• 165(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-07-16, 09:52)delinend Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 02:03)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-07-15, 20:35)delinend Wrote: Hmm.. I see/hear some libsync problems, on the OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Gotham-Branch(13.07.2013) build, when I playback DVD/ISO/MPEG-2 movies.

I have to speed-up audio (forward delay) for about +0.375sec. before audio (not tested DTS) and video is in sync.

Updated firmware with audio sync fix here:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/...f883ed980a
(you can download start.elf and fixup.dat and update the ones on sdcard).

Thanks Popcornmix. But this did not Work for me.Rolleyes

I allso se the problem on OpenELEC Frodo official 3.0.6

I only see the problem, on my large LG television with HDMI, and not on my PC monitor Dell allso with HDMI (same Raspberry box).

I always set "Deinterlace video" to "Auto" and Default to all movies, and if I set it to "OFF", then there is no libsync problems at all Huh

The problem is not on all movies. So maybe it have something to do, with audio bitrate ?

Btw. my "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" is set to "Always".

PS: I'll make a video sample to you.

Best regards

The problem is most likely lag on your tv if you have many image processing settings on or the automatic ones it does according to the source. 375ms is a lot though.
(2013-07-18, 12:56)tuxen Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 09:52)delinend Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 02:03)popcornmix Wrote: Updated firmware with audio sync fix here:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/...f883ed980a
(you can download start.elf and fixup.dat and update the ones on sdcard).

Thanks Popcornmix. But this did not Work for me.Rolleyes

I allso se the problem on OpenELEC Frodo official 3.0.6

I only see the problem, on my large LG television with HDMI, and not on my PC monitor Dell allso with HDMI (same Raspberry box).

I always set "Deinterlace video" to "Auto" and Default to all movies, and if I set it to "OFF", then there is no libsync problems at all Huh

The problem is not on all movies. So maybe it have something to do, with audio bitrate ?

Btw. my "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" is set to "Always".

PS: I'll make a video sample to you.

Best regards

The problem is most likely lag on your tv if you have many image processing settings on or the automatic ones it does according to the source. 375ms is a lot though.

Hi Tuxen.

Just tryed it, on a Samsung 52", and I see the same problem Huh
Also tryed to disable all auto Picture processing stuffs.. But no.
(2013-07-18, 12:20)Trickname Wrote: aren´t recent chances of omxplayer available at popcornmix git ?

I believe rbej is using more than just the omxplayer patches from popcornmix - there are also patches for ffpmpeg, plus xbmc itself, and without knowing the specific combinations of these patches it's impossible to know (or determine) what patch fixes which problem.

I can build stock OpenELEC, I can also build a version of OpenELEC with my own ad-hoc collection of non-standard patches, but it's impossible to build an rbej version of OpenELEC without knowing what goes into it, and nobody other than rbej has this information. Maybe this is intentional, but it severely limits the value of his builds and efforts.

This request is not an effort to supplant rbej as supplier of these builds, it's simply a request to have more visibility of the build process so that others can assist with debugging and feed useful information to the other developers. Without increased visibility, rbej builds are just black boxes/binary blobs. Interesting, but not as useful as they could be.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
all last changes works awesome.
never thougt pi could be that strong !!
Tested OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Frodo-Branch(16.07.2013).

I see many problems.
* NTP
* Subtitels missing on chapter shift.
* "Resume from x:xx:xx" not always Work.
* System Halt sometime.

I stay at the Gotham build, that Work great :-)
Hi all,

just wondering:

I am running XBMC 12.2 "Frodo" and its working fine on the Rassberry Pi.

What changes would I see if I upgraded to one of the latest test builds and is it worth it or should I leave what isn't broke, alone?

Thanks!
(2013-07-19, 13:32)Tander Wrote: Hi all,

just wondering:

I am running XBMC 12.2 "Frodo" and its working fine on the Rassberry Pi.

What changes would I see if I upgraded to one of the latest test builds and is it worth it or should I leave what isn't broke, alone?

Thanks!

The performance is improved. Why not try? Use a different sdcard (or backup the existing one), and you can always switch back if something doesn't work.
It's just resetting everything up again... Sad

I think I will just make a backup of the SD card and give it a try.

Where do I get the latest test build from?
(2013-07-19, 08:38)delinend Wrote: Tested OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Frodo-Branch(16.07.2013).

I see many problems.
* NTP
* Subtitels missing on chapter shift.
* "Resume from x:xx:xx" not always Work.
* System Halt sometime.

I stay at the Gotham build, that Work great :-)

I noticed an NTP issue even on the 3.1.x test builds; though just capture the default NTP servers on the Wired Connection's settings (0.pool.ntp.org, 1.pool.ntp.org and 2.pool.ntp.org) and it's sorted.

'Resume From' hasn't given me any issues (so far) and after leaving the pi on for a few days and using it quite regularly, I haven't seen a Halt (that might be a concern ;-)
I'm overclocking, but not overvolting: are you doing an overvolt?

(2013-07-19, 13:32)Tander Wrote: I am running XBMC 12.2 "Frodo" and its working fine on the Rassberry Pi.

Some general performance improvements (thanks to a swap file), along with some serious improvements to video playback (new omxplayer) including even a basic fastforward/rewind implementation

That said, with any cutting-edge 'test' build, you'll be risking some bugs (and there are a couple, though nothing major I've found so far).

If it aint broke and you're happy as-is, perhaps leave it alone for now :-) For me, the dealbreaker was issues in the current 'official' builds with Live TV which is something I use frequently (and is sorted in these builds!)

But if you're feeling adventurous, back up your SD card and try them out. You can both upgrade to these builds and then downgrade back to stable using the 'Update' samba share quite easily.

(2013-07-19, 14:25)Tander Wrote: It's just resetting everything up again... Sad

You don't have to - just do an in-place Update. Make the backup of the SD card first, of course.

(2013-07-19, 14:25)Tander Wrote: Where do I get the latest test build from?

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej
My current issue with Live TV is this:

1.The video freezes after maybe an hour?
2. Audio goes out of sync a lot.

Do the newer builds help with this?

Thanks for the suggestions - will backup and give it a try this weekend.
(2013-07-19, 14:50)Tander Wrote: My current issue with Live TV is this:

1.The video freezes after maybe an hour?
2. Audio goes out of sync a lot.

Do the newer builds help with this?

Thanks for the suggestions - will backup and give it a try this weekend.

Both these issues were sorted for me on these builds - so you're a candidate!

The only issue is that I can't 'jump' to a time in a recording; I have to seek/fast forward.
(2013-07-19, 14:27)kreeturez Wrote:
(2013-07-19, 14:25)Tander Wrote: Where do I get the latest test build from?

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

Yes. Use the Gotham one. I believe the Gotham build still has old firmware which has audio sync issues.
You can download start.elf and fixup.dat and replace the ones on FAT partition to fix this:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/...aster/boot
Is the new firmware depending on the latest Xbmc builds? Cause i tried it on a older xbmc build from June and it didn't fix the sync issue.
(2013-07-19, 15:32)Jönke Wrote: Is the new firmware depending on the latest Xbmc builds? Cause i tried it on a older xbmc build from June and it didn't fix the sync issue.

The firmware update fixes a constant ~300ms offset for all files of a certain type.
Back in June there were other issues where audio sync would start okay, and get worse with time. You'll need a newer xbmc build to fix that problem.
So once I download the lastest build - do I need to change files to fix the sync or is it okay as is?
  • 165(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12