• 9(current)
How to get a seamless remote experience
Hi gokudo,

Thanks for your input. So yousuggest I go with a third party USB IR receiver, is that right?

Blaccko
Pretty much, but you could first try out the Asrock anyway, maybe you get different results than I. BTW, no need to update the driver, all you need comes with XBMCBuntu.
Ok, thanks. I'll check it out. However, were you able to wake up from S5 state via a third party USB IR receiver?

Blaccko
(2013-08-12, 17:53)Blaccko Wrote: Ok, thanks. I'll check it out. However, were you able to wake up from S5 state via a third party USB IR receiver?

Blaccko

That is NOT possible, at least not out of the box. It's the big downside when using third party IR.
(2013-08-12, 17:56)gokudo Wrote: That is NOT possible, at least not out of the box. It's the big downside when using third party IR.

But is it possible after a few workarounds? If so, which ones?

Thanks again,

Blaccko
(2013-08-12, 17:58)Blaccko Wrote:
(2013-08-12, 17:56)gokudo Wrote: That is NOT possible, at least not out of the box. It's the big downside when using third party IR.

But is it possible after a few workarounds? If so, which ones?

Thanks again,

Blaccko

Don't know any, sorry.
Please Help Linux Ultra-NOOB -> Trying to get Genuine Microsoft 1044 MCE Keyboard Working in OpenELEC...

Hi Experts, I've asked this from a slightly different angle in the OpenELEC Keyboard sub-forum, but I haven't been able to use the advice successfully. So... I'll try a slightly different approach here:

Can anyone say for sure if the full keyboard + remote functions of the MS 1044 Multimedia Keyboard are implemented into the current release of xbmc for Linux ? If not, is there a way to activate both standard keyboard presses plus the remote control buttons ?

So far, the remote portion is recognized, but not a single key press is registered by xbmc.

(comments in the OpenELEC thread can be found here).

Thanks for help and guidance.
Cheers,
Grant

EDIT: >> !_SOLVED_! <<
hint: in autostart.sh, added "echo +mce_kbd > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols" to include keyboard protocol with existing default set.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
excellent information

helped me to get my remote working with mythtv again via lirc

helped me to understand what was happening
Hi,

i see that this is the most active IR thread here, so i like to add my question here.

I would like to boot up my PC by remote, this is working on a lot of PC but i only find thet your system recognize the IR on "USBx".

I am using a FLIRC USB adapter which is working perfect when the system is boot up.

System: Biostar NM70i-1037

My config looks like this:

cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
Device S-state Status Sysfs node
P0P1 S4 *disabled
USB1 S3 *disabled
USB2 S3 *disabled
USB3 S3 *disabled
USB4 S3 *disabled
USB5 S3 *disabled
USB6 S3 *disabled
USB7 S3 *disabled
EHC1 S4 *enabled pci:0000:00:1d.0
EHC2 S4 *enabled pci:0000:00:1a.0
XHC S4 *disabled
HDEF S4 *disabled pci:0000:00:1b.0
PWRB S4 *enabled

as you can see EHCI1 and 2 are my FLIRC and Keyboard.

lsusb -t
1-1.1:1.1: No such file or directory
/: Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci_hcd/2p, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
|__ Port 2: Dev 3, If 0, Class=vend., Driver=ftdi_sio, 12M
/: Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci_hcd/2p, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 0, Class=HID, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M
|__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 1, Class=vend., Driver=, 1.5M
|__ Port 2: Dev 4, If 0, Class=HID, Driver=usbhid, 12M
|__ Port 2: Dev 4, If 1, Class=HID, Driver=usbhid, 12M
|__ Port 2: Dev 4, If 2, Class=HID, Driver=usbhid, 12M

Do you have any idea for me?

Thanks for your help.
ok forget it, i just did not see that i needed to configure the "wake" key in the flirc. After configuring that, its working perfect. but only from suspend or hypernate not from S5.
What I can do if there is no supported protocols:
Code:
root@7th_odroid:/home/seventh# ir-keytable
Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event3) with:
        Driver mceusb, table rc-rc6-mce
        Supported protocols:
        Enabled protocols:
        Name: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared
        bus: 3, vendor/product: 0471:0815, version: 0x0000
        Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms
I have Debian:
Code:
root@7th_odroid:/home/seventh# uname -a
Linux 7th_odroid 3.8.13.16 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Feb 11 09:43:03 BRST 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux
root@7th_odroid:/home/seventh# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 010: ID 0471:0815 Philips (or NXP) eHome Infrared Receiver
You can try with 'other'. It should work.
Now I saw that cat /dev/input/event3 was return nothing. I also tried cat /dev/input/* and see the keyboard keys, but nothing from IR. May be something wrong in another place?
I tried the remote control at the Windows and it works Sad
My thanks to LB06,.... finally someone documents a simple set of easy to follow install instructions....

I have followed the posts up until the point it gets into lircrc definitions... on my ubuntu 12.04 system

My system,. and mythtv pc responds to remote button presses,.. but not all the ones I want.

I have created an lircrc file with each button press defined,.. problem is my system does not read it,.. as far as I can tell.

I have located the file in ~/.mythtv and saved the file as "lircrc",.. I have the remote file located in /etc/rc_keymaps/tbs-remote.

If I run sudo ir-keytable -c -w /etc/rc_keymaps/tbs-remote -p NEC,LIRC,.. things appear to setup fine,.. and myth responds to a limited button set,.. but clearly not the contents of my full lircrc file.

Not sure if this is an error but the tail of my lirc.conf file is as follows, is this def. correct?
--------------
#Configuration for the Linux input layer (/dev/input/eventX) remote:
include "/usr/share/lirc/remotes/devinput/lircd.conf.devinput"
--------------

What am I doing wrong,... I appear to have lost the plot somewhere.
Tx and regards
Great guide, Got my stuff working after a couple of tries. Two questions.

1) I cannot for the life of me get the ir-keytable -c -w $path to autorun on startup. I have to execute it manually each time. I have tried putting that code in rc.local but that doesnt seem to be working. Any other suggestions?
2) I think this was referenced earlier in this thread. But its pretty easy to hit up or down and suddenly be scrolling really fast. Any way to disable this or make it less sensitive?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get a seamless remote experience9