• 164(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-07-16, 14:01)rbej Wrote: Updated Frodo Branch

- updated firmware and kernel (3.10.1)

- updated FFmpeg (1.2.1)

- new clock for OmxPlayer (adopted from Gotham). THX Popcornmix!!.

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

Live tv is stalling when i acess pvr menys.
Never had this issue before
(2013-07-15, 17:32)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-07-14, 15:30)Johnkg Wrote: Same problem here with Gotham build

Restarts xbmc after selecting Pictures

debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36832

can you try moving all pictures out of nfs://192.168.1.2/Pictures, and adding then back in to see if a particular picture is provoking the crash?
If so, then posting a link to a sample picture that crashes may be helpful.

Had a play. It's having 'Automatically Generate Thumbnails' set to ON that kills it. Setting this OFF makes all OK.
Updated Frodo Branch

- updated firmware

- updated PVR addons

- DTS speed up decoding

Quote:Had a play. It's having 'Automatically Generate Thumbnails' set to ON that kills it. Setting this OFF makes all OK.
That worked Cool

noticed omxplayer improvments, startup and exit are really nice.
i only had to setup AVsync for liveTV, but maybe it a fine adjustment for my setup.
Timeserver also do his job
In many movies i have artifacts on picture in first few seconds after start playing. After few seconds picture is ok. Tested on Frodo with backported new clock.

In Gotham and Frodo (backported new clock) sometimes when playing online movies i dont have audio. When i stop movie and play again audio is back, but sometimes not. All this movie have acc 44khz audio track.

Could anyone please explain whether I should just concentrate on Gotham now or if there's some important advantages to using Frodo instead?

EDIT: Also, can I just update from Frodo to Gotham in the usual way by putting the files in Update and copying the new advancedsettings.xml over, or do I have to do something else?
(2013-07-17, 13:37)doveman2 Wrote: Could anyone please explain whether I should just concentrate on Gotham now or if there's some important advantages to using Frodo instead?

Some skins and plugins haven't been updated for Gotham. If you require them, then you must stick to Frodo. If you don't require them, then I'd recommend Gotham,

(2013-07-17, 13:37)doveman2 Wrote: EDIT: Also, can I just update from Frodo to Gotham in the usual way by putting the files in Update and copying the new advancedsettings.xml over, or do I have to do something else?

It should be fine. The only issue is whether anything in the userdata folder has changed. At some point the database version for videos/music will likely change (but it hasn't yet).
Also there could be guisettings.xml/advancedsettings.xml changes.

If you want to be completely safe, then move the userdata folder somewhere safe when switching and start from a clean point.
Put the userdata folder back if you want to switch back.
(2013-07-17, 14:08)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-07-17, 13:37)doveman2 Wrote: Could anyone please explain whether I should just concentrate on Gotham now or if there's some important advantages to using Frodo instead?

Some skins and plugins haven't been updated for Gotham. If you require them, then you must stick to Frodo. If you don't require them, then I'd recommend Gotham,

(2013-07-17, 13:37)doveman2 Wrote: EDIT: Also, can I just update from Frodo to Gotham in the usual way by putting the files in Update and copying the new advancedsettings.xml over, or do I have to do something else?

It should be fine. The only issue is whether anything in the userdata folder has changed. At some point the database version for videos/music will likely change (but it hasn't yet).
Also there could be guisettings.xml/advancedsettings.xml changes.

If you want to be completely safe, then move the userdata folder somewhere safe when switching and start from a clean point.
Put the userdata folder back if you want to switch back.

Thanks. I can probably do without any skins or plugins that haven't been updated for now, so I'll go with Gotham for the improvements.

I'll actually be using a shared MySQL database on my PC, so any changes to the database shouldn't be a problem. I assume I need to run Gotham on the PC as well though, to ensure there aren't any issues with the database?

I'll double-check the .xml files manually to spot any differences and will backup the userdata folder as you suggest.
(2013-07-17, 14:18)doveman2 Wrote: I'll actually be using a shared MySQL database on my PC, so any changes to the database shouldn't be a problem. I assume I need to run Gotham on the PC as well though, to ensure there aren't any issues with the database?

