• 8(current)
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
ok i need a hand from any of you guys can someone explain me how i can install this on a htpc running only openelec? Im a noob when it comes to mess up with linux so if you guys can explain me step by step how to do it it would be realy nice Smile
(2013-08-18, 12:46)Overdose87 Wrote: ok i need a hand from any of you guys can someone explain me how i can install this on a htpc running only openelec? Im a noob when it comes to mess up with linux so if you guys can explain me step by step how to do it it would be realy nice Smile

You can't install this on OpenELEC. Any other Linux distribution would work fine, OpenELEC is too specialized for anything like this.
hummm ok. In that case is there any solution for my situation?
So my htpc has only openelec installed and the htpc is connect to a entreprise 4 bay via usb3 and it is not a nas.
I have access to the htpc also via smb from my laptop running windows and i can also access it via FTP.

In this case should i instal other linux distribution runing aside with openelec on the htpc or should i try to do something with my laptop (this one is only connect through wi-fi).
You can install it on your laptop just fine (follow the Windows installation instructions on Github). You will obviously have to leave your laptop on if you want to use the software, but the fact that it is on a wifi link doesn't matter at all unless you use the "proxy location" feature (which is a bit exotic anyway).
Hi,

That's what i'm lookig for a while !!! Many thanks

i have some questions:

1.Can we donate for your project ? if yes, have you a link Wink
2. Did you plan to ajuste automaticaly or manually (like youtube 1080o, 720p 480, 320,..) the quality with bandwitch for smooth stream?
3. It is possible with user management to configure for each people what they can watch (all or only this and this...using checkbox) ?

thanks Wink
(2013-08-19, 02:11)nabsboss Wrote: 1.Can we donate for your project ? if yes, have you a link Wink
http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-08-19, 02:48)nickr Wrote:
(2013-08-19, 02:11)nabsboss Wrote: 1.Can we donate for your project ? if yes, have you a link Wink

Ok thanks Tongue
(2013-08-19, 02:11)nabsboss Wrote: Hi,

That's what i'm lookig for a while !!! Many thanks

i have some questions:

1.Can we donate for your project ? if yes, have you a link Wink
2. Did you plan to ajuste automaticaly or manually (like youtube 1080o, 720p 480, 320,..) the quality with bandwitch for smooth stream?
3. It is possible with user management to configure for each people what they can watch (all or only this and this...using checkbox) ?

thanks Wink

1. If you mean donate to me then no, I have no link, at least not yet. Thanks though!

2. That's not possible at the moment, it just streams whatever is in your library with no transcoding in between. I looked at transcoding for a while but it's not that easy to implement.

3. How would you like this to work?

(2013-08-19, 02:48)nickr Wrote:

AFAICT he meant donating to this project (XBMC Video Server), but no harm in giving some money to XBMC either way Smile
Oh OK - ummm not sure how I feel about that as I am not sure how much you are leveraging off the existing XBMC code.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
hi again. I got a problem and need help guys.
I just did the instalation on windows 7 and i followed the steps until .\src\protected\yiic createinitialdatabase
When i put that i get an error:
PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\xbmc-video-server\src\protected/../../vendor/yiisoft/yii/framework/yiic.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\yiic.php on line 7
actualy when i try to run Apache i get this error:
Problem detected!
13:43:30 [Apache] Port 80 in use by "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" with PID 1876!
13:43:30 [Apache] Apache WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
13:43:30 [Apache] You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
13:43:30 [Apache] or reconfigure Apache and the Control Panel to listen on a different port
13:43:30 [Apache] Problem detected!
13:43:30 [Apache] Port 443 in use by "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pando Networks\Media Booster\PMB.exe" with PID 3648!
13:43:30 [Apache] You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
13:43:30 [Apache] or reconfigure Apache and the Control Panel to listen on a different port
Status change detected: stopped
13:29:32 [Apache] Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly.
13:29:32 [Apache] This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies,
13:29:32 [Apache] improper privileges, a crash, or a shutdown by another method.
13:29:32 [Apache] Press the Logs button to view error logs and check
13:29:32 [Apache] the Windows Event Viewer for more clues
13:29:32 [Apache] If you need more help, copy and post this
13:29:32 [Apache] entire log window on the forums
(2013-08-19, 09:36)nickr Wrote: Oh OK - ummm not sure how I feel about that as I am not sure how much you are leveraging off the existing XBMC code.

