• 4(current)
[Archive] Arctic
(2013-08-14, 13:21)Hetfiled Wrote: hello...
I installed today this skin.. and it is very amazing

but I saw that this skin creates some artifact on the border of screen.. flickering or something like that
very annoying

thank you for your work

yes i noticed this as well

(2013-08-13, 11:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: Where abouts do you mean? Are you talking about under the profile name on the homescreen? I was actually thinking about changing it to an episode count anyway.

here

in addition to protocol77's request, can we even it out by increasing the profile picture size slightly and adding the following:

total movies
movie sets

total tv shows
episode count

total artist (or album count)
total song count

----------

i have also noticed the flicker on the bottom half of the screen. this happens most noticeably during video playback (happens sporadically) and every once and a while when browsing lists of movies or tv shows.
Hi Jurialmunkey, i have a request for the best skin I never knew I wanted, I'm not desperate as I am pretty damn happy with it as it is.

Mouse support would be nice, with mouse over support on the main screen. Also, something that hasn't been done on other skins is a sensor at the bottom and top of screen in movie view that scrolls automatically. There is support for left and right on aeon not, but not in the views.

Also, Ace's right view would be nice as well, maybe with and Arctic flavour.

Once again, I am not desperate, and my wife is having a xbromance with your skin, so take your time and stay smiling :-)
Finally got to update the skin again, congrats on getting added to the WIP section and repo. Is there anyway to bring Games back to the main home menu again without editing files? It disappeared with what looks like 0.3.0. I've tried adding various Paths to replace Pictures. However none will open right to Games section of advanced launcher. Am I missing something when it comes to these paths for custom.

Previous Path from backup: plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?8a3c1297865684d5250a4ba4b3e118e0

Tried:
plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?8a3c1297865684d5250a4ba4b3e118e0
plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?8a3c1297865684d5250a4ba4b3e118e0
(2013-08-13, 16:44)ferent Wrote: Thanks!! only one thing. It's possible to allow the thumbnails title to be scrolabe? Or better, to show the tittle of the selected thumbnail at the botton or at the top of the skin? Big GrinBig Grin
For some reason xbmc just wont scroll the label and I can't figure out why. I set it to scroll and it looks like it should (its cut off rather than showing the "..." ), but it just doesn't move. I'll let you know if I manage to get it working.

(2013-08-13, 17:49)bakito Wrote: hello, great skin so far, I think I found a bug, in some menu ( like advanced launchers one ) landscape view does not display fanart but cover which show a weird thing...
Also one small request, could you add a square shape wall ( or poster ) view? because for some game box ( dreamcast by example) the "dvd" shape does not work well...
Yeah the advance launcher section needs a bit of an overhaul in general. Fanart is probably the better option for landscape view - most of my roms are Super NES which have the horizontal box art, but I guess most other consoles have vertical art, so fanart would make more sense really -- I'll change it when I get a chance. In the latest git I've added the thumbnail view to advanced launcher (I really don't know why I didn't before...), so that will give you squares.

(2013-08-14, 09:37)magico77 Wrote: My idea is to add a green dot for the films that have more than one language available that says "audio track available."
Unfortunately, as far as I can tell its simply not possible. Video info uses black's script to show the available language flags, but that needs a DBID to be passed to it and there is only ListItem.DBID not Player.DBID so it simply won't work for the currently playing video.

(2013-08-14, 12:41)hfmls Wrote: OMG pvr skin is awesome!!
Thanks Big Grin

(2013-08-14, 13:21)Hetfiled Wrote: but I saw that this skin creates some artifact on the border of screen.. flickering or something like that
very annoying

(2013-08-14, 20:48)el_cabong Wrote: i have also noticed the flicker on the bottom half of the screen. this happens most noticeably during video playback (happens sporadically) and every once and a while when browsing lists of movies or tv shows.
Strange. This just doesn't happen for me. Is it just a one pixel line sort of flicker at the bottom? I'm wondering if it has something to do with HDMI, because I output to my TV via VGA (my TV wont accept a separate audio source with HDMI - the audio has to come through HDMI and I just don't have any way to do that).

el_cabong can you try with the latest git? I made a few minor changes to the way the background is drawn which might fix it, but its really hard to tell when I can't reproduce the issue myself. I'm really not sure what it would be otherwise. The only other thing I can think is changing overscan settings slightly.