When using shared MySQL it's always recommened that all clients are on the same version.
I believe you will get away with it at the moment as the database version hasn't been incremented for Gotham.
(2013-07-17, 14:40)popcornmix Wrote: When using shared MySQL it's always recommened that all clients are on the same version.
I believe you will get away with it at the moment as the database version hasn't been incremented for Gotham.

Thanks, that what I suspected but good to have you confirm Smile
(2013-07-16, 20:57)rbej Wrote: Updated Frodo Branch

- updated firmware

- updated PVR addons

- DTS speed up decoding

Holy smoke this is a good build. Coming from the 'official' testing release (3.1.3), after some serious testing on this build (Frodo-Branch 16.07.2013) I can confirm:

-Live TV Audio/Video Sync issues I experienced are gone (though recordings don't display the full length of the video; kinda like Eden used to do - MP Backend with MPEG2 recordings. Still play fine, just can't seek.)
-Starting a video is way, way faster
-Stopping a video is faster
-Rewind/FF is a tad crude but semi-functional
-Skipping through videos (left/right/up/down) is WAY faster: especially HD content
-Jumping to a time is WAY faster
-All my addons still work perfectly
-New OE Settings addon works as expected; except for the Bluetooth menu. Doesn't matter since the separate PS3D addon still works great with my PS3 BD Bluetooth remote regardless!

Haven't noticed any picture artifacts when starting a video so far.

I'm sticking with these builds for now: heck, I'm considering swapping my whole bedroom HTPC with a pi running this - I think the Mrs would manage just fine with it the way it is!

Thank you, rbej and popcornmix!
(2013-07-16, 17:51)Silo100 Wrote: Hi,

Yet again, wanted to say thanks for the build.

But as others have asked before, is it possible to get access to your changes?

Some of us would like to help OpenELEC and XBMC along, but without knowing what you've changed, it's kind of difficult.

Just thinking of the Open Source Principles...

Cheers Anyway

+1

It would be really helpful if you could document your build process, or even better, use a git repository to share your build scripts.

This would help greatly when triaging bugs that don't exist in your builds, but do in other "stock" builds. Otherwise your builds are just binary blobs, and though useful in experiencing where things are headed, they're not much use in feeding information upstream/downstream due to the lack of transparency in the build process.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-07-18, 05:00)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 17:51)Silo100 Wrote: But as others have asked before, is it possible to get access to your changes?

Some of us would like to help OpenELEC and XBMC along, but without knowing what you've changed, it's kind of difficult.

Just thinking of the Open Source Principles...
+1

It would be really helpful if you could document your build process, or even better, use a git repository to share your build scripts.

This would help greatly when triaging bugs that don't exist in your builds, but do in other "stock" builds. Otherwise your builds are just binary blobs, and though useful in experiencing where things are headed, they're not much use in feeding information upstream/downstream due to the lack of transparency in the build process.
Fully agreed given it doesn't put too much strain/headache for Rbej - I'm sure given a bit of visibility the process can be streamlined to create more variations to further the debug process.
aren´t recent chances of omxplayer available at popcornmix git ?
(2013-07-16, 09:52)delinend Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 02:03)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-07-15, 20:35)delinend Wrote: Hmm.. I see/hear some libsync problems, on the OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Gotham-Branch(13.07.2013) build, when I playback DVD/ISO/MPEG-2 movies.

I have to speed-up audio (forward delay) for about +0.375sec. before audio (not tested DTS) and video is in sync.

Updated firmware with audio sync fix here:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/...f883ed980a
(you can download start.elf and fixup.dat and update the ones on sdcard).

Thanks Popcornmix. But this did not Work for me.Rolleyes

I allso se the problem on OpenELEC Frodo official 3.0.6

I only see the problem, on my large LG television with HDMI, and not on my PC monitor Dell allso with HDMI (same Raspberry box).

I always set "Deinterlace video" to "Auto" and Default to all movies, and if I set it to "OFF", then there is no libsync problems at all Huh

The problem is not on all movies. So maybe it have something to do, with audio bitrate ?

Btw. my "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" is set to "Always".

PS: I'll make a video sample to you.

Best regards

The problem is most likely lag on your tv if you have many image processing settings on or the automatic ones it does according to the source. 375ms is a lot though.
  • 164(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12