• 10(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I'll look into skin settings... could be font color...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Quote:I think you might just be expecting more then is possible... Let me explain. This mod is built on the already existing PseudoTV Framwork...
So naturally its governed by the rules set in the original code (not going to start from scratch and completely rewrite everything).

That being said EPG information is nothing more then a visual representation of a m3u playlist; A playlist that is created by PseudoTV.
So the LiveTV Mod parses the available XMLTV file and determans three things:

Was it on --- Is it on now --- Will it be on later

Now since LiveTV Can't play old shows, it ignores everything older then (now).
Takes whats on now and figures out if your tuning in late and corrects start time to account for your late tune in.
Then it populates future shows with the start and end time of the show.

Now since LiveTV Channels always reset and start at the top of the list on every load (to help keep it in sync).
On first launch it will always show the first shows start time as (now) and end time...
anything before (now) in the epg is garbage...
everything after (now) should be correct...

Hope this helps...

@Lunatixz

Thanks for the explanation. I just tried something that gave me an idea as to what my particular setup is doing. I loaded my Pseudo TV setup at 7:02, both of the live channels that I have been working with had programs starting at 7pm. When PTVL loaded it was already showing one of the feeds, this pushed my guide to starting right now; however, the other one was perfectly in sync. Once I changed to the other live channel PTVL adjusted the guide and move that particular program to start (throwing that channel off).

When I loaded it again 5 minutes later PTVL resumed where it generated the start time last, until I tuned to that channel.

Quote:Takes whats on now and figures out if your tuning in late and corrects start time to account for your late tune in.
Then it populates future shows with the start and end time of the show.

This makes sense! However, I have only seen it do this one time and that was my first load last night. The other times it has done this.

Big Brother and Celebrity swap would be adjusted to starting at load but still ending at their correct times at 8pm this would be a fix. I can't get it to do that though.

Is it possible to disable the time shifting or jump to feature in PTVL, that might be causing this issue? This would result in more of a cable feel such that you watch what is on right now?
(2013-07-22, 02:10)Lunatixz Wrote: I'll look into skin settings... could be font color...

I tried the psuedo tv plugin and it seems fine there. I'm using the default Confluence skin.
edit: nvm I think I figured it out
@blobdole , there is nothing in this program that will cause the problems u r having... Check your settings something is in error... Pretty sure your settings2 is messed up!
(2013-07-22, 04:48)Lunatixz Wrote: @blobdole , there is nothing in this program that will cause the problems u r having... Check your settings something is in error... Pretty sure your settings2 is messed up!

Well it is PTV that is causing that, like I said when I open the stream in xbmc by itself it works, but if it's loaded in PTV it will not play the correct channel.

Also my settings2 was in my last post, so how can that be messed up?
Looks like you were right luna, I was 100% sure it was PTV at fault, but turns out I was adding channels using the wrong start time... Image

Anyways, I was wondering if there is any way to remove the blank poster from live tv channels only? I've tried to remove the "poster.png" from the media folder but then PTV uses another default image which I can't seem to find the source folder of it.
(2013-07-22, 08:22)blobdole Wrote: Looks like you were right luna, I was 100% sure it was PTV at fault, but turns out I was adding channels using the wrong start time... Image

Anyways, I was wondering if there is any way to remove the blank poster from live tv channels only? I've tried to remove the "poster.png" from the media folder but then PTV uses another default image which I can't seem to find the source folder of it.

Skin improvements and fixes are low on list... I'll get to them...

(2013-07-22, 02:47)virgahyatt Wrote:
(2013-07-22, 02:10)Lunatixz Wrote: I'll look into skin settings... could be font color...

I tried the psuedo tv plugin and it seems fine there. I'm using the default Confluence skin.

Try latest git, let me know if you still have missing info

(2013-07-22, 02:17)XvMMvX Wrote: Is it possible to disable the time shifting or jump to feature in PTVL, that might be causing this issue? This would result in more of a cable feel such that you watch what is on right now?

not currently, and I really don't believe this is causing the syncing issue... if you try and load future shows it will lose sync, but left alone it stays in sync (at least on my end).
The main problem with epg syncing has to do with how ptv deals with channel changes or stops...since this is LiveTV there is nothing to stop... no last position...

Remember to run in realtime, and if you start to lose sync restart and it should resync.

I'm trying to track down the bugs with syncing, on my system its manageable. maybe loses sync by 10-15mins after six hours of viewing...
Lunatixz - just out of curiosity - what is your current XBMC setup like? What skin do you use?
(2013-07-22, 14:45)bry- Wrote: Lunatixz - just out of curiosity - what is your current XBMC setup like? What skin do you use?

Windows7 x64, XBMC 12.2 w/ Aeon Nox skin and some mods to fit my needs....
(2013-07-22, 14:56)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-07-22, 14:45)bry- Wrote: Lunatixz - just out of curiosity - what is your current XBMC setup like? What skin do you use?

Thanks. Will set that up on my testbox to try pseudotv live.
(2013-07-22, 15:14)bry- Wrote:
(2013-07-22, 14:56)Lunatixz Wrote:

are you having problems getting it to work?
(2013-07-22, 15:19)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-07-22, 15:14)bry- Wrote:
(2013-07-22, 14:56)Lunatixz Wrote: Windows7 x64, XBMC 12.2 w/ Aeon Nox skin and some mods to fit my needs....

are you having problems getting it to work?

No problems as I have not installed yet ... but as someone who has never used the original I would like to test on a secondary machine.
My EPG is doing the same thing it was on the last release where the EPG is fine at night. But when I load PTV in the morning, it's still showing the EPG from last night unless I close and re-open PTV.

It's not a huge deal, but is anyone else still having this issue or is it just me?
Newb Q: Is there a way to configure default channels like ABC, CBS etc.. that comes by default with PTV to work? Are they available Live as Inet channels?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45