• 25(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
the name and description are 2 diferent things some times they match tho. but thats not my problem there are some channels that have spaces like this one http://www.youtube.com/channel/HCH3c76WqdvlU it has spaces in the name and i could not get it to work threw ptvl
(2013-08-10, 19:34)hellohello Wrote:
(2013-08-10, 19:13)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-08-10, 18:52)scilz Wrote: I think you may be right i was wondering why alot of the channels i added did not work. after reading this i went to check and it seems all off my working youtube channels have no spaces

I think you are using wrong channel names... For example "Head Squeeze" Channel name is HeadsqueezeTV

ah, ok. have to prowl around to find that, thanks.

which makes me wonder: what is my user name? I've tried what YouTube shows me when I log in (Loki Savo) and even tried my gmail address. Neither is showing my subscriptions. Is the USERNAME option for your OWN channel (i.e. videos that I've uploaded)?

I edited my configuration page to try and clear things up... let me know if it helps...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-08-10, 20:09)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-08-10, 19:34)hellohello Wrote:
(2013-08-10, 19:13)Lunatixz Wrote: I think you are using wrong channel names... For example "Head Squeeze" Channel name is HeadsqueezeTV

ah, ok. have to prowl around to find that, thanks.

which makes me wonder: what is my user name? I've tried what YouTube shows me when I log in (Loki Savo) and even tried my gmail address. Neither is showing my subscriptions. Is the USERNAME option for your OWN channel (i.e. videos that I've uploaded)?

I edited my configuration page to try and clear things up... let me know if it helps...

ach... I hate being one of those people.. sorry, i'm still confused. so let me ask this instead: I have a bunch of subscriptions. I want ONE YouTube channel that will (randomly) show videos from those subscriptions. is it possible with this new YouTube feature of PTVL?
(2013-08-10, 20:18)hellohello Wrote:
(2013-08-10, 19:34)hellohello Wrote: ah, ok. have to prowl around to find that, thanks.

ach... I hate being one of those people.. sorry, i'm still confused. so let me ask this instead: I have a bunch of subscriptions. I want ONE YouTube channel that will (randomly) show videos from those subscriptions. is it possible with this new YouTube feature of PTVL?

use type 3 it's your newest subscriptions taken from your user subscription list
(2013-08-10, 19:56)scilz Wrote: the name and description are 2 diferent things some times they match tho. but thats not my problem there are some channels that have spaces like this one http://www.youtube.com/channel/HCH3c76WqdvlU it has spaces in the name and i could not get it to work threw ptvl

This isn't a typical user channel, it is actually a playlist generated by YouTube. I will look into it, but it isn't currently supported. If it says Auto-Generated by YouTube, is isn't currently supported. I will look into it. In the meantime, if you add them all to a playlist, and create a channel that way, it should work.
(2013-08-10, 20:18)hellohello Wrote:
(2013-08-10, 19:34)hellohello Wrote: ah, ok. have to prowl around to find that, thanks.

When you are on your home page in YouTube, your user name should be in the URL bar. That is the username that you use under the subscription option.
Latest master has RSS channel type, haven't had a chance to fully test it out...

Please give me feedback... Thanks

Code:
<setting id="Channel_11_type" value="11" />
<setting id="Channel_11_1" value="http://revision3.com/hdnation/feed/mp4-hd30" />
<setting id="Channel_11_2" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_11_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_11_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_11_rule_1_opt_1" value="HD Nation" />
i copied you're example and it did not work for me but it is prob my error somewhere my ptvl has been giving me problems when i install a new version i use this procedure
1.unistall old ptvl
2.delete the folder in xbmc/userdata/addon_data
3.download from the master branch and install
sometimes it does not update is my problem
just wanted to check and make sure im updating correctly
(2013-08-11, 05:17)scilz Wrote: i copied you're example and it did not work for me but it is prob my error somewhere my ptvl has been giving me problems when i install a new version i use this procedure
1.unistall old ptvl
2.delete the folder in xbmc/userdata/addon_data
3.download from the master branch and install
sometimes it does not update is my problem
just wanted to check and make sure im updating correctly

Works on my end... Try a different rss feed also check settings RSS needs to be enabled.

As for updating...

delete old plugin folder, copy updated version.

Also helps to delete cache folder if your changing channel types. For example channel 11 was chtype 10 now you changed it to 9....
lol that is my problem again. i failed the update i dont have a rss feed option will go sort it out now. last time i ended up reinstalling xbmc cause no matter how many times i tried it would not update.
(2013-08-11, 05:59)scilz Wrote: lol that is my problem again. i failed the update i dont have a rss feed option will go sort it out now. last time i ended up reinstalling xbmc cause no matter how many times i tried it would not update.

It helps me to clear pseudotv live master from my "packages" folder under add-ons.
i downloaded the new master and extracted it over the old one this method seems to work for me so far.
k all is working for me now including rss feeds and they load super fast to ptvl keeps getting better great job Lunatixz.
Upgraded to master_5. Added a bunch of rev3 and twit tv rss channels, all function awesomely. Added several youtube channels, all function great. Added 10 rtsp internettv channels, and all work great. You are doing great work with this and I love it. The only thing I would say that is priority now is working on a way to check online channels and if there is nothing there, quit to the guide or something. Or stop playback and bring up the guide so that one could pick a chan that works so that pseudotv doesnt end up crashing and exiting. Otherwise, everything seems to be working perfectly. Thanks.

Curious about the autotune function. It says it will overwrite the existing settings2.xml. What channels will it automatically generate on it's own?
(2013-08-11, 07:38)henbone11 Wrote: Upgraded to master_5. Added a bunch of rev3 and twit tv rss channels, all function awesomely. Added several youtube channels, all function great. Added 10 rtsp internettv channels, and all work great. You are doing great work with this and I love it. The only thing I would say that is priority now is working on a way to check online channels and if there is nothing there, quit to the guide or something. Or stop playback and bring up the guide so that one could pick a chan that works so that pseudotv doesnt end up crashing and exiting. Otherwise, everything seems to be working perfectly. Thanks.

Curious about the autotune function. It says it will overwrite the existing settings2.xml. What channels will it automatically generate on it's own?

Auto tune will search all your media and generate channels based on your selection...

Not fully functioning yet.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45