Hi,

Here are a couple mockup ideas that illustrate what I am talking about:

List Only:

Thumbnail Option:

I hope you think this is a good idea.

Many thanks,

H.
(2013-08-05, 10:39)styxit Wrote:
(2013-08-05, 08:59)Lucleonhart Wrote: Did i miss something or where did the sort dropdowns go?
I see them in the features section on htpc.io but they are now visible in the version downloaded 20 seconds ago. Smile

You are right, this has been removed a while ago. Mbw2001 has made a lot of changes and improvements to the Xbmc module for HTPC Manager. It seems like the sorting buttons didn't make it.

The sort functionality is still there in the python code, but it will take som work to make the JS compatible with the new way we filter movies on load.

I never use the sort i just filter, so I kinda forgot about it again. Unfortunately i have very limited time these days to finish the work i started.

(2013-08-05, 21:23)styxit Wrote:
(2013-08-05, 21:12)hernandito Wrote: On the Dashboard page, you have the three sections Latest Movies, TV SHows and Music. You have the nice scrolling graphic.

I think that below each Latest Category graphic, a list of the 10 most recent downloads in each category would be very helpful. This way, at a glance, one can see the recent history without either paging or waiting for pictures to scroll. When clicking on an item in the list; it should pop open the details like screencap below:

On the dashboard, the rotating images are actually clickable to quickly skip through the list. Maybe in the future i will do something with a configurable dashboard where you can pick and reposition you own widgets.

The thing with the popup-on-click from the dashboard was there before but has been removed by Mbw2001. I am actually not shure why it has been removed...

We refactored a lot of the javascript to speed up the load speed of the dashboard (before all the javascript was loaded on all pages).

It meant the code for displaying a movie no longer loads on the dashboard. My idea is to make a direct link to the movie page that loads the specific movie. However as with the previous problem its simply a matter of time limitation.
(2013-08-06, 02:43)hernandito Wrote: Hi,

Here are a couple mockup ideas that illustrate what I am talking about:

List Only:

Thumbnail Option:

Many thanks,

H.

You can add it as a feature request on GitHub. Personally i prefer the dashboard to be a clean overview of all the modules. So i find the suggestion a bit cluttered so I wouldn't use it. However it could be added as a setting you could enable or disable.
(2013-08-06, 02:43)hernandito Wrote: Here are a couple mockup ideas that illustrate what I am talking about:

List Only:

Thumbnail Option:

I do like the list thing, but want to maintain the somewhat square widget. So the lists have to be separate widgets.
Like so:

But before that, the dashboard should be adjustable to the users desire. Meaning the blocks can be dragged in the prefered order, added and removed.
http://htpc.io

HTPC Manager combines all your favorite htpc software into one slick interface!

Is there likely to be support added for headphones at some point? I notice that they have an API?

Pretty awesome tool though this is :-)
(2013-08-07, 17:58)WolvesPhil Wrote: Is there likely to be support added for headphones at some point? I notice that they have an API?

I would like to do this someday. Probably not any time soon. I will first focus on making a stable release and then look at some new features. At the moment only me and Mbw2001 are actively developing, and since we have limited time, development is not always going as fast as we would like.

We are still looking for more regular contributors.

I wish I knew were to start to help but haven't a clue.

Thanks for the update though, looks like this will become a permanent feature on my htpc.
(2013-07-29, 12:36)mbw2001 Wrote:
(2013-07-29, 02:24)kay.one Wrote:
(2013-07-28, 22:33)styxit Wrote: I am not really familiar with nzbdrone (yet). Will have to take a look at it before i can say anything about when or how to integrate it into Htpc Manager. As long as NzbDrone has a web-api to do most of the tasks and get information out of the application, it should be possible to HtpcManager to work with NzbDrone.

The HtpcManager project is open source so you can start with the required work yourself if you want to.

I'll definitely take a look at the project to see how it's structured and how it might integrate with nzbdrone.
As for API our main UI is just a javascript client built on top of a JSON API so anything that is exposed through the UI is based on a JSON API.

Well thats how HTPC-Manager is written aswell. Each module has a small python class that proxies the requests to the JSON API of the app. A simple HTML template and a bunch of JavaScript.

The program is written so that modules can be added easily. The only problem with adding nzbdrone is that Styxit and myself, who currently does the most work, both run our systems on Linux.

That shouldn't be a problem since Nzbdrone v2 runs on linux.you can use the windows package for now, but we plan to release a specific linux package soon.
I to have made the change away from SickBeard to NzbDrone and would love to see it integrate into HTPC Manager
Man I hate to be "that guy", but I cannot figure out how to get HTPC Manager running? I installed python and PIL both with no problem. But what do I do now? I have the downloaded zip file from the website. When I extract it, none of the files do anything. The Htpc python file tells me that it's unable to find my xbmc server and to check the setting. Where are the settings? Sorry again if this is a stupid problem, just can't seem to get off the ground with this.
(2013-08-09, 21:26)stretch886 Wrote: Man I hate to be "that guy", but I cannot figure out how to get HTPC Manager running? I installed python and PIL both with no problem. But what do I do now? I have the downloaded zip file from the website. When I extract it, none of the files do anything. The Htpc python file tells me that it's unable to find my xbmc server and to check the setting. Where are the settings? Sorry again if this is a stupid problem, just can't seem to get off the ground with this.

I had this too . Leave the command prompt open and then open your browser to localhost:8085 as this is the default port.
(2013-08-07, 19:36)WolvesPhil Wrote: I wish I knew were to start to help but haven't a clue.

If you have some python and html/js skills you can contact me an i will help you get started

(2013-08-09, 07:43)menage Wrote: I to have made the change away from SickBeard to NzbDrone and would love to see it integrate into HTPC Manager

There are multiple feature requests pending, i have a hard time figuring out wich one is most important.

(2013-08-09, 21:28)WolvesPhil Wrote:
(2013-08-09, 21:26)stretch886 Wrote: Man I hate to be "that guy", but I cannot figure out how to get HTPC Manager running? I installed python and PIL both with no problem. But what do I do now? I have the downloaded zip file from the website. When I extract it, none of the files do anything. The Htpc python file tells me that it's unable to find my xbmc server and to check the setting. Where are the settings? Sorry again if this is a stupid problem, just can't seem to get off the ground with this.

I had this too . Leave the command prompt open and then open your browser to localhost:8085 as this is the default port.

As of today, a startup message has been added telling you to open the browser and go to localhost : your port.

I just spotted this, the thing is, my Sabnzb, Sickbeard and Couchpotato are on my Windows server where I have XBMCbuntu on my HTPC. Is it possible to use this having both on separate machines on different platforms?
(2013-08-12, 11:01)PogMoThoin Wrote: I just spotted this, the thing is, my Sabnzb, Sickbeard and Couchpotato are on my Windows server where I have XBMCbuntu on my HTPC. Is it possible to use this having both on separate machines on different platforms?

Sure, no problem. Connection to different services is based on IP and port. As long as the different machines are on the same network you should be good.

Thanks, Exactly what I wanted to know, wasn't sure how it connected to XBMC or if it needed to be run from the XBMC machine. I've just installed, I will let you know how it goes and report any issues.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app7