• 15(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Finally got this installed and it is working perfectly! I had to update my librtmp file but all is well. Thank you so much for moving this plugin to the next level!

I downloaded this Pre configured settings2.xml w/InternetTV sources. * Courtesy of Scilz but am only getting 2 channels. are there other settings2.xml files that have more setup?

Thanks again!
Ok well ive tried a complete xbmc reinstall w only ptv and scilz script and still crashes down my xbmc....

Im not sure what the hang up is so ill post both logs again in hopes of it being found for the reasoning....

Also replaced librtmp and it did nothing for ptvl
Id like to officially apologize to this thread for being a royal PITA!

But if anyone has xbmc frodo and would kindly pm me so they could help walk me thru this set up id be very greatfull! It still crashes my xbmc after ive tried countless reinstalls of xbmc...

On mac btw
Ok great program but I got to say I'm lost step 1 install it step two copy and past setting2.xml to userdata folder step 3 copy live folder to one of the folders n xbmc scan it step 4 went to addon setting click on live tv then show path for live folder then click ok went to program click on program show building internet live tv but when done all I get are vevotv and some of my videos from my libary and the same channels repeated only 14 channel .really lost
(2013-07-29, 13:57)nuttypro69 Wrote: Ok great program but I got to say I'm lost step 1 install it step two copy and past setting2.xml to userdata folder step 3 copy live folder to one of the folders n xbmc scan it step 4 went to addon setting click on live tv then show path for live folder then click ok went to program click on program show building internet live tv but when done all I get are vevotv and some of my videos from my libary and the same channels repeated only 14 channel .really lost

First delete script.pseudotv.live addon and userdata (start clean)

To make things clearer, LiveTV is for Tuner or Internet Streams that you have XMLTV information for... So if you don't have it or don't know what it is... leave it disabled... If this is what you want follow my posts on how to set this up. No "live folders" are involved...

InternetTV by default is enabled, and without any input will generate two example channels, with the addition of an example settings2.xml it will add more channels. But it is up to you to find and supply your own channels.

Hope that helps
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I just had an interesting thought - will this ever have an option to work on touch screens? Ie a nexus7 or ipad?
(2013-07-29, 03:02)boognish43 Wrote: Finally got this installed and it is working perfectly! I had to update my librtmp file but all is well. Thank you so much for moving this plugin to the next level!

I downloaded this Pre configured settings2.xml w/InternetTV sources. * Courtesy of Scilz but am only getting 2 channels. are there other settings2.xml files that have more setup?

Thanks again!
my settings2 has 100 internet channels the default one has 2 internet channels
Ok fast question Scilz your setting 2.xml only goes in the userdata adddata folder for Pesudotv Live right then what gets mark in setting do we click on Internet tv yes or no
(2013-07-29, 19:08)scilz Wrote:
(2013-07-29, 03:02)boognish43 Wrote: Finally got this installed and it is working perfectly! I had to update my librtmp file but all is well. Thank you so much for moving this plugin to the next level!

Thanks again!
my settings2 has 100 internet channels the default one has 2 internet channels

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong then. I move the file to the correct folder. It shows it's 38kb or so but when i start ptvl the file updates to 2kb.
@luna

Any luck on the EPG sync issues? I can now dublicated my issue over and over. I can get it to start sync'd if I exit PTVL on a content channel, and reload at the exact time a program is starting (tough to do with more than 1-2 Live TV channels. Once I select the channel though, it "shifts" the EPG to the program I click (even if the time bar is in it) to starting now.

I can try and make a video sometime this week if it would help.

I just can't find what I have set wrong.
(2013-07-29, 20:41)XvMMvX Wrote: @luna

Any luck on the EPG sync issues? I can now dublicated my issue over and over. I can get it to start sync'd if I exit PTVL on a content channel, and reload at the exact time a program is starting (tough to do with more than 1-2 Live TV channels. Once I select the channel though, it "shifts" the EPG to the program I click (even if the time bar is in it) to starting now.

I can try and make a video sometime this week if it would help.

I just can't find what I have set wrong.

Yeah, I know what the issue is down to the exact problem!! BUT!! there isn't an easy fix, at least I didn't see one... So I'm leaving it alone right now and will have to rewrite a large chunk of the EPG code when I get some free time.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
i would love to help u guys but i have no idea how it is really just 2 steps download my settings2 and replace the default one i think ppl are doing extra steps that are not needed idk but my 65 year old dad who doesnt even know how to check a email got it to work 1st time
(2013-07-29, 21:20)scilz Wrote: i would love to help u guys but i have no idea how it is really just 2 steps download my settings2 and replace the default one i think ppl are doing extra steps that are not needed idk but my 65 year old dad who doesnt even know how to check a email got it to work 1st time

I solved my problem. when i downloaded the file a few times yesterday I right clicked and saved right from the first post. The file was 38kb. today i clicked the link and downloaded from the dropbox site. it was 65kb and worked perfectly! It may have been the downloading direct link or perhaps it was corrupt for the 3 mins i was playing with it yesterday, who knows. Hopefully this will help someone.

thanks for all that you all have done here!
First and foremost, let me say that I love PTV and have for years. By far my favorite XBMC addon. Thank you for reviving and furthering it.

Now, I hate begging for help on forums, but this is driving me insane. I am running XBMC 12.2 on win7 x64 and I have updated librtmp. PTV works perfectly except for one thing, Advanced Channel Rules. I hit enter to get into the channel rules, hit enter on rule #1, then hit enter again when I see Rule 1 Configuration...but that is as far as I can go. It won't do anything else. I've tried the arrow keys and every other key on the kb, but nothing happens. I can back out and go back in, but nothing more. I have tried every skin and nothing, btw when using Aeon Nox when I go into Advanced Rules I only see a white screen and nothing else (but that is no biggie I can switch skins to config and go back). I was just curious if anyone has run into this same issue. Admittedly, I have not read all 23 pages of this thread, but I have read more than half and did not see much mention of it.

I am trying to assign channel logos and iirc it is in there. Anyway, thanks again for keeping PTV alive and any help would be appreciated.
(2013-07-29, 22:17)boognish43 Wrote:
(2013-07-29, 21:20)scilz Wrote: i would love to help u guys but i have no idea how it is really just 2 steps download my settings2 and replace the default one i think ppl are doing extra steps that are not needed idk but my 65 year old dad who doesnt even know how to check a email got it to work 1st time

I solved my problem. when i downloaded the file a few times yesterday I right clicked and saved right from the first post. The file was 38kb. today i clicked the link and downloaded from the dropbox site. it was 65kb and worked perfectly! It may have been the downloading direct link or perhaps it was corrupt for the 3 mins i was playing with it yesterday, who knows. Hopefully this will help someone.

thanks for all that you all have done here!

Im glad u got it working! I still cant and nobody really can tell me what the issue is, ive done everything that i know how todo, but even after getting the settings from drop box... It just crashes, i want to load a video of everything and just might
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45