• 40(current)
Archive - old posts
Same thing happening on my other pi set up
Disable recommended in settings. Reboot and recommendations are still there.
Both running raspbmc.
Sorry unable to do a pc setup.

Just tried to re select recommended and rescan and reboot. Then unselected and rebooted. Did rescan and recommendations are back again.
To be honest this is another one of those bugs I can live with so no stress especially if it's just me! Can someone explain how recommended works though? If I'm stuck with it be good to understand it and become friends :-)
Can you post a screenshot? And move focus to the one of items in the recommended shelf.
(2013-08-18, 11:20)toiva Wrote: Can you post a screenshot? And move focus to the one of items in the recommended shelf.

Another thing to try would be to power cycle RPi.

Recommended (I hate that label) are unfinished movies or unfinished and first unwatched episodes.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

@Atinkler what's version number of Amber on your RPi?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-08-18, 10:10)relyter Wrote: pecinko

On my test XBMC installation by some miracle i set list view which looks like on screenshot. I really like that view, but i cannot reproduce it anywhere else. All i got is a "normal" list with plot in the middle. It's 0.52 on 13a5. Any advice?

You are browsing files and there's no plot to show. List changes accordingly.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

if you play anything it shows on the shelf as recommended, power cycle and it disappears but returns when you play any media
(2013-08-17, 22:12)toiva Wrote:
(2013-08-16, 22:48)Atinkler Wrote: I've removed recommended and random options, rebooted but recommended TV and movies still showing up. Will they go after next scan?

Will there be an option in the future to have recommended movies only?

Cannot reproduce.

I am having the same problem, recommended never goes away.

edit: disregard, a reboot finally fixed it
(2013-08-18, 14:11)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-08-18, 11:20)toiva Wrote: Can you post a screenshot? And move focus to the one of items in the recommended shelf.

Another thing to try would be to power cycle RPi.

Recommended (I hate that label) are unfinished movies or unfinished and first unwatched episodes.

I'm on 5.2
power cycle looks like it's done the trick until I play something and then recommended is populated again

Would need to take picture on my phone but it's as you would expect. Bottom row is identical to the top row (recently added) expect with different content. Same display when changing focus to a recommendation cover.

Now I know it shouldn't display it's annoying me av little bit :-) completely the same on my other pi install.

Would need to take picture on my phone but it's as you would expect. Bottom row is identical to the top row (recently added) expect with different content. Same display when changing focus to a recommendation cover.

Now I know it shouldn't display it's annoying me av little bit :-) completely the same on my other pi install.

Edit.
Movies only has one recommend but tv had 6 not sure if anything in that?

(2013-08-18, 17:14)kanedamgm Wrote:
(2013-08-17, 22:12)toiva Wrote:
(2013-08-16, 22:48)Atinkler Wrote: I've removed recommended and random options, rebooted but recommended TV and movies still showing up. Will they go after next scan?

Will there be an option in the future to have recommended movies only?

Cannot reproduce.

I am having the same problem, recommended never goes away.

edit: disregard, a reboot finally fixed it

Can you let me know if it doesn't come back?
When you say "when you play something", you are not stopping the playback in the middle of movie? That will mark the movie as recommended.
I just played something to push the population through. Normally I just left it and it would see the recommended appear. . But yes you're probably right that is what's happened. . but still doesn't explain why the recommended are on the shelf
(2013-08-18, 15:04)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-08-18, 10:10)relyter Wrote: pecinko

On my test XBMC installation by some miracle i set list view which looks like on screenshot. I really like that view, but i cannot reproduce it anywhere else. All i got is a "normal" list with plot in the middle. It's 0.52 on 13a5. Any advice?

You are browsing files and there's no plot to show. List changes accordingly.
Yeah, i thought so, but it took me quite a long time to understand that for some reason i have to set content not only for the current folder, but also for parent. Anyway, solved now.

PS As someone already stated before in this thread "I want to change my vote". I'm using vertical home now and i like it better than horizontal.
I voted vertical because that was the wife's choice and had to go with it, I can't let her know she was right but.... She was right :-)
(2013-08-18, 19:05)Atinkler Wrote: I'm on 5.2
power cycle looks like it's done the trick until I play something and then recommended is populated again

Good thing is you are not going mad - I can reproduce it. I need to talk to Martijn about this and we probably need to wait for script update.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Mad or special. .. it's a thin line. :-) haha haha thanks for the update.
Thx a lot! Great skin for my Rpi!
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10