• 3(current)
OUYA users: read this!
(2013-07-13, 10:58)epoke Wrote:
(2013-07-12, 20:10)FiberGorilla Wrote: Ah sorry, that app I meant. When it is installed it shows "BOOT".

Anyway it doesn't work at my OUYA. Can you please test it if it works at yours OUYA?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Yes it works. When power on, Ouya startup screen and sound, launcher screen showing briefly, and XBMC starts automatically. I can see XBMC screen in 10 seconds.
Unfortunately, my bluetooth remote/keyboard does not connet automatically when auto start XBMC. Manually connecting bluetooth remote cause crashing XBMC. Very annoying..

Added issue (thanks for finding the bug) and to avoid this issue, try and use an XBMC remote (Official, Yatse, etc...); when mine auto started I was able to control it no problem with phone and tablet and it didn't close out.

(2013-07-13, 23:01)kees667 Wrote: Thanks for updating the wiki.

Perhaps good to post the main issues? I can't play DVD ISO or vob/ifo if they have a menu. Found it elsewhere. Pretty old format but widely used.

Added, thanks.
Skins that work on standard TV 4:3 resolution would make XMBC useful for me on the ouya, I've tried skin.aeon.nox.sdtv but says dependencies are not met, and the older Standard.TV_Release_3.1 I have found apparently doesn't have the right structure.
Has anyone with an Ouya tried the latest (July 14) XBMC stagefright build? I'm wondering how it compares to Alpha1?
if im correct you can install it alongside right?

Update: it will install over the old one but keeps settings. Runs fine so far and I can now play DVD vob/ifo
Is there an easy way to see info when playing, dropped frames, audio video stats? On my openelec box it is mapped to my real remote but can't seem to find out if I can do it with the controller or xbmcremote app. No extra keyboard here. Would make testing easier.
(2013-07-15, 21:36)kees667 Wrote: Is there an easy way to see info when playing, dropped frames, audio video stats? On my openelec box it is mapped to my real remote but can't seem to find out if I can do it with the controller or xbmcremote app. No extra keyboard here. Would make testing easier.

If you have the Yatse remote you can just press the menu button (i'd assume it'd be the middle button on the ouya remote, check later).
Has anyone tried to use a USB Infared receiver yet? I have a Harmony 880 remote that I would love to use with XBMC, but it's not bluetooth. I know when I set up my parents Raspberry Pi, I bought this for them - http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY%C2%AE-Windo...wmc+remote - and the IR Receiver that came with that allowed me to use the Harmony 880 that they have to control XBMC. Would that be possible with the OUYA as well?

(2013-07-15, 21:36)kees667 Wrote: Is there an easy way to see info when playing, dropped frames, audio video stats? On my openelec box it is mapped to my real remote but can't seem to find out if I can do it with the controller or xbmcremote app. No extra keyboard here. Would make testing easier.

I noticed when I turned on debugging in the settings menu that this info came up, however I didn't try playing a video at the time. Try that, it will probably give you what you are looking for, even if you can't necessarily toggle it quickly.
(2013-07-16, 07:26)Blazed Monkey Wrote: Has anyone tried to use a USB Infared receiver yet?

I have: It works. Mostly.

I'm using this one: "GMYLE Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver"
It presents itself as a regular keyboard to the ouya, so any remote button presses look like a keyboard press.

It works perfectly in XBMC under Windows. It mostly works on the ouya: The only problem (which is fairly major), is that the Ouya itself has a messed up definition for the 'backspace' key... backspace on a USB keyboard (and MCE remote) maps to the 'delete' key. which means that you can NOT press the 'back' button on the remote to go to the previous page or navigate around, instead it thinks you hit delete and asks for permission to delete the currently highlighted movie.

Bit of a deal breaker -- hopefully XBMC will address that ouya flaw in the future...
(2013-07-16, 11:48)Ouyeah Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 07:26)Blazed Monkey Wrote: Has anyone tried to use a USB Infared receiver yet?

I'm using this one: "GMYLE Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver"
It presents itself as a regular keyboard to the ouya, so any remote button presses look like a keyboard press.

It works perfectly in XBMC under Windows. It mostly works on the ouya: The only problem (which is fairly major), is that the Ouya itself has a messed up definition for the 'backspace' key... backspace on a USB keyboard (and MCE remote) maps to the 'delete' key. which means that you can NOT press the 'back' button on the remote to go to the previous page or navigate around, instead it thinks you hit delete and asks for permission to delete the currently highlighted movie.

Bit of a deal breaker -- hopefully XBMC will address that ouya flaw in the future...

this problem with backspace (and shift and escape) is a problem on any android machine ive tried and is really starting to annoy me Big Grin all the time and effort thats gone into geting xbmc on android and this fairly simply bit of programming seems to be being left till last.

wish i could do it myself, and i know i shouldn't complain. i love xbmc, im just itching to get these things sorted on android so that its usable for wife, kids, and friends etc.
(2013-07-16, 21:48)thebearnecessit Wrote:

this problem with backspace (and shift and escape) is a problem on any android machine ive tried and is really starting to annoy me Big Grin all the time and effort thats gone into geting xbmc on android and this fairly simply bit of programming seems to be being left till last.

wish i could do it myself, and i know i shouldn't complain. i love xbmc, im just itching to get these things sorted on android so that its usable for wife, kids, and friends etc.
And me, don't forget me.Tongue

(2013-07-16, 21:48)thebearnecessit Wrote:

And me, don't forget me.Tongue
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
(2013-07-16, 11:48)Ouyeah Wrote: I have: It works. Mostly.

You can use Backspace on USB/Bluetooth keyboard as Back command in XBMC.
Just add modified keyboard.xml in XBMC userdata folder.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...yboard.xml
XBMC Korean User Group
http://xbmc-korea.com
Does dvd play fluent for you guys? Hard to say exactly but it doesnt look fully smooth, the occasional frame blinks and i see some stuttering. It is watcheable but it is not Relaxed to look at. Easily noticeable in panning shots (I know panning is never fluent unless you let your tv do tricks but it looks worse and easy to tell here) Looks like it small stutters in a fixed rhythm. Could also be interlacing or upscaling. Now all set to auto, is that the recommended setting? Will test some more.
Has anyone notice any difference since today's Ouya firmware update?

My XBMC as not been able to read any smb file properly since the update. It buffers way more slowly, and very often. I tried with two different movies, and they both struggle quite a lot.

My popcornhour has no problem, reading from same smb share. I rebooted both my PC and my Ouya, still same problem. I used wifi, and wired lan connection, same problem in any of those cases...

EDIT : well tried other files, they work OK. Try one last one, that one fails to work alright. I don't know what gives. Everything seems to be similar encoding bitrate etc...
According to the official sources:

UPDATE - looks like this was a very minor update. See official note from Piers below:
Update to 1.0.365 fixes the issue with the game/app details page sometimes not loading correctly.
(2013-07-18, 04:11)Alchete Wrote: According to the official sources:

UPDATE - looks like this was a very minor update. See official note from Piers below:
Update to 1.0.365 fixes the issue with the game/app details page sometimes not loading correctly.

Thanks! I'm guessing it has something to do with the files i'm trying to load. Tried quite a few and only some are troublesome.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OUYA users: read this!2