screen"

1: upgraded to android 4.1 to 4.2 demo version
2: Booted fine, system ok.
3: installed XBMC - Pivos version
4: installed Addons to XBMC - Watched some some short movies to see it working, a bit of music, then let it run the box over night to load in Media data from Synology NAS. (Which is a normal operation I do on upgrades)

5: Morning... the box was locked up, - so I shut it down.
6: Evening.. tried to reboot - boot in to "Green Android Man" screen

7: Tried re-set - no response
8: Tried to load MyGica upgrade.img via the re-set but no response - only boots to "Green Android Man"

So now me and the Green man get to stare at each other for a few more days until I know if it can be fixed..
You need to make a bootable SD card. http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic...p=23224991 Russian, sorry.
(2013-07-03, 17:00)4grom Wrote: You need to make a bootable SD card. http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic...p=23224991 Russian, sorry.

That could be what I need,
Geniatech has sent me a recovery.img and I tried last night but last it wouldn't do as per their instructions.
So I will give it another go tonight.

Thanks for that info, I was Goggling the Russian sites for some info but didn't come up with that link.
I also see we have a USB->TTL cable port that I think can be used to do a hard flash from the computer, As per this link and I think it can be connected to as per the the ATV3000 USB-OTG port.

ATV1200 port

ATV3000 port

Really.. thanks for the link.. that site is a gold mine of info for us.
Best book mark it for future reference as even they are saying not to upgrade in to this firmware as yet.
looks like I have a project over the weekend to do.
Hey guys, I have been reading this thread and there's a lot of information to adsorb and for someone who is not familiar with these media centres it can be pretty daunting.

So I was wondering would you guys recommend this box for someone who never used XBMC before and what is the general consensus here in regards to the recommended software setup for this box? It is difficult to keep track of all different software combinations that has been posted, so what works best?
that's not a USB-OTG port, it's a 3.3V TTL serial connect to the console.
(2013-07-04, 04:37)davilla Wrote: that's not a USB-OTG port, it's a 3.3V TTL serial connect to the console.

Yes, found it..
USB->TTL cable
http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=174

And just to throw something in to the mix..
http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=263
and if you didn't catch thier link form a month ago..
Nice looking box with support

which of course is no good to me as I still have to bring mine back from the dreaded soft brick stage.

Edit: Geniatech supplied me with the recovery.img and I am back in business..
Hi, I'm interested in buying ATV1200 in order to replace my current HTPC configuration. One think that is crucial to me - the analog sound quality. I have to connect android box to my analog stereo hardware - so the analog sound output must be good enough to listen to my music collection in flac. Can you describe me how to sound quality is ?
(2013-06-25, 17:35)dual_HD Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 13:03)dgcruzing Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 12:09)gboijhpok Wrote: -------

Here is a patch which fixed this problem.

update_Ethernet_patch_20130625

Copy to SD card or USB disk, connect to the box and run Upgrade app, select local update option and find the patch file to upgrade.

Note: make sure your current firmware is Geniatech 20130506 http://www.geniatech.com/news/mx-box-and...rading.asp
or later version, if your firmware is a custimzed version, just make sure the uboot version is 20130510 or later version.

Great, glad they are monitoring the threads and fixing what should have been fixed a long time ago..
Understanding they are marrying together a bunch of new tech, but this has been a problem for older boxes too.
Like the way they are working.
Anyone has tried this patch ? I have been plague by this Ethernet drop packets problem the day I bought the box. Video playback over my NAS on the default player and Mxplayer freezes sometimes, and the Ethernet connection goes down and can only be recovered after a reset.

The patch made the problem worse - now video playback freezes within the first 5 mins, compared to 30+ mins previously. I have tried reloading the firmware, but to now avail. Mygica support is unresponsive and hardly useful.

Help !!!
(2013-07-04, 14:57)tiger18 Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 13:03)dgcruzing Wrote: Great, glad they are monitoring the threads and fixing what should have been fixed a long time ago..
Understanding they are marrying together a bunch of new tech, but this has been a problem for older boxes too.
Anyone has tried this patch ? I have been plague by this Ethernet drop packets problem the day I bought the box. Video playback over my NAS on the default player and Mxplayer freezes sometimes, and the Ethernet connection goes down and can only be recovered after a reset.

The patch made the problem worse - now video playback freezes within the first 5 mins, compared to 30+ mins previously. I have tried reloading the firmware, but to now avail. Mygica support is unresponsive and hardly useful.

Help !!!

I think the Ethernet Patch was implemented on the newest (non 4.2) firmware from Geniatech:

http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androi...130510.zip
http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androi...130506.zip

Also, I am currently using XAF Custom XBMC build with MX as external player and it works great so far... No video, sound or add-on issues. More info: http://www.xbmcandroid.com/2013/05/04/fi...id-is-out/
eee.. not out of the woods yet with this thing..
I have the 0.00B internal storage bug..
The Recovery they sent me got me in to it..
and was able to flash the 4.2.2 and boot again but couldn't downgrade..
So had a look to internal and there she is.. 0 available..

I got some info from "MyGeeka" at this post..
http://androidforums.com/5575844-post2144.html

Looks like a few more hours mucking round with this thing over the weekend.
(2013-07-04, 14:57)tiger18 Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 13:03)dgcruzing Wrote: Great, glad they are monitoring the threads and fixing what should have been fixed a long time ago..

Help !!!

The patch is working for me. I used to get video playback freezing 10-15 minutes into a video and after applying the patch it seems to be much more stable. I haven't had a drop since.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17