• 31(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
its pretty nice for me, as long as the media source is solid everything runs well for me on the master. whenever i have issues i just delete the cache folder. i vote you go right on ahead.

to gjw: "m" will bring up the osd for the audio icon. auto muting happens between channel changes and shouldn't affect you, if you stay muted use "+" to increase the volume.
[quote='Lunatixz' pid='1486710' dateline='1376801328']

[quote]On my end, All channel types are working... I corrected url encoding problems, and playlist limits that were cutting off links... I added a youtube/rss media limit to speed up startup, and removed force reset rules for everything but LiveTV...
is there anything elseHuh
[/quote]

The only thing I can think of is some way of returning to a default working channel when you select a non working stream. Just so PTVL does not shut down, perhaps thats what you meant with "removed forced reset rules for everything but live LiveTV"

Anyway really enjoying tinkering with channel set up! I haven't looked very hard but does this version support the weather icons in the upper left corner I've seen them on some screen shots but all I've got is the "F". no biggie just wondering.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
@nerdmastax:
Muting: OK, I get it. When I select a "new" channel to go to, AutoMute kicks in till the new channel is playing - at least that's what's happening with live internet streams (haven't set up any local content yet).

OSD: hmmm, the display you describe is not what I mean. When I play a video in the usual way, hitting "O" on the keyboard shows the technical stats for audio/video/codecs/buffering, etc. Like this http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Codecinfo

I can't seem to get that from within PTVL. Not the end of the world, but I'm curious to know what the details are for the various streams coming in the door.

Is there a Guide from PTV that would be useful to read ?

Thanks.

BTW, is there anything to be done about buffering delays ?
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2013-08-18, 08:51)shess757 Wrote: [quote='Lunatixz' pid='1486710' dateline='1376801328']

Quote:On my end, All channel types are working... I corrected url encoding problems, and playlist limits that were cutting off links... I added a youtube/rss media limit to speed up startup, and removed force reset rules for everything but LiveTV...
is there anything elseHuh

The only thing I can think of is some way of returning to a default working channel when you select a non working stream. Just so PTVL does not shut down, perhaps thats what you meant with "removed forced reset rules for everything but live LiveTV"

Anyway really enjoying tinkering with channel set up! I haven't looked very hard but does this version support the weather icons in the upper left corner I've seen them on some screen shots but all I've got is the "F". no biggie just wondering.

Error handling will be added once I come up with the best overall solution.... weather icon should come up, check your weather settings...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
well thought id give it a go again, unfortunatly, the same thing happens: stable works with 2 youtube channels showing up and i can switch between them both, but once i delet cache folder, and replace the settings2, my xbmc says waiting for channel to loc, and peruses thru them lightning fast and i see setting rule 1 for a quick flash, and then it crashes... man i cannot for the life of me get this to work on my mac...
started this and it crashed XBMC
now the mute has come on
a red speaker on the top RHS of screen
and I have NO VOLUME
how do I reset volume
take mute off
thanks
Improvements/Suggestions

1. Can these two plugins be supported in PseudoTV Live, plugin.video.ntv & TVGuide
This is a link TVGuide parses to play ntv - plugin://plugin.video.ntv/?url=url&mode=200&name=BBC One&iconimage=http://www.ntv.mx/res/content/tv/4.png&cat=4&date=None&description=None&startDate=None&endDate=None&recordname=None & alternative streaming method is selected in the addons settings, the links are stored in TVGuide's addon.ini file.

2. Dead stream issue, a dead stream automatically gets played next time you open PseudoTV Live instead of a default or no stream.

3. Anyway to show codec info & xbmc menu by pressing 'i' & 'o', since 'i' is replaced by PseudoTV live's menu?

4. Updating EPG from your own XMLTV file by making use of http://www.radiotimes.com
(2013-08-18, 13:31)costas Wrote: started this and it crashed XBMC
now the mute has come on
a red speaker on the top RHS of screen
and I have NO VOLUME
how do I reset volume
take mute off
thanks

hit "+" (plus) on the keyboard
(2013-08-18, 10:11)j2048b Wrote: well thought id give it a go again, unfortunatly, the same thing happens: stable works with 2 youtube channels showing up and i can switch between them both, but once i delet cache folder, and replace the settings2, my xbmc says waiting for channel to loc, and peruses thru them lightning fast and i see setting rule 1 for a quick flash, and then it crashes... man i cannot for the life of me get this to work on my mac...

