Hi. I am a newbi.
I followed the instruction:

sudo apt-get -y install python-software-properties
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install tvheadend xbmc

When I start XBMC I get the message:
TV headend HTSP client Verbindung unterbrochen
MythTV cmyth PVR Client failed to connect.
TV heandend HTSP client access denied.

What is the problem? Without running XBMC and starting tvheadend manually the tvheadend works.

Thanks!
1. You shouldn't use opdenkamp's fork anymore, just use the standard stable XBMC.

2. It probably means you haven't configured a user for XBMC in tvheadend. You do that from the web interface, then you specify the credentials in the tvheadend addon properties.

Do you intend to use MythTV as well? If not you should disable that addon.
Hi negge. Thank you for your answer!

1. OK, no problem. I will unistall the XBMC and reinstall it via the softwarecenter. Will all repositories removed too? If not how do I do that?

2. I created two users in tvheadend. One with username and passwort and one empty enty. In XBMC I tried both.

I want to view live-tv and I want to program some records onto my NAS. I don't know. Do I need MythTV or do you have any suggestions?
(2013-08-02, 10:22)gorschten Wrote: 1. OK, no problem. I will unistall the XBMC and reinstall it via the softwarecenter. Will all repositories removed too? If not how do I do that?

You should remove your current XBMC version, then remove the repository you just added (delete the appropriate file from /etc/apt/sources.list.d/), then add the official XBMC PPA and after that install XBMC using "sudo apt-get install xbmc". This will get you the version you want.

gorschten Wrote:2. I created two users in tvheadend. One with username and passwort and one empty enty. In XBMC I tried both.

Did you check the checkboxes in tvheadend's access control settings (streaming, DVR etc.). You should check all except Admin.

gorschten Wrote:I want to view live-tv and I want to program some records onto my NAS. I don't know. Do I need MythTV or do you have any suggestions?

You will not need MythTV if you use tvheadend.
(2013-08-02, 13:41)negge Wrote: Did you check the checkboxes in tvheadend's access control settings (streaming, DVR etc.). You should check all except Admin.

Oops, having a similar problem, I took the advice above, now cannot log back into TVHeadEnd. Just uninstalled and reinstalled from the App Store, but still cannot log in. What can I do to fix this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tvheadend htsp client: no access denied0