(2013-08-14, 20:48)el_cabong Wrote: in addition to protocol77's request, can we even it out by increasing the profile picture size slightly.
I see what you are suggesting, but I can't really change the size because it has to align properly with the now playing info on the right hand side. However, what I was thinking of doing was extending the info length. So all on the one line it would be:
## TvShows - ## Episodes (## Unwatched) etc.

(2013-08-14, 23:34)Stantor Wrote: Hi Jurialmunkey, i have a request for the best skin I never knew I wanted, I'm not desperate as I am pretty damn happy with it as it is.

Mouse support would be nice, with mouse over support on the main screen. Also, something that hasn't been done on other skins is a sensor at the bottom and top of screen in movie view that scrolls automatically. There is support for left and right on aeon not, but not in the views.

Also, Ace's right view would be nice as well, maybe with and Arctic flavour.
Once again, I am not desperate, and my wife is having a xbromance with your skin, so take your time and stay smiling :-)
Thanks Blush

Now that the simple and panel homescreens use the same menu, it might be possible to add mouse support. It might be a while off yet though (and I'm not entirely sure if its possible without compromising other elements of the home screen). One of the main reasons it isn't currently supported is that I don't have the time to ensure that it works for everything or that it isn't broken whenever I add something new so it's simply easier to say that it isn't supported. I'm a bit of a purist in that I only use a remote to interact with xbmc, so the only design criteria I set for myself is to ensure that all navigation can be achieved with just a remote. That said, I would like to get mouse support working properly eventually Smile

I'll have to have another look at Ace to see what view you mean, I haven't used it in quite a while. However, there are a few other things that have priority over adding new views - for instance, I want to make it so that any widget can be set for any category.

(2013-08-15, 01:13)pentaflake Wrote: Finally got to update the skin again, congrats on getting added to the WIP section and repo. Is there anyway to bring Games back to the main home menu again without editing files? It disappeared with what looks like 0.3.0. I've tried adding various Paths to replace Pictures. However none will open right to Games section of advanced launcher. Am I missing something when it comes to these paths for custom.

The best way to do it is to go into advanced launcher, find the games path you want then open the context menu (C on a keyboard) and add it to your favourites. Then when customising the category, set the type to "favourite" and choose the favourite you just set.

Also, if you are running the git version make sure you update to the latest because I accidentally introduced a bug in 0.3.1 where the favourites selection dialog was hidden by the icon selection dialog, thus making it impossible to see what you are choosing (this is fixed in 0.3.2 - latest from git). It shouldn't be a problem with the repo version, as that is still 0.3.0 I'm pretty sure and the icon selection dialog doesn't automatically pop up in that version.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2013-08-15, 04:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: The best way to do it is to go into advanced launcher, find the games path you want then open the context menu (C on a keyboard) and add it to your favourites. Then when customising the category, set the type to "favourite" and choose the favourite you just set.

Awesome, I was making that way harder than it needed to be.

On the Sub Menu customs, if you click the path option it will open the chooser (assuming favorites was used) for the path and then open the icon picker dialogue. However your controlled window is the path one leaving you unable to see what you are picking as the icon window was on top. This also occurs with say custom as type it, you can just see the keyboard to type. However as soon as you close the keyboard the icon picker dialogue will show.

I'm running the latest git.
(2013-08-15, 05:50)pentaflake Wrote: On the Sub Menu customs, if you click the path option it will open the chooser (assuming favorites was used) for the path and then open the icon picker dialogue. However your controlled window is the path one leaving you unable to see what you are picking as the icon window was on top. This also occurs with say custom as type it, you can just see the keyboard to type. However as soon as you close the keyboard the icon picker dialogue will show.

