• 88(current)
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread
Trytony,

I am having the same problem with iplayer, itv player, 4od etc. Is there a playercorefactory that could open all videos with the internal players and only use an external players for HD 720/1080 as these are extremely choppy on the internal players. I've tried loads of different playercores but none of them have worked fully.
I have an external player code to open blu rays in PowerDVD. When you select a bluray movie in XBMC, it opens up a dialogue which says "Select playback item", then you have the options to "play main title", "Select from all titles" and "Show bluray menus". Is it possible to have "Play main tltle" and "Select form all titles" mapped to their normal functions, and only have "Show bluray menus" opening the external player?

Bluray menus seem to be a bit hit-and-miss, even in PowerDVD, and are slow to load at the best of times so it would be good to still be able to play the movies with XBMC's player when I'm not interested in the special features etc.
(2013-05-31, 13:31)Cath Barkley Wrote: I have an external player code to open blu rays in PowerDVD. When you select a bluray movie in XBMC, it opens up a dialogue which says "Select playback item", then you have the options to "play main title", "Select from all titles" and "Show bluray menus". Is it possible to have "Play main tltle" and "Select form all titles" mapped to their normal functions, and only have "Show bluray menus" opening the external player?

Bluray menus seem to be a bit hit-and-miss, even in PowerDVD, and are slow to load at the best of times so it would be good to still be able to play the movies with XBMC's player when I'm not interested in the special features etc.

Remove MPLS file types from your external player rules, XBMC will then play the movie itself unless you select "Show blu-ray menus" then it will open the external player.
Works perfectly. Thanks!
I need some help please.

So I changed my external player to VLC which works well I just downloaded the Aurora Blu Ray Player and wanted to change my external player to that. So I made the requisite changes to the Playercorefactory.xml settings but it still plays my video content using VLC. I have restarted my PC to see whether it would fix the issue but to no avail.
I ve finally managed to play all my movies including Blu-Ray structure folders (BDMV/CERTIFICATE) with my external player (MPC-HC). There is only one slight thing that I would like to change (if possible):

When I ENTER on a movie in XBMC that has a Blu-ray structure folder the file does not get played immediately but I first get some kind of submenu in xbmc where I can choose 'SELECT FROM ALL TITLES' or 'SHOW BLU-RAY MENUS'. Choosing 'SHOW BLU-RAY MENUS' is the one to choose if I want my external player MPC-HC start playing the movie.
Is there something I can do that makes XBMC immediately play the movie when choosing it in 'MOVIES' instead of first going to this submenu?
ps. .mkv, .wmv etc. files do play immediately.
Don't dream your life, live your dream
Add mpls and bdmv to the file rule.
(2013-08-02, 18:56)baijuxavior Wrote: Add mpls and bdmv to the file rule.

thanks for your reply. Can you explain in detail how to do this?Cool
Try this rule <rule filenames="iso" filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_Player"/>
(2013-08-03, 16:26)baijuxavior Wrote: Try this rule <rule filenames="iso" filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_Player"/>
Sorry for being ultra noobish but how do I exactly 'try this rule'?
rule is defined in your playercorefactroy.xml file.
Information 
(2013-08-04, 09:36)baijuxavior Wrote: rule is defined in your playercorefactroy.xml file.
My playercorefactory looks like this at the moment. Where exactly do I put the line you suggested?

PHP Code:
<playercorefactory>
 <
players>
 <
player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
 <
filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
 <
args>"{1}"</args>
 <
hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
 <
hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
 <
forceontop>false</forceontop>

</
player>
 <
player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
 <
filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
 <
args>"{1}"</args>
 <
 <
 <
forceontop>false</forceontop

</
player>
 <
player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
 <
filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\mpc-be\mpc-be.exe</filename>
 <
args>"{1}"</args>
 <
 <
 <
forceontop>false</forceontop>

</
player>
 </
players>
 <
rules action="prepend">
 <!-- 
Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
 <
rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="Universal_Player"/>
 <!-- 
Multiple files -->
 <
rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts" player="Universal_Player"/> 

<!-- 
Bluray Disc -->
 <
rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="universal_Player"/>

</
rules>
 </
playercorefactory
Replace the line <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="Universal_Player"/>

You have already included mpls to the rule, don't know what is wrong with the code. My HTPC is down at the moment, otherwise I should have posted my external player code.

Edit - Went through the thread where I asked a similar question, and it is said that the menu cannot be skipped.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1324959
(2013-08-04, 11:43)baijuxavior Wrote: Replace the line <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="Universal_Player"/>

You have already included mpls to the rule, don't know what is wrong with the code. My HTPC is down at the moment, otherwise I should have posted my external player code.

Edit - Went through the thread where I asked a similar question, and it is said that the menu cannot be skipped.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1324959
Because almost anything is possible with XBMC I cannot imagine that this is impossible. I will try to see if someone knows more about it in a new thread.
Hi guys,

I had to reinstall my system but I can t seem to get my external player load anymore with my playercorefactory.xml.

Could someone look what I could be doing wrong?

My player is MPC-BE and is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\mpc-be\mpc-be.exe.
I want to use this external player for ALL my content (so ALSO blu-ray structure folders! BDMV).

My playercorefactory.xml looks like this but something goes wrong because the player isn t loaded.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="mpc-be" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\mpc-be\mpc-be.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">