• 31(current)
Archive - old posts
(2013-07-31, 19:27)toiva Wrote: Nevermind..

Common now, don't be shy Smile that was a feature request I can feel it..

(2013-07-31, 19:22)Paulnd Wrote: Hello,

I get an error when I try to install the latest git-hub version : "Addon does not have the correct structure"

I "download ZIP" from the git-hub and then "install from zip file" which usually works, not sure why it doesn't work this time?

If you have previous version already installed you can just copy over from the ZIP.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I was going to say you compressed some Apple crap files within the zip but since it's Github doing the compressing that's not it Big Grin
Hi Pecinko, you forget to reply to my second post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1473597
I'm sorry to be annoying, but can you answer to 2. and 3.? Smile

Off Topic: I guess i'm like the last guys here, i was using the skin Xperince1080 on pc, but the bought a raspberry pi, and for the raspberry pi Xperience was really heavy so i tried all the skins you could imagine (all the officials and several WIP versions) and Amber was the best skin i've found (you sir are a really good skiner)! It's light and at the same time complex, it's good looking, fast and with really awesome features especially in the menus. I'm using it with Xbian and it works really good. (If i had that things i've asked in 2. and 3. it would be perfect).
Note to Raspberry users, you might want to try to compress all the textures, it should have a positive impact on the performance.
(2013-07-31, 19:42)pecinko Wrote: If you have previous version already installed you can just copy over from the ZIP.

That worked and the "0"s display correctly now, thanks!
I'm trying to put in the support for the skin widgets but you are not making it easy Big Grin Part of the problem is that as i don't use plexbmc myself i have to try to tiptoe around it, imagining how it's supposed to work.

I use Sublime Text with it's default settings but the indentation looks funny, i'll try to keep it as it is.

Include named RA_Commons_Posters seems to exist at 2 different windows Includes_Shelf and Includes_Horizontal_Home. CustomShelf uses the include from Includes_Horizontal_Home, this took a while to notice Tongue

Includes_HomeWindow.xml is not used for anything. is it?

You are probably well aware of these, it's your code after all, i thought i'd post my findings anyway.
Hi pecinko,

Amber is great ! I have it running on 3 Pivos Xios linux builds and it's very smooth. Here's my question. I have a hard time reading the epg guide (text size + condensed font). It's not just Amber, I think it's too small on most skins. Could I go in and change that font size myself in one if config files? Where would I look?

Thanks for a fantastic skin!
(2013-08-01, 21:31)toiva Wrote: I'm trying to put in the support for the skin widgets but you are not making it easy Big Grin Part of the problem is that as i don't use plexbmc myself i have to try to tiptoe around it, imagining how it's supposed to work.

I use Sublime Text with it's default settings but the indentation looks funny, i'll try to keep it as it is.

Include named RA_Commons_Posters seems to exist at 2 different windows Includes_Shelf and Includes_Horizontal_Home. CustomShelf uses the include from Includes_Horizontal_Home, this took a while to notice Tongue

Includes_HomeWindow.xml is not used for anything. is it?

You are probably well aware of these, it's your code after all, i thought i'd post my findings anyway.

I can help with plexbmc or you could install it and try it out.

I did not care much for indentation, feel free to correct it.

As for includes that's what you get when you code 30min, go play with a kid, code some more and then continue 2 days after... LOL I'll take a look at those thanks for investigating it.

(2013-08-01, 22:26)clayfree Wrote: I have a hard time reading the epg guide (text size + condensed font). It's not just Amber, I think it's too small on most skins. Could I go in and change that font size myself in one if config files? Where would I look?

No clue, need to check the code Smile Did not visit that section for a while now and my PVR setup is not functional ATM. I'll take a look.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hey Pecinko,

I don't know if you have time to do this, but I'm asking it anyway. Could always get a yes Smile

My suggestions where a bit to late in this stage of your progress and I understand you can't implement everything we ask.
Now my question is if you could explain me how I can modify the skin myself to implement my suggestions?
I understand if you have no time for this!

