• 36(current)
Archive - old posts
(2013-08-12, 16:29)Atinkler Wrote: Pecinko I asked already but not sure if you saw it - do you think it would be possible to add a bit more info on the OSD when the video player display is launched during playback?
Quality and Name would be perfect for my needs

What's wrong with "I" and "O"?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I & O are they keys on xbmc ? Sorry I'm using cec on my lg and have limited keys available. I think most pi users will have a limited remote option due to the nature of the device
(2013-08-12, 21:15)Atinkler Wrote: I & O are they keys on xbmc ? Sorry I'm using cec on my lg and have limited keys available. I think most pi users will have a limited remote option due to the nature of the device

I see. And what about getting familiar with a movie before you start watching it instead of while watching it? Just asking.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-08-12, 21:26)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-08-12, 21:15)Atinkler Wrote: I & O are they keys on xbmc ? Sorry I'm using cec on my lg and have limited keys available. I think most pi users will have a limited remote option due to the nature of the device

I see. And what about getting familiar with a movie before you start watching it instead of while watching it? Just asking.

+1. A little googling before watching a movie is always the way to go IMHO
Yes it's not a biggy, I suppose its the only easy way to have a one tap view of the TV show I'm watching and to double check the episode, I was surprised how much I missed it after leaving confluence ... You don't know what you have until you lose it :-)
Just saw other post ..it's for TV really, movies not a problem
(2013-08-12, 21:41)baruchin Wrote:
(2013-08-12, 21:26)pecinko Wrote:

+1. A little googling before watching a movie is always the way to go IMHO

Hehe

Implementing a web browser might be a overkill but most of the info is available on screen _before_ pressing play, right?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-08-12, 21:42)Atinkler Wrote: Yes it's not a biggy, I suppose its the only easy way to have a one tap view of the TV show I'm watching and to double check the episode, I was surprised how much I missed it after leaving confluence ... You don't know what you have until you lose it :-)
Just saw other post ..it's for TV really, movies not a problem

Info is already available by pressing UP when OSD is activated.

Problem is XBMC has many options and thus people are using it in a different ways. I fully understand RPi with TV remote problem but that should probably be solved xvmc/distro wise. When my wife bring up Confluence OSD she gets upper third of useless info, she doesn't see end time and she has subtitle download 4 clicks away. If she or kids accidentally press up, they end up trapped in blue X.

I'll think about your problem it just is not that easy as it might seem.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

anyone know how to add programs to the addons shelf?
Use favourites for now, I have to fix addon shelf.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-08-13, 19:05)pecinko Wrote: Use favourites for now, I have to fix addon shelf.

thank-you
Version 0.5.0 is on GitHub

- new keyboards
- shelf overhaul
- fix addon shelf
- moved horizontal shelf and re-worked it's background

Notes:
- Use install from ZIP after downloading from Git, so that skin.widgets gets properly installed or install the script manually if you don't have it already.
- Please test and report any problems - it is a major overhaul under the hood so I might have missed something.
- When you change setting in skin widgets - restart XBMC (should be fixed in next script update)
- Horizontal home shows all items in 1 row
- Vertical layout uses 2 rows
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I didn't know you can get the extra info by pressing up. . do you think you can add the qualityto that info Meta Data?

edit!

Is there no way to remove the osd? I can't seem to find how to do it. . none of my remote buttons seem to do it.
recommended episodes show on the shelf even if not selected
(2013-08-14, 00:26)stuCONNERS Wrote: recommended episodes show on the shelf even if not selected

Man of a few words... Horizontal or vertical? Restarted xbmc?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

yeah restarted and vertical sorry
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10