• 13(current)
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.
(2013-07-16, 03:14)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-07-15, 20:51)leojay Wrote:
(2013-07-03, 23:20)jakks Wrote: Deano316 can I ask how you set up your Raw/Smackdown Episodes? I don't really want to rename them manually so looking for the fastest way

I rename them using the program "filebot", it supports the database tvrage which has an up to date episode listing of RAW, NXT, Smackdown and Impact.

I then use the program "mediaelch" which is used to make my .nfo's. It works perfectly.

I also use tv.com as a reference for Impact, as they have complete summaries of each episode.

How do you use MediaElch for nfo if it uses TVDB for creation?

Because if it can't find the episode in the TVDB it will just make an nfo using the information of the filename. I'm lazy and can't be bothered making the .nfo files myself Confused
(2013-07-16, 17:25)leojay Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 03:14)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-07-15, 20:51)leojay Wrote: I rename them using the program "filebot", it supports the database tvrage which has an up to date episode listing of RAW, NXT, Smackdown and Impact.

I then use the program "mediaelch" which is used to make my .nfo's. It works perfectly.

I also use tv.com as a reference for Impact, as they have complete summaries of each episode.

How do you use MediaElch for nfo if it uses TVDB for creation?

Because if it can't find the episode in the TVDB it will just make an nfo using the information of the filename. I'm lazy and can't be bothered making the .nfo files myself Confused

Ah...i didnt know it did that since i always had shows it could find Smile

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Thanks for the suggestions, just gonna test it all out before letting it run wild on my backlog
Hardware - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L 8TB / Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software - NZBget / Radarr / Sonarr / uTorrent / Plex / NZB 360

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
(2013-07-06, 12:42)Deano316 Wrote: If you scrape the PPVs as movies they should display correctly Wink

I don't get the movie method I guess. last i saw Deano was explaining how to lead them like a TV show. Are we loading them like movies now?

Would somebody who has this set up mind giving a one time run through here? I have read all 19 pages of this thread several times and I have been active in it since page 6, and yet there is still massive confusion. DeanO has been promising a new tutorial for over a year now, although i do understand he has gotten busy, it just doesn't seem like a priority anymore.

As stated in the past, i have named all my stuff as listed in the very first post. Seasons and episodes. I have scanned that in as a TV show, yet XBMC does not recognize it as a TV show name, so it doesn't add it to my TV section. File mode then starts showing all the fanart and posters I have acquired, however years are named things like "season27", and each PPV is named "S27E01". I have an S27E012.nfo file, that has the ppv's correct name, but it seems to ignore it. If I hit the info key it asks me to name the tv show so that it can go and scrape data for it.

Key questions:
1. why is it ignoring m y local nfo files
2. why does it not show up as a recognized TV show (which, if it did, it would presumably scrape the local files)
3. what scraper are you guys using to get this information?

edit:
I got it to show up as a tv show by scanning the parent folder, so that solves 1 problem. However, just because it loads as a TV Show now, it still refuses to scrape nfo files from tvdb for my ppv's, even though they are named in episodic format.
Ok so I added WWE Unforgiven (2006) to TMDB and Voila, works like a charm, muchly appreciated.

I have one more quick question, its really easy im sure.....

I have seperate playlists (and seperated menus for these) for Movies (Regular DVD or Blu Ray movies) 3D blu Ray, and 3D Imax. All work great with smart playlists, they each only show what they are suppose to show.

When I add my WWE PPV's files, and setup playlists, it shows in my seperate WWE menu section, nothing else does, BUT it ALSO shows in my regular Movies playlists as well, I dont want it to show there, ONLY in my WWE Playlist. Ive been back and forth with it numerous times, not sure what im missing. I got it to work for everything else but theres something im missing here....
I am intrigued by the movie playlist feature. Are you guys making a playlist for each season/year?
(2013-07-20, 00:51)baken1925 Wrote: Ok so I added WWE Unforgiven (2006) to TMDB and Voila, works like a charm, muchly appreciated.

I have one more quick question, its really easy im sure.....

I have seperate playlists (and seperated menus for these) for Movies (Regular DVD or Blu Ray movies) 3D blu Ray, and 3D Imax. All work great with smart playlists, they each only show what they are suppose to show.

When I add my WWE PPV's files, and setup playlists, it shows in my seperate WWE menu section, nothing else does, BUT it ALSO shows in my regular Movies playlists as well, I dont want it to show there, ONLY in my WWE Playlist. Ive been back and forth with it numerous times, not sure what im missing. I got it to work for everything else but theres something im missing here....

Just need to add a rule to exclude everything with 'WWE' in the title and they should stay out of your regular movies Smile

(2013-07-20, 01:44)exoscoriae Wrote: I am intrigued by the movie playlist feature. Are you guys making a playlist for each season/year?

