• 23(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
Does dsplayer support 3d bluray nowadays?
Or only sbs like original build?
Question 
Anyone know why DSPlayer can't use both external and internal subs properly? It seems if you have muxed subs and use XBMC subtitles to download new ones the downloaded ones become squashed horizontally, which makes them "unreadable". I used the original XBMC release for a long time and never remember this happening.

(2013-08-09, 11:06)asiuhas Wrote: Anyone know why DSPlayer can't use both external and internal subs properly? It seems if you have muxed subs and use XBMC subtitles to download new ones the downloaded ones become squashed horizontally, which makes them "unreadable". I used the original XBMC release for a long time and never remember this happening.

Glad to know I was not the only one. It drives me crazy!
(2013-08-14, 11:20)peregrine Wrote:
(2013-08-09, 11:06)asiuhas Wrote: Anyone know why DSPlayer can't use both external and internal subs properly? It seems if you have muxed subs and use XBMC subtitles to download new ones the downloaded ones become squashed horizontally, which makes them "unreadable". I used the original XBMC release for a long time and never remember this happening.

Glad to know I was not the only one. It drives me crazy!

Yes, subtitles in DSplayer are prone to random bugs. E.g. I have absolutely no problem with multiple embedded/external subs, but have a minor issue subs bigger than normal in the first 3-4 seconds of any video.
And since those issues cannot be reproduced consistently, the developer cannot do anything about it (as he explained).
(2013-08-14, 11:39)Roman_V_M Wrote: Yes, subtitles in DSplayer are prone to random bugs. E.g. I have absolutely no problem with multiple embedded/external subs, but have a minor issue subs bigger than normal in the first 3-4 seconds of any video.
And since those issues cannot be reproduced consistently, the developer cannot do anything about it (as he explained).
I have both problems, but as the developer isn't hanging around here, I can't tell him the possible reason for the second problem you (and I) have: Over 1000 fonts installed in Windows.
(2013-08-14, 11:45)Saxtus Wrote: I can't tell him the possible reason for the second problem you (and I) have: Over 1000 fonts installed in Windows.

I have some doubts about that. On my HTPC machine only standard Windows fonts are installed, as I don't use it for any other purposes than watching video, and there I have the issue.
On my primary working machine where I have MS Office and my other working programs which bring tons of fonts with them I don't have such problem.
(2013-08-14, 12:06)Roman_V_M Wrote: I have some doubts about that. On my HTPC machine only standard Windows fonts are installed, as I don't use it for any other purposes than watching video, and there I have the issue.
On my primary working machine where I have MS Office and my other working programs which bring tons of fonts with them I don't have such problem.

Both are running same OS? My (one and only) XBMC PC is running W7 64-bit. We should compare notes!
(2013-08-14, 12:13)Saxtus Wrote:
(2013-08-14, 12:06)Roman_V_M Wrote: I have some doubts about that. On my HTPC machine only standard Windows fonts are installed, as I don't use it for any other purposes than watching video, and there I have the issue.

Both are running same OS? My (one and only) XBMC PC is running W7 64-bit. We should compare notes!

Yes, both work under Win 7 32-bit.
(2013-08-14, 11:39)Roman_V_M Wrote: And since those issues cannot be reproduced consistently, the developer cannot do anything about it (as he explained).

I could reproduce it, at least in my case. It happens only when the ArcSoft Video Decoder is in use. External subs work properly when LAV is used.

(2013-08-14, 11:45)Saxtus Wrote: I have both problems, but as the developer isn't hanging around here, I can't tell him the possible reason for the second problem you (and I) have: Over 1000 fonts installed in Windows.

XBMC does not directly access the Windows/Fonts folder, afaik.
I've tried following the russian guide to setting up svp with lav filters with the DSPlayer xbmc with no luck. Would anyone be so kind as to put together an easy to follow english guide for this? I'm still googling a comprehensive tutorial but not having the best of luck.
(2013-08-26, 04:07)obelisk79 Wrote: I've tried following the russian guide to setting up svp with lav filters with the DSPlayer xbmc with no luck. Would anyone be so kind as to put together an easy to follow english guide for this? I'm still googling a comprehensive tutorial but not having the best of luck.

Install SVP and add ffdshow raw video filter in chain would do the trick. I used to set it up that way but not anymore.
What is the main reason to use Directshow player for XBMC; I read through the whole post and did not find the answer?
(2013-09-03, 22:44)zariaman Wrote: What is the main reason to use Directshow player for XBMC; I read through the whole post and did not find the answer?

custom Directshow filters, that's the reason.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2013-09-03, 23:22)vicmanpergar Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 22:44)zariaman Wrote: What is the main reason to use Directshow player for XBMC; I read through the whole post and did not find the answer?

custom Directshow filters, that's the reason.

So you can use any filter like madvr? What online resources would you recommend to read on how to change filters?
Not madvr, there was a couple of discussions about it, in this thread and last one (XBMC 11 +Dsplayer). At the end it was not possible, but u can use the rest.
For example i use LavFilter and avsplitter.
Resources, u can use the forum search engine, or also this WIKI
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=DSPlayer
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8