I'm running the latest git.
Can you double check that you are running 0.3.2 and not 0.3.1 ('Settings > Appearance' then click on Skin so you can see the version number). Because I'm pretty sure I fixed that problem with icon selection hiding the other dialog (it certainly doesn't happen any more for me). The icon select should only pop-up after you have selected the favourite etc. (it might flash up briefly, but then should be hidden). Does it only happen on specific tiles? (perhaps I just missed something for one or two of them)
(2013-08-15, 04:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: For some reason xbmc just wont scroll the label and I can't figure out why. I set it to scroll and it looks like it should (its cut off rather than showing the "..." ), but it just doesn't move. I'll let you know if I manage to get it working.

Have you tried wrapping a group around the label control? I think that's how I've got it to scroll before when it wasn't playing.

Thanks for your work jurial!
Cheers
jurialmunkey, you can add "Year", "Actors" and "Studio" default submenú for movies? and add 3D icon.
Thanks
Hiya, this skin is the skin as far as I'm concerned but I'm having a little trouble finding a way to change profile.

On many other skins you're able to press like exit and a short menu comes up with exit, reboot, suspend etc. After you've added a new profile a "log off Master user" or whatever is added to that menu.

I don't want to use a login screen everytime I start xbmc so an option to switch profiles "within xbmc" would be great Smile

thanks
(2013-08-15, 04:42)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-14, 13:21)Hetfiled Wrote: but I saw that this skin creates some artifact on the border of screen.. flickering or something like that
very annoying

(2013-08-14, 20:48)el_cabong Wrote: i have also noticed the flicker on the bottom half of the screen. this happens most noticeably during video playback (happens sporadically) and every once and a while when browsing lists of movies or tv shows.
Strange. This just doesn't happen for me. Is it just a one pixel line sort of flicker at the bottom? I'm wondering if it has something to do with HDMI, because I output to my TV via VGA (my TV wont accept a separate audio source with HDMI - the audio has to come through HDMI and I just don't have any way to do that).

el_cabong can you try with the latest git? I made a few minor changes to the way the background is drawn which might fix it, but its really hard to tell when I can't reproduce the issue myself. I'm really not sure what it would be otherwise. The only other thing I can think is changing overscan settings slightly.

(2013-08-14, 20:48)el_cabong Wrote: in addition to protocol77's request, can we even it out by increasing the profile picture size slightly.
I see what you are suggesting, but I can't really change the size because it has to align properly with the now playing info on the right hand side. However, what I was thinking of doing was extending the info length. So all on the one line it would be:
## TvShows - ## Episodes (## Unwatched) etc.

il let you know if/when i see the flicker. actually, as of 2 or 3 git pulls ago, it seems to have stopped, but il let you know if I notice it with specific content or under certain circumstances. for me, i noticed it mostly on my xios box connected with hdmi (lower powered and hdmi, may be why your not seeing it). the flicker for me is more than a line or pixel, its about the size of the bottom 1/3 of the screen, only happens for a split second when it does show.

my only concern with having the numbers in a horizontal line is that the line will extend almost to the middle of the screen, especially with movies, lets say you have 1000+ movies, the ## will double to #### adding more characters horizontally and it may look uneven when there is no scanning/stuff is hidden in the upper right.

(2013-08-15, 20:28)nozomi Wrote: Hiya, this skin is the skin as far as I'm concerned but I'm having a little trouble finding a way to change profile.

On many other skins you're able to press like exit and a short menu comes up with exit, reboot, suspend etc. After you've added a new profile a "log off Master user" or whatever is added to that menu.

