• 106(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2013-08-21, 06:47)capfuturo Wrote: MilhouseVH,

Why are you quoting me to give your input? My post and your statement are not connected. I have answered the OP's question which is what is the naming convention that will work with XBMC if artwork is manually placed in the folder. You are stating a particular naming convention that won't work with AD; totally unrelated.

Do not quote any excerpts of my posts to make your contribution if you are not going to set yours within context; it misleads the nature and purpose of my input, and potentially confuses the readers.

CF

This is the Artwrk Downloader thread is it not? I'm just making it clear that some of the naming conventions you listed are not supported by the addon in whose thread you posted. Calm down.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Yes, calm down.

Artwork Downloader will take, as input, only poster.jpg and fanart.jpg. But, when you export your library, XBMC will export <movie>-poster.jpg and <movie>-fanart.jpg. This is the confusion.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Can you specify what is the post # in which someone has spoken specifically about the confusion you refer to? If there is one, why don't you quote that post and answer properly with the purpose to help that someone. What are you talking about on your last post? Going around posting true statements including excerpts from someone else's post that are unrelated to your statement and that in no way help the line of progression of a thread or has a logic with regards to someone else's input isn't a proper way to interact. Should you must list true facts about anything do it as a stand-alone post from yourself; don't use me on your train of thought.

There is no confusion whatsoever but the one you are generating. The two of you 'Posting Freaks' go back a few post and read what the exchange has been before posting redundant information quoting others statements to make them look as if they missed something, just to say again what we all know is true and me and other users have posted in the last 3 pages (have a read please from page 155 on) and see how your statements have been previously input not once but a few times in connection with the line of the thread.

I was contacted by XBMC team asking me to visit the forum more often to interact and help. However, I am not visiting the forum to be chosen for having a go by people like you. I am comitted to help others and have nothing to calm down about. Be a bit more serious and resonable on the forum, and stop your personal remarks about me right here. Period end of story.

CF
@capfuturo

I don't know what your problem is but afaic MilhouseVH has made a valid remark and i am on his side for this one.

If you feel stepped on your toes because he made a remark that made it more clear then the problem is all on your side.

Quote:I was contacted by XBMC team asking me to visit the forum more often to interact and help.
i don't know who you are and who contacted you but if you are this easily pissed off about a valid point then i am inclined to ask to keep calm as there will be others who in other cases will definitely piss you off then and things will go from bad to worse.
There are already way to much posts about this small and valid clarification that you blow way out of proportion.
Besides reporting these posts will get you no where.

sorry for being bluntly honest (and in all likely hood offend you)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi

Did this question get answered? Sorry if I missed it.

Many thanks.

(2013-07-24, 15:34)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-07-24, 15:04)tinybutstrong Wrote: Martijn, can you give us a proper response about the poster and fanart download question?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1456171

Don't think the suggestion by cw-kid to overwriting files is the correct way: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1456799

Why these files are not copied to movie folder like all other media (logo, artwork, etc.)? And the possibility to make it possible in the next version.

+1

I would love to know how to get AD to download Poster.jpg and Fanart.jpg in to each movies folder?

I can only get it to download poster images if I turn on that Overwrite setting first before running AD. I don't think fanart downloads at all for me with AD, need to test again I forget now.

Thanks.
Martijn,

I consider your points of view regarding this and respect them and will try not to get offended. I have the right to report whatever I consider inappropriate and that is on my chest not yours; it is a way to feedback not to get somewhere, that is all. I absolutely don't agree with what was posted and I believe it is OK if we disagree on that, right? I have been very clear on what is the issue and won't elaborate any longer on it though.

I don't consider proper to refer to me as whether I am "pissed off" or "that will get you nowhere", or like your defendants have mentioned, "calm down". That offends me certainly. However, your "keep calm" is welcomed; it is small difference but means a lot better to me. Thanks.

It is all certainly unfortunate and I am leaving it here since I don't believe in such ways to relate to others. At the same time I thank you for unveiling your thoughts and I hope you can continue working on improving your add-ons and helping the users with questions unanswered in your threads. Best,

CF

PS: you see how a man can choose his words to make valid points about delicate matters without arrogance and without insulting others.
Hi

I am trying to use artwork downloader to apply the logo, clearart and discart images by using local files but they are not being set on the movie after a rescan. I have the files named correctly e.g "logo.png , clearart.png". I have set the "use local files" option on the artwork downloader settings and still get nothing.

Anyone know why this could be?

Thanks
Hi
I have the same problem of elnino-1900 written in the post before mine, so i'm interessed
Can I set artwork downloader to run each time I update the library?
no
Martijn,

I'm having a problem downloading art for bluray movies stored as BDMV folder structure. Extrafanart and extrathumbs download correctly, but the rest of the artwork fails. Log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=51086

The directory in question is not read only.
Please don't post snippets on the forum.
I see the problem will fix for next update
(2013-08-21, 13:04)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Did this question get answered? Sorry if I missed it.

Many thanks.

(2013-07-24, 15:34)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-07-24, 15:04)tinybutstrong Wrote: Martijn, can you give us a proper response about the poster and fanart download question?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1456171

Don't think the suggestion by cw-kid to overwriting files is the correct way: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1456799

Why these files are not copied to movie folder like all other media (logo, artwork, etc.)? And the possibility to make it possible in the next version.

+1

I would love to know how to get AD to download Poster.jpg and Fanart.jpg in to each movies folder?

I can only get it to download poster images if I turn on that Overwrite setting first before running AD. I don't think fanart downloads at all for me with AD, need to test again I forget now.

Thanks.

Not yet, Martijn still ignoring us (or just me?) for some reason. I tried to contact him by PM, but it's blocked. On XBMC.org front page there is no contact form or email info (try to click in "Contact Us" on bottom to confirm). No help on irc too. Then what can I do? Just wait for some day someone convince him to help/explain the situation.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
because no one seems to be able to properly read how to provide needed info so i simply ignore them.
i'm not going to chase some ghost and go guessing or looking in a crystal ball
(2013-08-28, 16:12)Martijn Wrote: because no one seems to be able to properly read how to provide needed info so i simply ignore them.
i'm not going to chase some ghost and go guessing or looking in a crystal ball

We also have no crystal ball. Our question isn't a bug report, since poster/fanart download seems to be unsupported by your add-on (that's our major question). Then what do you want? Debug log for what?? This is not a bug report. I honestly don't know what info you need for that question. If someone else knows, please let me know.

First post quote:

(2011-11-14, 21:33)Martijn Wrote: Bugs:
  • If anyone finds any bugs or has any suggestions please add them to issues on github or let us know here. DO NOT post parts of you debug log directly. ONLY use http://pastebin.com/ or http://paste.ubuntu.com/ and post the link together with a description of the problem.
  • How to post debug log?: Use XBMC log uploader
  • If you fail to follow this you WONT get help!

^ The orange part highlighted is what we did here, since XBMC Github Add-ons repository doesn't allow us to start new issue and, in main repository doesn't seem to be the correct location for an add-on suggestion, at least I never seem a similar request there.

https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.ar...downloader Found this url on Google, because you didn't added that to the first post.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18