• 64(current)
Support Thread for libstagefright
(2013-07-24, 16:00)Ned Scott Wrote: Koying is making an unofficial v12.2 with libstagefright for OUYA.

But Martijn said xbmc 12.2 for android with libstagefright was not going to happen ... because ..

(2013-07-24, 14:54)Martijn Wrote: because coding issues. that simple.

Would the Ouya build work on other android devices too?
(2013-07-27, 08:56)joelbaby Wrote:
(2013-07-24, 16:00)Ned Scott Wrote: Koying is making an unofficial v12.2 with libstagefright for OUYA.

But Martijn said xbmc 12.2 for android with libstagefright was not going to happen ... because ..

it means that between 12.x and 13.x there are so many changes its like working on two completely different programs, thus it requires double the time, really little code can reused.
and there's only a single developer working on this, with time only for a single program.
so if you have to chose between the two branch which would you chose, the old one which will be dropped when the new one is ready or the newer one?

What Martijn said wasn't false. Team XBMC is not doing an official 12.2 build just for OUYA.

Koying is being contracted out specifically by OUYA to do an unofficial v12.2 build. Normally, this is not something the team would do because it just isn't practical, especially for volunteers. Since OUYA is contracting Koying, he can afford to work on any necessary backports and OUYA tweaks that might be needed. While it's not something Team XBMC does (since we're a non-profit), it is something we encourage companies to do, as it helps supports our developers, and has worked out nicely in the past. Plus, any tweaking that helps libstagefright will also go into XBMC v13.

Team XBMC also puts emphases on being unbiased, so Team resources for specific-brand work isn't something you'll typically see us do, if ever. While OUYA is a sponsor of Team XBMC and gave us a bunch of money, all Team XBMC sponsorships are seen as "no strings attached". The sponsor invests in Team XBMC in hopes that the general improvements to XBMC help them out, without any special favors being done just for them

It would probably be possible to use the OUYA build on other devices, since the necessary OUYA tweaks don't prevent XBMC from running on a normal Android device.
(2013-07-27, 11:42)Ned Scott Wrote: Koying is being contracted out specifically by OUYA to do an unofficial v12.2 build. Normally, this is not something the team would do because it just isn't practical, especially for volunteers.

It would probably be possible to use the OUYA build on other devices, since the necessary OUYA tweaks don't prevent XBMC from running on a normal Android device.

Thanks for the update Ned. The ouya looks very interesting and innovative.
(2013-07-27, 11:42)Ned Scott Wrote:

What Martijn said wasn't false. Team XBMC is not doing an official 12.2 build just for OUYA.

Koying is being contracted out specifically by OUYA to do an unofficial v12.2 build. Normally, this is not something the team would do because it just isn't practical, especially for volunteers. Since OUYA is contracting Koying, he can afford to work on any necessary backports and OUYA tweaks that might be needed. While it's not something Team XBMC does (since we're a non-profit), it is something we encourage companies to do, as it helps supports our developers, and has worked out nicely in the past. Plus, any tweaking that helps libstagefright will also go into XBMC v13.

Team XBMC also puts emphases on being unbiased, so Team resources for specific-brand work isn't something you'll typically see us do, if ever. While OUYA is a sponsor of Team XBMC and gave us a bunch of money, all Team XBMC sponsorships are seen as "no strings attached". The sponsor invests in Team XBMC in hopes that the general improvements to XBMC help them out, without any special favors being done just for them

Thanks for clearing this up. One last question, will the Ouya 12.2 build be delopped here, in this forum, or through ouya.com or another site? I expect there to be betas etc so might help out if I can. Maybe 12.2 ouya is available and stable earlier as it is focused on a single android device. Can't state enough how much I appreciate all te work.
(2013-07-27, 14:54)kees667 Wrote: Thanks for clearing this up. One last question, will the Ouya 12.2 build be delopped here, in this forum, or through ouya.com or another site? I expect there to be betas etc so might help out if I can. Maybe 12.2 ouya is available and stable earlier as it is focused on a single android device. Can't state enough how much I appreciate all te work.
The Ouya version of 12.2 (12.3 actually) will be unsupported here, as it will not be an official version.
Expect it in the ouya store in the next couple of weeks.

As for using it on other device, as Ned said, the specifics shouldn't prevent to do so. The apk self probably won't be readily available, though (unless Ouya decides to do so, which I doubt).
The sources will be available on Ouya's github, though, which will allow anyone to build it.
Well great, so we can expect a build in few weeks timeSmile
Will this be an alpha, beta or version built?

Is there any beta or alpha version out for this build? Do you mind posting the support thread for the 12.3 build if such one exists.

I rather follow a stable build.
using either alpha 1 or alpha 7 all my addons like appletrailers stutter really bad. Might be caused by the latest ouya update
(2013-07-27, 15:59)Koying Wrote:
(2013-07-27, 14:54)kees667 Wrote: Thanks for clearing this up. One last question, will the Ouya 12.2 build be delopped here, in this forum, or through ouya.com or another site? I expect there to be betas etc so might help out if I can. Maybe 12.2 ouya is available and stable earlier as it is focused on a single android device. Can't state enough how much I appreciate all te work.
The Ouya version of 12.2 (12.3 actually) will be unsupported here, as it will not be an official version.
Expect it in the ouya store in the next couple of weeks.

As for using it on other device, as Ned said, the specifics shouldn't prevent to do so. The apk self probably won't be readily available, though (unless Ouya decides to do so, which I doubt).
The sources will be available on Ouya's github, though, which will allow anyone to build it.

Thanks, sounds great. If you need any help testing playback let us/me know.
(2013-07-26, 09:31)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-07-26, 09:10)terminalmage Wrote: Just installed the 14/07 build and noticed that the option to "Clean library" is missing from Settings->Video. Haven't been able to find where this option was moved. Does anyone else know why it is missing? Sorry if this has been answered, I did a thread search and came up with nothing.

I even reverted back to the default (confluence) theme to make sure it wasn't just an issue with the theme I am using, and the "Clean library" option is still missing. Same goes for the "Export video library" and "Import video library" options.

press left in confluence skin while in settings area and change user level.

How would one do this on a tablet?
If you have confluence skin you'll see a small arrow on the left. Touch it perhaps? Swipe it? Not sure. Also not sure if the arrow is in every view, I think you must move to eg files or music.
I was using Re-Touched on my tablet, which doesn't have that arrow. Switching to Confluence worked as you described, thanks.
Well this has been working flawlessly for me on my Nexus 10 for a while now, but today I installed the Android 4.3 update and now the video output isn't working? Tried updating to the latest build from the Alpha 1 build and still the same. May have to try and grab the log? Any known issues with Android 4.3?
(2013-07-30, 10:11)Dougie085 Wrote: Well this has been working flawlessly for me on my Nexus 10 for a while now, but today I installed the Android 4.3 update and now the video output isn't working? Tried updating to the latest build from the Alpha 1 build and still the same. May have to try and grab the log? Any known issues with Android 4.3?

if you read a couple of post back or searched... yes
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Well it's a very long thread easy to miss something, but even reading back I still do not see anything about Android 4.3? All I see in the last few pages is lots of talk about Ouya and 12.2 or 12.3? Nothing about Android Jelly Bean 4.3. Even searching doesn't seem to give me much of anything other than what I posted.
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support Thread for libstagefright6