• 35(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
don't think we'll add a setting to split or not split subs. If there is a way to autodetect this stuff it could be added (PRs welcome ofc), but no setting that's only useful for like 2% of users with those messed subs
(2013-08-12, 17:46)baijuxavior Wrote: Now coming to your 3D version, I tested it on my nVidia system and when I play a SBS or OU movie selecting 'Hardware based' as preferred 3d mode, my TV switchesto 3D mode with message '3D signal detected', but the movie is still playing in SBS or OU. If I change the 3dmode to other options like SBS or even 2D the TV will again show 3D signal detected. I can't manually select the SBS mode in TV as it is already in 3D mode. Am I missing something here? Can this version convert SBS and OU to framepacked mode?

Thanks.
It seems that xbmc doesn't detect movie as stereo. Try this steps:
  1. If after launch xbmc the TV switched to 3D mode then press the Ctrl+Alt+T (this is system keyboard shortcut) to turn off the stereo mode.
  2. Start playback movie.
  3. Select monoscopic (2D) mode. You should see one (left) view.
  4. If after select monoscopic mode the xbmc shows movie as SBS or TAB then go to video settings and set up correct stereoscopic type of movie.
  5. Change stereo mode to hardwarebased.
They are not messed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-08-12, 20:57)afedchin Wrote:
(2013-08-12, 17:46)baijuxavior Wrote: Now coming to your 3D version, I tested it on my nVidia system and when I play a SBS or OU movie selecting 'Hardware based' as preferred 3d mode, my TV switchesto 3D mode with message '3D signal detected', but the movie is still playing in SBS or OU. If I change the 3dmode to other options like SBS or even 2D the TV will again show 3D signal detected. I can't manually select the SBS mode in TV as it is already in 3D mode. Am I missing something here? Can this version convert SBS and OU to framepacked mode?

Thanks.
It seems that xbmc doesn't detect movie as stereo. Try this steps:
  1. If after launch xbmc the TV switched to 3D mode then press the Ctrl+Alt+T (this is system keyboard shortcut) to turn off the stereo mode.
  2. Start playback movie.
  3. Select monoscopic (2D) mode. You should see one (left) view.
  4. If after select monoscopic mode the xbmc shows movie as SBS or TAB then go to video settings and set up correct stereoscopic type of movie.
  5. Change stereo mode to hardwarebased.

Hi thanks.

My system config is Windows 8 and nVidia GT520, stereoscopic support is enabled in nVidia control panel. Also all my 3D movies are properly tagged and xbmc auto-detects them as stereoscopic.

TV is not switched to 3D mode when xbmc is started. I have set 'Hardware based' as my preferred 3D mode. When selecting SBS movie, XBMC switches to hardware baed mode and notifies 'Stereoscopic mode Hardware based'. TV also displays message '3D signal detected'. But the video continues to play in SBS mode.

Also whatever 3d mode I select (SBS, OU, Hardware based or 2D), the TV shows 3D signal detected. It should do that for hardware based only. When selecting 3D to 2D mode, the movie is displayed as 2D, but TV shows 3D signal detected message.
I understood. May be issue in the my GPU drivers. I'll try update them and check again. Also need to find solution to switch off 3D VISION stereoscopic mode programmatically.
Hi afedchin,

Tested your latest build last night. Thanks for your hard work!.

Only problem I had was an intermittent black screen after 3D switch via 'Hardware Based' Intel Stereo Driver. It didn't happen consistently on any file or at any time... totally random. Here's the debug log...

http://pastebin.com/Z26EUk8f

On that occasion it's happened on the last film started on debug log ('smb://192.168.1.70/Movies3D/Movies (3D)/Titanic.disc1..full.sbs.mkv')

Also, the pause on playback when switching had no affect on the crazy screen mentioned in the below post...

(2013-07-25, 17:27)liquidskin76 Wrote: Hi afedchin,

One thing I've noticed with the way Intel switches to Stereo Mode is that it's not the smoothest or most elegant thing to look at! For example, with AMD's switching to AMD HD3D, you get a nice black screen whilst it's switching. With Intel, you a grey screen, then a black screen, then a smaller grey screen, then a flicker, etc. It's looks horrible!

Anyway, is that something you can cure with a fancy bit of coding? So you only see a plain black screen until playback starts?

Call it a job to improve the user experience!

Thanks Wink

I don't get it when using AMD hardware so maybe it's caused by Intel overlay needing to switch to a window? I also get it with Stereoscopic Player by the way.

Am I right in thinking you aren't able to do AMD HD3D integration due to not having the hardware?

Cheers Wink
@liquidskin76,
First I wanna say thanks for your feedback.
Very strange behavior with black screen. I have never had such on hardware 3d. And I don't see anything strange in the log what can help detect issue. As for crazy screens I think it is a hardware issue.
And yes I haven't ADM/ATI hardware for test it.

Second, can you help me test dxva-hd renderer on Intel platform? It may solve issue with deinterlacing in dxva. To enable dxva-hd add in as.xm following lines:
Code:
<video>
  <dxvausehdprocessor>true</dxvausehdprocessor>
</video>
and launch my lastest build of xbmc.