Well, the application is just an interface to XBMC so it wouldn't be able to do anything without "leveraging off the existing XBMC code".

(2013-08-19, 14:18)Overdose87 Wrote: hi again. I got a problem and need help guys.
I just did the instalation on windows 7 and i followed the steps until .\src\protected\yiic createinitialdatabase
When i put that i get an error:
PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\xbmc-video-server\src\protected/../../vendor/yiisoft/yii/framework/yiic.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\yiic.php on line 7

It seems you have an extra "xbmc-video-server" directory that shouldn't be there. Did you follow the instructions precisely? For example:

C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\yiic.php <-- incorrect
C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\yiic.php <-- correct

(2013-08-19, 14:29)Overdose87 Wrote: actualy when i try to run Apache i get this error:
Problem detected!
13:43:30 [Apache] Port 80 in use by "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" with PID 1876!
13:43:30 [Apache] Problem detected!
13:43:30 [Apache] Port 443 in use by "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pando Networks\Media Booster\PMB.exe" with PID 3648!
Status change detected: stopped
13:29:32 [Apache] Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly.
13:29:32 [Apache] This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies,
13:29:32 [Apache] improper privileges, a crash, or a shutdown by another method.
13:29:32 [Apache] Press the Logs button to view error logs and check
13:29:32 [Apache] the Windows Event Viewer for more clues
13:29:32 [Apache] If you need more help, copy and post this
13:29:32 [Apache] entire log window on the forums

That is because you have Skype installed which blocks port 80 and you have Media Booster installed too which blocks port 443. You will either have to change the port Apache is listening on (see this guide) or install XBMC Video Server on another machine. You could also uninstall Skype and Media Booster but I guess that is not an option.

A forth option is to open Skype, go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Connection and uncheck "Use port 80 and 443 as alternative for incoming connections". Unless you're using Skype on locked down corporate networks you shouldn't need that option.
thanks
i got the apache to run but i still got this error when i put .\src\protected\yiic createinitialdatabase

Overdose@OVERDOSE-PC c:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server
# .\src\protected\yiic createinitialdatabase

Warning: require_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected/../../vend
or/yiisoft/yii/framework/yiic.php): failed to open stream: No such file or direc
tory in C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\yiic.php on line 7

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video
-server\src\protected/../../vendor/yiisoft/yii/framework/yiic.php' (include_path
='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\yiic.
php on line 7

#

I followed all the steps exactly dont know why i'm getting this Confused
ok when i put the composer install i get this

# composer install
Loading composer repositories with package information
Installing dependencies (including require-dev) from lock file
Warning: The lock file is not up to date with the latest changes in composer.jso
n. You may be getting outdated dependencies. Run update to update them.
- Installing zendframework/zend-stdlib (2.2.2)

[RuntimeException]
You must enable the openssl extension to download files via https

install [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--dry-run] [--dev] [--no-dev] [--no-c
ustom-installers] [--no-scripts] [--no-progress] [-v|vv|vvv|--verbose] [-o|--opt
imize-autoloader]
(2013-08-19, 15:08)Overdose87 Wrote: thanks
i got the apache to run but i still got this error when i put .\src\protected\yiic createinitialdatabase

# .\src\protected\yiic createinitialdatabase

Warning: require_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected/../../vend
or/yiisoft/yii/framework/yiic.php): failed to open stream: No such file or direc
tory in C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\yiic.php on line 7

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video
-server\src\protected/../../vendor/yiisoft/yii/framework/yiic.php' (include_path
='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\yiic.
php on line 7

#

I followed all the steps exactly dont know why i'm getting this Confused

Obviously you didn't, you seem to have skipped step 3.

Overdose87 Wrote:ok when i put the composer install i get this

# composer install
Loading composer repositories with package information
Installing dependencies (including require-dev) from lock file
Warning: The lock file is not up to date with the latest changes in composer.jso
n. You may be getting outdated dependencies. Run update to update them.
- Installing zendframework/zend-stdlib (2.2.2)

[RuntimeException]
You must enable the openssl extension to download files via https

You skipped step 2 in the installation guide.

Everyone please, follow the guide exactly, there's a reason behind every step in it - no step can be skipped and no step can be done differently if you want things to work!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9