• 3(current)
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
@ned Scott: it would be great if you could paste the application.log to pastebin and put a link here.
The CSS seems to load on all the other pages except the individual TV show pages. Movie pages look and work great.

http://pastebin.com/TEkUy1Cd
(2013-07-10, 20:38)Ned Scott Wrote: The CSS seems to load on all the other pages except the individual TV show pages. Movie pages look and work great.

http://pastebin.com/TEkUy1Cd

Thanks for the log! There were quite a lot of errors about missing genres, I assume the genre dropdown list in the movie filter is empty for you? I've added some additional logging to that part of the code so if you could do a git pull and go to Movies -> Browse then upload a new application.log it would be great!

There was also an exception that usually happens when you try to show details for a movie that doesn't exist (e.g. by changing the ID in the URL to something bogus). Could you elaborate on how you got that message? If the movie doesn't exist it shouldn't be visible in the movie grid at all so I'm kind of at a loss as to how you got that error.

Regarding the show page there wasn't anything about it in the logs. Could you try clearing your browser cache and then try again? If that doesn't help it would be very kind if you could open up the Network tab in Google Chrome's Developer Tools (press Ctrl + Shift + I) and post a screenshot if any of the lines there are red.
Those errors seem to be from when no movies were scanned into the XBMC library for that box.

I'm away from my laptop at the moment, but I will get that additional info for ya.
@ned Scott: thanks for pointing that out, I'll have to install a clean copy of XBMC in a VM so I can handle that situation properly (although it's not exactly a usual scenario).

Edit: turns out there wasn't really that much to it, now empty libraries are handled correctly.
Great Efforts here, thank you.

i am receiving this error -
CDbException
The table "backend" for active record class "Backend" cannot be found in the database.

This happens once i try to logon as admin/admin

and - everytime i attempt to follow your instructions i get to "./src/protected/yiic createinitialdatabase" - which then replies with access denied - i then run chmod a+x and rerun the command but the db isnt created until i attempt a logon. Only then is it an empty database. what gives?
@discinabq: crap, I may have screwed up the order of some of those commands recently. Try:

1. rm src/protected/data/*.db
2. chmod 777 src/protected/data
3. ./src/protected/yiic createinitialdatabase
@negge: i have tried the above and when i run "./src/protected/yiic createinitialdatabase " nothing is created in /data - it is 777 on the folder. The only way something with .db is created in that folder is after i try to logon initially.
That is very odd. Does the createinitialdatabase command say anything at all?
It's says nothing at all. Any advise would help. I have tried two separate installs of Ubuntu and debian
@discinabq: Run "git pull" now and then the createinitialdatabase command again, it should work now. There was a stupid error in the command's code which made it do nothing. I also changed the executable bit on that script so now the instructions should be totally correct (I've done the installation a few times now in a VM). Sorry for the screwup, hope you get the whole thing running!
Good news everyone, the application can now be installed on Windows without too much hassle. Please follow the instructions at https://github.com/Jalle19/xbmc-video-se...md#windows to install it. I've updated the first post to reflect this too.
Just added the ability to filter the list of TV shows too (albeit with fewer options than the movie filter).

@ned Scott: could you do a git pull and try the latest revision? I may have found the issue you were having with the show page (if an episode is not available on the harddrive the whole page failed).
Ok, thank you - that got me up and running. Now when i click watch to stream a video - the first 5 seconds play in VLC then the stream shuts off. This seems to happen on .avi's and .mkv's

A few thoughts:

1: embedded html5 player option? for mp4
2: eventual xbmc plugin (would really be nice).
(2013-07-12, 15:20)discinabq Wrote: Ok, thank you - that got me up and running. Now when i click watch to stream a video - the first 5 seconds play in VLC then the stream shuts off. This seems to happen on .avi's and .mkv's

A few thoughts:

1: embedded html5 player option? for mp4
2: eventual xbmc plugin (would really be nice).

That's odd, I haven't experienced that issue at all. Can you download a file without problems (use the download links instead of the watch button)?

Regarding your points, I was thinking about an in-browser player too but I think it would be useless on most media files since most people use MKV and browser support for h.264 isn't that good last time I checked.

Regarding point #2, what XBMC really needs is a way to connect to a remote library, but that is no simple task to accomplish.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9