• 3(current)
WIP reduce context menu size by mving some option to second dialog
yep - "choose art" is a "manage" thingy
What i forgot to mention was after you hit "manage.." and you select one of the options and then hit back it closes the dialog.
would it be preferable to go back to the "manage.." list? now you need to open the context menu again and select manage if you accidental choose the wrong one. Not a mayor issue but might a nice to have thingy.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I posted an initial pull request of my current work, see PR3017. It's not complete yet but I'd like to get as much feedback/review as possible (and maybe even get it merged) before I start looking at the more complex things like "Choose art", "Remove from library" etc. With the work from PR3017 the usual context menu is already a lot shorter and only contains context-aware items (on an item level).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I've been meaning to ask this, but since my compile-fu is not so great, how possible would it be for a team member such as myself to coax Jenkins to make test builds for specific PRs, in order to help with stuff like this? (yes, I know, I should try to learn how to properly compile :) )
I suggest building from his branch (not the PR) and only for the platform you need. So you can turn on upload for that custom build and it will upload it to the testbuilds on the mirror.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-07-31, 11:35)Memphiz Wrote: I suggest building from his branch (not the PR) and only for the platform you need. So you can turn on upload for that custom build and it will upload it to the testbuilds on the mirror.

NedScott hasn't got github rights so he can't build it anyway Smile
Either we give him access or he needs to bug some one of us to build it. I started one for him yesterday to use.
Ohh right Smile - then the "bug someone" approach is the right thing which even seems to work quiet well :p
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Some thoughts:

It's watched/unwatched doesn't really strike me as a "manage" thing, while "scan for new content" does seem like a "manage" thing. I don't feel strongly about that, though.

I don't suppose we could also include "choose art" and "refresh" (from the info movie/show info window) in the manage sub-menu? It's always bothered me that those where in separate areas. Maybe also make a "manage" button in the info window for consistency? EDIT: I just realized we talked about this before. Still, I'd really like to see these grouped together for easy access.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I'm not quite sure how to get to the "now playing" playlist anymore, outside of keyboard commands. A non-saved playlist doesn't show up in the playlist node. Maybe put a "Queued items" (never liked how it was called "Now Playing") button in the sidebar menu, like how the "Update library" is there too?

In any case, awesome work, and I'm loving the direction this is going in.
(2013-08-15, 04:45)Ned Scott Wrote: It's watched/unwatched doesn't really strike me as a "manage" thing, while "scan for new content" does seem like a "manage" thing. I don't feel strongly about that, though.
I wasn't sure about watched/unwatched either but it changes the metadata of the item like all the other options that were moved to "manage". I always use the "W" key anyway to mark something watched so I never use it in the context menu. But I could see this a special case so I'm open for a discussion on it.
"scan for new content" should only be visible for tvshows (where it should be part of the "manage" sub-menu) and in the files list where there is no "manage" option.

(2013-08-15, 04:45)Ned Scott Wrote: I don't suppose we could also include "choose art" and "refresh" (from the info movie/show info window) in the manage sub-menu? It's always bothered me that those where in separate areas. Maybe also make a "manage" button in the info window for consistency? EDIT: I just realized we talked about this before. Still, I'd really like to see these grouped together for easy access.
As mentioned I wanted to get a first chunk in because "choose art" has a lot of different logic depending on the type of item and moving/refactoring all that logic without breaking it will be challenging (especially because I don't know much about our artwork handling/caching). My idea is to provide a button for the "manage" context-menu in the info window for consistency but I haven't implemented it yet.

(2013-08-15, 04:45)Ned Scott Wrote: Maybe I'm missing it, but I'm not quite sure how to get to the "now playing" playlist anymore, outside of keyboard commands. A non-saved playlist doesn't show up in the playlist node. Maybe put a "Queued items" (never liked how it was called "Now Playing") button in the sidebar menu, like how the "Update library" is there too?
Doesn't it show up in the sidebar? I moved it there below the player controls (and below the "Fullscreen" button). I agree that "Now playing" is a confusing name for the current playlist because "Now playing" only references the currently playing item and not the list of playing/queued items in total.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2013-08-15, 08:07)Montellese Wrote:
(2013-08-15, 04:45)Ned Scott Wrote: Maybe I'm missing it, but I'm not quite sure how to get to the "now playing" playlist anymore, outside of keyboard commands. A non-saved playlist doesn't show up in the playlist node. Maybe put a "Queued items" (never liked how it was called "Now Playing") button in the sidebar menu, like how the "Update library" is there too?
Doesn't it show up in the sidebar? I moved it there below the player controls (and below the "Fullscreen" button). I agree that "Now playing" is a confusing name for the current playlist because "Now playing" only references the currently playing item and not the list of playing/queued items in total.

I tried it again, and it seems to only show up if video is playing in the background. Maybe a permeant button on the sidebar? Would be nice since it would expose the playlist feature to a lot of people who didn't even know it was there.
Do you know if behaves any different than before. IIRC I used the exact same conditions to show/hide the button in the sidebar as it was used in the context menu but I'll double check that.
"Now Playing" in the context menu shows in 12.2 whenever something is queued, even if nothing is playing. At least for videos. Very handy for simply making playlists, since you don't have to play them to access the save option, change order, etc.
should "remove from library" also moved to "manage.."?
seems better better place for it
I don't remember if I already moved that one or if it would have required some larger code refactoring (like Choose art).
scan for new content is more than just scan this source. it also gave access to 'scan just this tvshow', 'scan just movies'. and it ignores hashes, as opposed to update library, which always use the hashes.

now it's seriously nuitered since it's only available on files/directories. bring it back please.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reduce context menu size by mving some option to second dialog0