The WWE PPVs have, for the most part, been split into per-year moviesets on tmdb. So when the're scraped into XBMC and then put into a smart playlist you can tell the playlist to look for every movieset with 'WWE' in the title for example, then it will have the PPVs all grouped into yearly sets like in the pics earlier in the thread.

Sorry to all about the delay on the tutorial, I was primarily waiting on the next update to Nox but it looks like it might be a while. Fear not though, one of you has kindly offered to put a tutorial together in my absence. I'm guessing it will be with you guys soon Big Grin
looking forward to a little direction on this. thanks guys.
watch gallery

If you're like me and feel like this will take a bit too much work to set up, above is an example of what you can do with the TV Show version of WWE PPV's. I've re-created the nfo's myself for the seasons shown and they are for WWF rather than WWE. If anyone would like copies of these nfo's send me a message and I can get them over to you.
Living Room | Openelec | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Man Room | Windows 7 x64 | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Roaming | iPad 2 | Re-Touched Skin
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the all lowercase nfo style. that said, I also went through and created all my own nfo's at one point for the tv mode. The issue, for me at least, is not the nfos - it is getting it to show up properly.

What skin are you using liquidtoon?

That is a clever idea to use posters for each "season" and have the year actually on the image. I had been racking my brain trying to get the season labels to appear properly, which isn't necessary at all if it is contained in the image. I would be very interested in getting a copy of the season images, or knowing where you got them if you didn't make them yourself.

The primary thing missing from your setup is fanart, which is a must for me. Especially later fan art which has a great representation of the match cards. It also seems to be lacking the PPV posters, which I think add a lot to the experience of browsing through (it evokes nostalgia seeing the old posters).

That said, while it is lacking some of the art that I really wish we could get displayed properly, it is a very clean setup. Several people have offered up their nfo files so far. I'd really like to see someone offer up a tutorial on how they got their ppv's displayed properly in the first place.
exoscoriae, I created the season posters myself and your welcome to have them.

The lowercase font on the nfo's is driven through the skin, which is reFocus BIG: reAlaska. The nfo's themselves are in Sentence case and I used the backs of the DVD/VHS covers to put them together for most of them.
Living Room | Openelec | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Man Room | Windows 7 x64 | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
awesome. well, in that case I would be quite interested in your nfo's and your cover art. If I can get them to scan properly in TV mode, then I should be able to use file mode to display them w/ fan art and then use the season posters you made to represent each season,

+1 for you!
(2013-07-22, 16:23)exoscoriae Wrote: awesome. well, in that case I would be quite interested in your nfo's and your cover art. If I can get them to scan properly in TV mode, then I should be able to use file mode to display them w/ fan art and then use the season posters you made to represent each season,

+1 for you!

Thanks! PM sent ;-)
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
(2013-07-22, 13:31)liquidtoon Wrote: If you're like me and feel like this will take a bit too much work to set up, above is an example of what you can do with the TV Show version of WWE PPV's. I've re-created the nfo's myself for the seasons shown and they are for WWF rather than WWE.

Great work there, glad you've got something that works for you Big Grin Did something similar with my posters.

watch gallery

Nothing new from me Confused Had these up for a while. Like the style of the posters you made, maybe you should put them up on tmdb along with mine to give everyone a bit more choice.

(2013-07-22, 13:55)exoscoriae Wrote: That is a clever idea to use posters for each "season" and have the year actually on the image. I had been racking my brain trying to get the season labels to appear properly, which isn't necessary at all if it is contained in the image. I would be very interested in getting a copy of the season images, or knowing where you got them if you didn't make them yourself.

The primary thing missing from your setup is fanart, which is a must for me. Especially later fan art which has a great representation of the match cards. It also seems to be lacking the PPV posters, which I think add a lot to the experience of browsing through (it evokes nostalgia seeing the old posters).

That said, while it is lacking some of the art that I really wish we could get displayed properly, it is a very clean setup. Several people have offered up their nfo files so far. I'd really like to see someone offer up a tutorial on how they got their ppv's displayed properly in the first place.

My setup (pictured below, pretty sure you've all seen these pics by now) doesn't have the matchcard anymore, just as close a representation as I can get of the original poster, or at the very least an era correct fanart. I use the movie extras add-on to finish my setup off, but it still has a few bugs and I didn't want to give you guys something unfinished. BUT........I've made you guys wait long enough, so if you still want a tutorial from me then let me know and I'll make some time tomorrow to put something together for you Wink

watch gallery
Well, there is no doubt that i am interested in a tutorial.

I'm ready to get the visuals locked in place on this thing so i can get back to processing all my PPV files.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.1