Thanks.

@baijuxavior,
Do you have installed NVidia 3DTV toolset?

With best regards,
Anton
(2013-08-14, 16:02)afedchin Wrote: @baijuxavior,
Do you have installed NVidia 3DTV toolset?

I don't remember installing any toolset. All I have done is installed the nVidia driver. Do we need this tool kit and where can I download it? My TV is Sony HX750.
This 3D build works very good. I do have one problem. Most likely not related to XBMC thou. My LG TV does activate 3D, but only 2D->3D conversion. I have to manually change it to SBS to get it right. I guess there's no way around this?
Hi Guys, first time poster here. I just wanted to express my gratitude for this amazing piece of work. It's incredible!

I'm using a little more uncommon setup than most in that I'm using dual projectors in a passive setup to display a full hd picture for each eye. In order to keep each projector in perfect sync, I'm stretching my desktop over 2 monitors to create a 3840x1080 desktop by using a matrox dualhead (can also be done using AMD eyefinity). By using the latest 3D build I can simply set the resolution to 3840x1080, activate the SBS mode and get 2 perfectly synced 1920x1080 pictures to each of my projectors. It even doubles up a regular 2D 1080p movie to both screens, great!

I don't know if you guys want to support a setup like this, but I do have a few small issues so I'll just list them.

- Full SBS (3840x1080) videos play perfectly, but H-SBS and regular 2D 1080p videos get their aspect ratios messed up. I can fix this by setting the pixel ratio to 2.00, but if I apply this to all videos, full sbs files now get squashed and 720p videos don't get scaled up to 1080p. I'm also assuming the regular 1080p movies now first gets squashed and then stretched back out, which would result in lower quality. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

- The option to start with SBS mode enabled was removed some versions ago because tv users have to set their tvs to 3d-mode first, but my setup is always in 3D mode, so I'd like xbmc to always have sbs mode enabled. I watch 2d by simply only turning one of the projectors on. Is there any way to make xbmc start with 3d mode on?

- I'm getting quadruple subtitles now, because my 3D movies have double subtitles muxed into the file so that they can be played on a 3840x1080 desktop with a regular player. I know it's already been said that an option to disable subtitle doubling wont be included, but I just wanted to list it anyway.

A few skinning issues (I think):

- Confluence gets the backgrounds and text right, but icons, buttons and pictures (dvd cases, banners etc) have a wrong aspect ratio and get squashed . They should be twice as wide as far as I can tell.

- Aeon Nox gets the text, icon and buttons right, but all pictures and backgrounds are somehow zoomed in, this results in backgrounds and dvd cases with people with the top of their head cut off.
(2013-08-15, 12:14)Enkhil Wrote: - The option to start with SBS mode enabled was removed some versions ago because tv users have to set their tvs to 3d-mode first, but my setup is always in 3D mode, so I'd like xbmc to always have sbs mode enabled. I watch 2d by simply only tuning one of the projectors on. Is there any way to make xbmc start with 3d mode on?

- I'm getting quadruple subtitles now, because my 3D movies have double subtitles muxed into the file so that they can be played on a 3840x1080 desktop with a regular player. I know it's already been said that an option to disable subtitle doubling wont be included, but I just wanted to list it anyway.

1. You have to edit the source code manually. Clone the xbmc github repository to your pc, edit the stereoscopicmanager.cpp file and compile using MS Visual Studio 2010.

2. It is better to get SRT files rather than waiting for a dev to comeup with a solution.
(2013-08-15, 12:14)Enkhil Wrote: - Full SBS (3840x1080) videos play perfectly, but H-SBS and regular 2D 1080p videos get their aspect ratios messed up. I can fix this by setting the pixel ratio to 2.00, but if I apply this to all videos, full sbs files now get squashed and 720p videos don't get scaled up to 1080p. I'm also assuming the regular 1080p movies now first gets squashed and then stretched back out, which would result in lower quality. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Right. Yea aspect ratio of your system will be wrongly setup in this case. I actually suspect the error is in the full sbs video's not the half one.

You need to calibrate your video resolution to have a pixel aspect ratio of 2.0 (or 0.5 can't remember). Ie, not the video's pixel aspect, but the screen's. It would seem currently this is broken in master thou.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Fixed the calibration bug in master. You should go to settings and calibrate the pixel resolution of that mode while in 3d mode to 1.0
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Note, your full SBS movies very likely have "wrong" aspect ratio setup. Mkv's should have their display ratio setup to 16:9 not the full size aspect. You can fix that up using some mkv edit program.

For wmv's I've not figure out how they store this information.

(2013-08-18, 17:59)elupus Wrote: Fixed the calibration bug in master. You should go to settings and calibrate the pixel resolution of that mode while in 3d mode to 1.0

Will compile this tonight and get back to you.

(2013-08-18, 18:01)elupus Wrote: Note, your full SBS movies very likely have "wrong" aspect ratio setup. Mkv's should have their display ratio setup to 16:9 not the full size aspect. You can fix that up using some mkv edit program.

For wmv's I've not figure out how they store this information.

Ok great, I will try that tonight. Thanks! :-)
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11