• 170(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-07-21, 16:16)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-07-21, 16:00)mcarni Wrote: r14131 from 24/06
if I haven't missed one it should be the latest and greatest gotham build form rbej

M

It appears there is no swap in that build (another reason for a public build process...)

+1 again Wink
Is this in the current Gotham builds?

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2265

I think it says it only works with Vsync disabled, so I'm not sure if I'd be better off using it or just using Vsync (assuming that works with composite output) but it might be better to limit the GUI to 20fps and leave Vsync off perhaps. Maybe doing so would help with the "busy spinner" problem as well as that would only be able to update 20fps?
How move my exists Openelec do usb-stick?
(2013-07-22, 10:10)Koloss Wrote: How move my exists Openelec do usb-stick?

Steps for Windows are here, MilhouseVH provides steps in Linux in the next post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1288945
I'm finding Weather is pegging the CPU at around 94%, even if there's no animation or scrolling happening. On some skins (SiO2) it goes this high just being on the Weather icon on Home, where there's no actual Weather info displayed anywhere, whereas on other skins (xTV-SAF) on Home, where it shows a strip of the weeks weather, it's only hovering around 65% but going into the main Weather screen it jumps to 95%+. Same with Confluence, although that doesn't show any Weather details on Home but still when opening Weather it jumps to 95%+
I can confirm that the CPU hits 90% (1GHz Pi, OE 3.1.3) when entering Weather on Confluence Modified, which could suggest the GUI is being hammered despite nothing moving on screen. Sad
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Test post
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Can someone link me to how the swap files works and what it does. I had a quick google but cant find much about it.
(2013-07-21, 15:51)MilhouseVH Wrote: Looks like swap isn't enabled in that particular build. Which build is this?

Swap on flash memory isn't quite smart, it's the most guaranteed way to kill it.
I can't believe there's an OpenELEC build with such feature.
(2013-07-22, 16:37)privado Wrote: Can someone link me to how the swap files works and what it does. I had a quick google but cant find much about it.
Analogous to a pagefile in Windows, swap files are used in Linux to swap data out of RAM. Necessary where you have limited RAM, not really needed on systems with lots of RAM except for suspend function where the data held in RAM is dumped into a swapfile. In some systems a whole partition is set aside for swap, though more commonly now just a file. Most Linux systems will by default do some swapping unless told otherwise (there is a value called swapiness that you set to a value between 0 (swap only as a last resort) to 100 (swap as aggressively as possible to preserve RAM).
Ubuntu Wiki on the subject here.
(2013-07-22, 17:24)dhead Wrote: Swap on flash memory isn't quite smart, it's the most guaranteed way to kill it.
I can't believe there's an OpenELEC build with such feature.

Swap on Flash has been a common feature on embedded devices for quite a while. Nokia (prior to their Microsoft conversion) were shipping Linux devices with swap enabled for many years, and I haven't heard of any problems. I don't see a problem myself, the wear levelling on most SD/USB memory should be sufficient even for swap usage.
(2013-07-20, 00:16)kataiba Wrote: I stream HD over over wifi from the internet using rbej Gotham build from 17.06. It's the only one that works very well. Hope it helps.
Rbej / Popcornmix
do you know why this happens? I tried all the latest Frodo and Gotham builds and I'm only able of streaming hd over wifi from my SMB share or internet with Gotham build 06/17. can't have a continuous playback on the other builds, it keeps buffering all the time, with or without advancedsettings.xml network config.
With this build I could stream a 720p/5.1 series episode with 2,5gb for an hour of continuous playback without stopping for buffering (did it from smb share and internet source, without advancedsettings.xml). It would be great if you know what's the difference in this build that allows this, and could insert it in newer builds.
I want to use the latest builds with its improvements and performances, but this ability is crucial to me...
Looking at the log I notice most of the advancedsettings are already set in system, so it looks like the only ones missing from the recommend list and which we need to put in userdata are:

<network>
<alwaysforcebuffer>0</alwaysforcebuffer>
<limitcacherate>false</limitcacherate>
</network>
<video>
<busydialogdelayms>750</busydialogdelayms>
</video>

I guess there's no harm in having the others duplicated in system and userdata though.

Sadly it seems that excludefromlisting only works for video and audio and

<pictures>
<excludefromlisting>
<regexp>[!-._ \\/](?-i)(flash|USB_16GB|SD2)[-._ \\/]</regexp> <!-- Hide the System and Storage folders on openelec -->
</excludefromlisting>
</pictures>

does nothing at all Sad
OK thanks for the info. I have my system set up with storage partition on a usb stick (cruzer fit). would I need to edit anything for swap file to to be set to that partition ? Im using 13/7 Rbej gotham build.
(2013-07-22, 14:44)MilhouseVH Wrote: I can confirm that the CPU hits 90% (1GHz Pi, OE 3.1.3) when entering Weather on Confluence Modified, which could suggest the GUI is being hammered despite nothing moving on screen. Sad

Where's the correct place to report bugs like this?

I'm also seeing higher CPU (77-87%) when video (mpeg2/ts) is paused and no better when the screen dims, than when it's actually playing (44-58%), which is a pain as if you have to go and do something else and pause the video, you'd like it to use minimal power while it's not doing anything. I can only guess this is because the pause OSD appears in the top-right and this triggers XBMC's issues with redrawing the screen. Strangely though, this problem doesn't happen if I bring up the timeline OSD whilst playing the video (slight increase from 45% to 54%), or even the full Now Plaiying OSD (still the same when I pause though, regardless of what's displayed at the time).
  • 170(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12