I don't want to use a login screen everytime I start xbmc so an option to switch profiles "within xbmc" would be great Smile

thanks

if you press 's' or have a remote button mapped to the power key (or settings button) the left menu that slides out has an option to logoff the current user (its near the bottom).

you can also add the option to switch profiles in a custom menu item, check this out: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129170
(2013-08-15, 20:45)el_cabong Wrote: if you press 's' or have a remote button mapped to the power key (or settings button) the left menu that slides out has an option to logoff the current user (its near the bottom).

you can also add the option to switch profiles in a custom menu item, check this out: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129170

Thanks! I created a custom keymap when I got Flirc and I'm using 's' as a shortcut to shut down xbmc immediately. A custom menu item to switch profiles fits me perfectly.

Thanks!
Hi jurialmunkey,

let me start by saying how much I'm enjoying this skin. A great job and I hope it keeps getting better and better.

Anyway, I found a little bug in Reel view mode while browsing episodes from a tv show.

If I quickly press "right, right again and then left" , something weird happens and the episode thumbnail disappears. It looks something like this:

When it should look like this:

Wink
(2013-08-15, 10:24)Eddage Wrote: Have you tried wrapping a group around the label control? I think that's how I've got it to scroll before when it wasn't playing.
Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately still no luck. I'm really confused about why it doesn't want to scroll - usually its the other way around: things scrolling when you don't want them to.
Edit: The error was between the keyboard and the chair (i.e. me). I had accidentally missed the shift key elsewhere in the code and so had typed an "=" when I meant to type a "+". However, I'm surprised the view was working at all as xbmc usually just refuses to show anything with those sorts of errors.

(2013-08-15, 13:31)PatOso Wrote: jurialmunkey, you can add "Year", "Actors" and "Studio" default submenú for movies? and add 3D icon.
Thanks
Done - check latest git. Actors = submenu tile 7; Years = 8; Studios = 9. Just reset those to default. Also added Saste's 3d icon to extras/icons - that's what you meant right?

(2013-08-14, 20:48)el_cabong Wrote: il let you know if/when i see the flicker. actually, as of 2 or 3 git pulls ago, it seems to have stopped, but il let you know if I notice it with specific content or under certain circumstances. for me, i noticed it mostly on my xios box connected with hdmi (lower powered and hdmi, may be why your not seeing it). the flicker for me is more than a line or pixel, its about the size of the bottom 1/3 of the screen, only happens for a split second when it does show.

my only concern with having the numbers in a horizontal line is that the line will extend almost to the middle of the screen, especially with movies, lets say you have 1000+ movies, the ## will double to #### adding more characters horizontally and it may look uneven when there is no scanning/stuff is hidden in the upper right.
Strange. I'm glad its not happening for the time being. If it is the bottom third of the screen perhaps it has something to do with the floor fade overlay.

Yeah I know what you mean about the length of the profile sub label looking uneven. I'm going to have a little play around with it and see what I can come up with. The other option is to have the label switch every few seconds, but I don't really like that idea because its annoying waiting for it to change. I like having the information I'm looking for in a static position - its the main reason why I made the home screen menus static rather than scroll like confluence or aeon does.

(2013-08-16, 02:20)lysin Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey,
let me start by saying how much I'm enjoying this skin. A great job and I hope it keeps getting better and better.

Anyway, I found a little bug in Reel view mode while browsing episodes from a tv show.
If I quickly press "right, right again and then left" , something weird happens and the episode thumbnail disappears. It looks something like this:
Thanks Blush

Yeah, I've known about that issue with the Reel for a while. Unfortunately, I think it needs to be entirely rewritten to fix it and ensure the animation stays smooth. I'm going to have another look at it today, because I've got some free time this afternoon, so hopefully I can get it fixed properly.

**Edit: I'm pretty sure I've fixed it and it actually wasn't very difficult - I don't know why I had so much trouble last time I tried (fix is in the latest from git, will update to wip repo over the weekend). The scrolling animation when you fast scroll (hold down a direction rather than just press) still isn't that great, but I don't think there is much I can do about that.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24