The breadcrumbs
Put them in the top left corner.
Reformat time/date: Mon, 1 January 2013 ● 22:00
Reformat Movies: Movies: 200 ● Watched: 150 ● Unwatched: 50
Reformat TV Shows: TV Shows: 20 ● Episodes: 1200 ● Unwatched: 220

Is it possible to change these in this way, and what file should I edit?

The watched icon
Putting the watched icon on top of poster/banners for watched shows/movies/episodes/seasons.
I'd like to do this also for the shelf.

I know you did this for episodes. But where should I look to do this for all other poster/banners?

The IMDB rating
Change the 5 stars rating into 10 stars rating.

Is this possible to do? And where should I look?

Also the stars in tv show view don't fill up, is that normal?

So I repeat these are just some small modification I'd like to do.
If you don't have the time to explain it, I'm okay with it.

Very big thanks for this skin, it's awesome!
Hi Peckino

Apologies if this has been asked before but I have only just started to use the vertical version (the wife prefers it so who am I to argue) .. anyway I've set up a few extra add ons in the list so it's not just Video, TV Shows, Movies, Settings etc etc and when I go to look at something in the TV shows list or the Movie libaray and then return to the menu it doesnt remember the section I was looking at - it always defaults to one of my add ons (4OD)
Eg) click on suits under recently added, start watching it, notice I've seen it or don't want to watch it, press stop - returns me to 4OD and I have to scroll back to TV Shows again

Does that make sense? .. basically it forgets the last selected HOME channel I was in.
(2013-08-02, 13:30)Atinkler Wrote: Hi Peckino

Apologies if this has been asked before but I have only just started to use the vertical version (the wife prefers it so who am I to argue) .. anyway I've set up a few extra add ons in the list so it's not just Video, TV Shows, Movies, Settings etc etc and when I go to look at something in the TV shows list or the Movie libaray and then return to the menu it doesnt remember the section I was looking at - it always defaults to one of my add ons (4OD)
Eg) click on suits under recently added, start watching it, notice I've seen it or don't want to watch it, press stop - returns me to 4OD and I have to scroll back to TV Shows again

Does that make sense? .. basically it forgets the last selected HOME channel I was in.

Update to the latest version (4.0.5) - it's in a skin dev repository.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

When switching from "Fanart - Show info" to "Fanart - the other option" and back again the background picture stays streched to full screen. Restarting didn't help. I'm using V4.5.

Pozdrav
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
This is the best looking skin Ive found that works smoothly on Xios. Its amazing, no slowdown at all!

Not sure if its something I did, or if it was from an update but the Homescreen wallpapers have changed today. The movies one changed and I believe the music changed as well. I went into background settings and hit the default button but it didnt change it back. The movies one used to be a batman pic which I liked and I cant remember what music was..something better then a violin tho.
Any ideas where I can find the originals?

So far no big issues, one thing I wish it had was settings lock. Kiosk mode I think its called. Makes it kid proof.
Also a way to change the Quit menu. The popup has log off, quit, shutdown, reboot. I wish there was a way to take out quit. On my Xios if I choose quit then it doesnt shut it off properly and the only way to get it going again is to uplug it, plug the power cord back in. I can remember not to choose it, but my son/wife/ someone visiting may not know and then they think the media box is broken.
(2013-08-02, 15:48)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-08-02, 13:30)Atinkler Wrote: Hi Peckino

Update to the latest version (4.0.5) - it's in a skin dev repository.

Brilliant thank you!
abcabc ' Wrote: Now my question is if you could explain me how I can modify the skin myself to implement my suggestis?
As I already posted your suggestions imho are pretty good, but it requires significant modification of skin code and in the case of rating and watched icon also adding graphics. It's not like changing few placement coordinates.So if you have no previous experience with coding chances that you would success are very low. however if you are determined enough you should start with reading skinning wiki and try things with foundation skin. it took me 2 weeks of all evening sessions before I started to create some simple but sensible code Wink. But be careful, you may like it. :-)
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10