I stated this before... I do not offer Support for shared setting2... its up to u to verify every channel in the settings to ensure its formatted and link is functioning... plus stable doesn't offer latest improvements... so some settings2 won't work!
Sorry but you should build your own... to ensure it works
(2013-08-18, 10:11)j2048b Wrote: well thought id give it a go again, unfortunatly, the same thing happens: stable works with 2 youtube channels showing up and i can switch between them both, but once i delet cache folder, and replace the settings2, my xbmc says waiting for channel to loc, and peruses thru them lightning fast and i see setting rule 1 for a quick flash, and then it crashes... man i cannot for the life of me get this to work on my mac...

if you are trying to use my settings2 you are probaly just starting on a dead channel. i gave up updating it till we have a better way of dealing with dead channels.i do have a settings plugin version that me and hellohello keep updated it has over 100 channels and they all work.but you neeed theses plugins youtube,justintv,veetle and you need to use the latest ptvl build.here is link if you want to try it. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ex20f4ppu59n027/YrvK3wJEiG
(2013-08-18, 13:50)mo123 Wrote: Improvements/Suggestions

1. Can these two plugins be supported in PseudoTV Live, plugin.video.ntv & TVGuide
This is a link TVGuide parses to play ntv - plugin://plugin.video.ntv/?url=url&mode=200&name=BBC One&iconimage=http://www.ntv.mx/res/content/tv/4.png&cat=4&date=None&description=None&startDate=None&endDate=None&recordname=None & alternative streaming method is selected in the addons settings, the links are stored in TVGuide's addon.ini file.

I just looked at the addon.ini... don't see why it wouldn't work, if you put the links from that list into chtype "9" configuration.. but I'm not adding built in support for it... that list is only available when you have that addon downloaded... not really practical.

(2013-08-18, 13:50)mo123 Wrote: 2. Dead stream issue, a dead stream automatically gets played next time you open PseudoTV Live instead of a default or no stream.

I'm working on it... but I have not found one solution that works for all types of media links... if you know of one... please let me know...

(2013-08-18, 13:50)mo123 Wrote: 3. Anyway to show codec info & xbmc menu by pressing 'i' & 'o', since 'i' is replaced by PseudoTV live's menu?
"i" and "m" should work as normal... the rest I have no idea...

(2013-08-18, 13:50)mo123 Wrote: 4. Updating EPG from your own XMLTV file by making use of http://www.radiotimes.com

XMLTV is supported... its the universal method for sharing epg info... you can find tons of parsers, programs, scripts to create xmltv files from different sources. but thats on the end users...
no planned support...
(2013-08-18, 17:14)Lunatixz Wrote:

I stated this before... I do not offer Support for shared setting2... its up to u to verify every channel in the settings to ensure its formatted and link is functioning... plus stable doesn't offer latest improvements... so some settings2 won't work!

its all good man, ill keep trying until i learn to do the code myself and do what peppy told me to do which was remove all channeles to notepad++ and add 1 at a time until it crashes then ill be able to pin point what channels are causing my issue, no sweat man! awesome program!

(2013-08-18, 17:16)scilz Wrote:

if you are trying to use my settings2 you are probaly just starting on a dead channel. i gave up updating it till we have a better way of dealing with dead channels.i do have a settings plugin version that me and hellohello keep updated it has over 100 channels and they all work.but you neeed theses plugins youtube,justintv,veetle and you need to use the latest ptvl build.here is link if you want to try it. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ex20f4ppu59n027/YrvK3wJEiG

ok cool, ill give it a shot... i do have those add ons installed so it might work, now where do i place this plugin? same folder as the settings2.xml? and just place both plugin and settings2 in the ptvl folder under ad on data and delete cache as well?

thanks scilz!
Tried plugin://plugin.video.ntv stream as source in PseudoTV Live again and stream plays for a split second and then PseudoTV Live exits, just like with a dead stream.
Here is my log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=46886 if someone can help.
Just tried filmon plugin links, same issue as above.

Tried keyboard shortcuts 'm' , thanks it works.
I just noticed when you press 'i' the xbmc menu appears for a split second in the background behind PseudoTV live menu.

It would be great if mouse scrolling can be used and channel info updated at the bottom when mouse moves over a show.

Thanks
(2013-08-18, 20:58)j2048b Wrote:
(2013-08-18, 17:14)Lunatixz Wrote:

its all good man, ill keep trying until i learn to do the code myself and do what peppy told me to do which was remove all channeles to notepad++ and add 1 at a time until it crashes then ill be able to pin point what channels are causing my issue, no sweat man! awesome program!

(2013-08-18, 17:16)scilz Wrote:

ok cool, ill give it a shot... i do have those add ons installed so it might work, now where do i place this plugin? same folder as the settings2.xml? and just place both plugin and settings2 in the ptvl folder under ad on data and delete cache as well?

thanks scilz!

both of the ones i posted are settings2 files i just named one settings2PLUGIN so ppl knew it was for plugins. if you get that one you need to rename it to settings2 you can always just take 800-999 from mine and add them to your current settings2 so you dont lose any other channels you already made.
Just wanted to mention that the Twitch.TV plugin works just fine with ptvl using the plugin:// interface.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45