Help creating a smart playlist
okay simple question. I always watch the same series of shows on Sundays and mondays, so I want to create a smart playlist that I can just set up to play through instead of having to look through a large list in order to get what I want. I've been trying for the last hour to get it to work but haven't managed to get it right yet. So heres what I have so far:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>Show A</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">
        <value>Show A</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
        <value>0</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>2</limit>
    <order direction="ascending">episode</order>
</smartplaylist>

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>Test</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="playlist" operator="is">
        <value>Show A</value>
    </rule>
        <value>Show B</value>
    </rule>
        <value>Show C</value>
    </rule>
        <value>Show D</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

In short I create a playlist from one show and limit it to 1 or 2 episodes, plus make sure it is unwatched and the next in the series. I do that same process for all the shows I want to watch and the create a playlist to combine all of them together. What I think I should have at this stage is a small list of episodes with max 2 per series, instead I end up with a list of episodes with all the unwatched episodes.

So anyone have any ideas on what's going on or how to achieve my aim?
From the wiki regarding combining playlists:
Quote:The playlist field can be used to combine several playlists together. When playlists are combined, the <limit> and <order> tags of the included playlists are ignored; only the <order> and <limit> of the final playlist are used.
So, unfortunately, what you've setup with your playlists won't give you the results you desire.
(2013-08-18, 20:48)artrafael Wrote: From the wiki regarding combining playlists:
Quote:The playlist field can be used to combine several playlists together. When playlists are combined, the <limit> and <order> tags of the included playlists are ignored; only the <order> and <limit> of the final playlist are used.
So, unfortunately, what you've setup with your playlists won't give you the results you desire.

yeah very much noticed it didn't work >_< any idea an alternative method to get what I want?
Pseudo tv could be a solution.
Also see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166925
Post 12.
It doesn't work for streamed files.
Pseudo TV doesn't quite do what I want but is a very close second so barring any brilliant ideas I'll use that.

I do have one question though about PseudoTV. I've set it up a channel with a playlist of 4 shows (no other rules, just the whole show), on the channel I have set the following advanced options:
-Play TV shows in order
-Even show distribution
-Pause when not watching
-Only played unwatched items (I'm assuming "played" is a typo and meant "play")

The key problem is the last rule, it doesn't seem to work. So I start the channel and it's playing stuff marked as watched in the library, it's also not playing sequentially but the episodes are always incrementing (so it might play ep 1 then 2 and then 5 and then 9 and so on). Any ideas what's happening? I could go to the smart playlist and change it to only return unwatched items but I still need sequential play.
(2013-08-19, 15:13)musera Wrote: Pseudo TV doesn't quite do what I want but is a very close second so barring any brilliant ideas I'll use that.

I do have one question though about PseudoTV. I've set it up a channel with a playlist of 4 shows (no other rules, just the whole show), on the channel I have set the following advanced options:
-Play TV shows in order
-Even show distribution
-Pause when not watching
-Only played unwatched items (I'm assuming "played" is a typo and meant "play")

The key problem is the last rule, it doesn't seem to work. So I start the channel and it's playing stuff marked as watched in the library, it's also not playing sequentially but the episodes are always incrementing (so it might play ep 1 then 2 and then 5 and then 9 and so on). Any ideas what's happening? I could go to the smart playlist and change it to only return unwatched items but I still need sequential play.

Perhaps the order of the rules in important:
I am using the next:
* Only Play Unwatched Items
* Play TV Shows in Order
* Even show distribution (1 eps)
* Pause When Not Watching (probably not be needed - might actually be a bad idea)

On the moment I am testing an other script.
[WIP] LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170975
I think this script can do that you want. It can also play streamed TV shows.

If you want to make use of streamed TV shows, set the next option on:
Include episodes from unwatched tvseries.

Set filter by show:
Select the shows you want, and ready.

Press c to enter the playlist.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help creating a smart playlist0