• 158(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-07-05, 21:23)Koloss Wrote: I want to know what is the difference? I do start the same movie!

Probably searching for external subtitle files. The more files in the directory, the longer it takes.
Can i deactivate this? I never use external subtitles files.
Quick Question: Anyone using rbej Gotham builds booting from nfs?
(2013-07-05, 22:36)Johnkg Wrote: Quick Question: Anyone using rbej Gotham builds booting from nfs?

You mean boot=nfs or just disk=nfs? I booted with disk=nfs (with boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1) and had no problems, although the rbej Gotham build did create a swap file which can't then be used so is a total waste of time and storage - there needs to be a way to manually disable swap, or just detect the filesystem is remote and automatically disable swap.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Been absolutely ages since i updated my pi and decided to do a clean install. Has anyone got a "recommended" advancedsettings.xml for latest frodo build please?
(2013-07-05, 22:42)Arogantis Wrote: Been absolutely ages since i updated my pi and decided to do a clean install. Has anyone got a "recommended" advancedsettings.xml for latest frodo build please?

I still reckon that "recommended" settings should be part of the build (in /usr/share/xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml) and the user should rarely if ever need to add their own settings (except for stuff like MySQL etc.). This would also make switching between different versions a lot easier/less error prone.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-07-05, 22:41)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-07-05, 22:36)Johnkg Wrote: Quick Question: Anyone using rbej Gotham builds booting from nfs?

You mean boot=nfs or just disk=nfs? I booted with disk=nfs (with boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1) and had no problems, although the rbej Gotham build did create a swap file which can't then be used so is a total waste of time and storage - there needs to be a way to manually disable swap, or just detect the filesystem is remote and automatically disable swap.

Thanks,

I've got boot=NFS=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/rpi. in my cmdline.txt

I could never get it to work with rbej's builds, works fine with openelec dev builds though.
@Arogantis: I think Milhouse is right. I personally only change the rendering resolution to 900p, as rbej recommended in older posts for 256 MB RPi:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<advancedsettings>
<lookandfeel>
<guires>900</guires>
</lookandfeel>
</advancedsettings>
(2013-07-05, 21:48)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-07-05, 21:23)Koloss Wrote: I want to know what is the difference? I do start the same movie!

Probably searching for external subtitle files. The more files in the directory, the longer it takes.

I have not find a option for deactivate this.
Can you make a option in openelec settings? I will deactivate to find external subtitles in folder!
You cant. This option dont exist. You must live with 2 second longer "bug".

(2013-07-05, 23:31)Johnkg Wrote:
(2013-07-05, 22:41)MilhouseVH Wrote:

Thanks,

I've got boot=NFS=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/rpi. in my cmdline.txt

I could never get it to work with rbej's builds, works fine with openelec dev builds though.

Can't really help much since I am on holiday and I have no access to my rpi.

I have both disk and boot on nfs shares and I am running one of the latest rbej's releases, so I would say there is no problem there.

M
(2013-07-06, 11:11)rbej Wrote: You cant. This option dont exist. You must live with 2 second longer "bug".

When i set the alternative subtitles are on empty flashdrive folder, its the same problem!
(2013-07-06, 13:10)mcarni Wrote: Can't really help much since I am on holiday and I have no access to my rpi.

I have both disk and boot on nfs shares and I am running one of the latest rbej's releases, so I would say there is no problem there.

M

Thanks,

In that case I'll give it a go and persevere!

edit: Got it working. All Good!
When I click Information, in 24p Video, I have 8 FPS, is this normal?
Yes. 8fps is GUI speed, not movie.

• 158(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12