• 8(current)
Shuttle XS35GT-V3 - fanless, AMD 7410m, ATOM D2700
Without wishing to the break the mould on my first post, how do you guys find the XS35GS V3 performs for general tasks, such as web browsing facebook/gmail and the like?

Daniel
(2013-06-02, 18:40)dhutch Wrote: Without wishing to the break the mould on my first post, how do you guys find the XS35GS V3 performs for general tasks, such as web browsing facebook/gmail and the like?

Daniel

With Windows 7 (4gb ram, SSD) they do perform just fine... Smile
(2013-06-02, 23:58)solamnic Wrote: With Windows 7 (4gb ram, SSD) they do perform just fine... Smile
Ok. It was a slightly leading question as I actually have one (with 4gb ram, and an ssd) and was having issues with its web browsing performance, particularly facebook/gmail et al, however after further investigation this appears to be be contained to opera... and is a somewhat know issue.

Daniel
Good to know... Smile
Sorry for reviving an old thread Smile

I use an XS35GTA-V3 with 4Gb of RAM and a 60GB SSD as HTPC, running Windows 7 (x32) with XBMC 12.2 (Frodo). I often create movie-slideshows from my pictures. Ususally, I create MP4 files with AAC audio and AVC video. when I set the video rate to 4000Kbps or more, XMBC starts dropping frames. However, 4000Kbps is still quiete low for an acceptable movie experience in 720p.

I'm planning to re-install the OS in x64, hoping that it boosts the playback performance...
Can Anyone tell me if this V3 supports WOL, I have a V1 and it doesnt and I'm looking to upgrade.
Does anyone have XBMCbuntu running on this thing? I have choppy video playback when using Linux.

Like mentioned before, Linux detects a 6430 instead of the 7410, which might be the problem.

I prefer to run Linux, does anyone have it running smoothly?

Thanks!
Hi,

Under windows x64 and x32 i have choppy playback at about 4500kbps (720p, 59.94fps).

I tried OpenElec, and then I got a few more options concerning hardware assisted decoding. Playback is fine at 8000kbps (no dropped frames) (still 720p, 59.94fps). 1080p at 23.97 is also fine. 1080p at 12000kbps and 59.94fps still has dropped frames... Maybe I should encode 1080p with different settings...

I'm thinking about recoding the 1080p to 720p (I'm more sensible to 'less fluent' images than loosing some detail. Certainly because I'm only playing back on 23-inch device).

Success!
(2013-08-24, 11:30)Assie Wrote: Does anyone have XBMCbuntu running on this thing? I have choppy video playback when using Linux.

Like mentioned before, Linux detects a 6430 instead of the 7410, which might be the problem.

I prefer to run Linux, does anyone have it running smoothly?

Thanks!

I have been fiddling with this thing, and I managed to get Openelec running, its occasionally gives me a slight stutter, and Im talking about 3 times through a whole movie,
so at this point its acceptable. I have to figure out why the configs for Openelec seems to work. the system still detects a 6430 (or something) instead of the 7410.
I did read somewhere that they renamed it, but im not sure about this.

If I manage to get XBMC running, I'll post, but for now, I might keep this config for a while Tongue
I managed to get near flawless 60 fps playback (couple dropped frames in 10 minutes or so) when running Openelec from a usb stick on this machine. But I do get a lot of dropped frames (2-4 per second) when running Frodo on this machine under win7 64bit (8GB ram, ssd). Looks like the problem are the win7 drivers ...[?]

edit:
Frustrating - the drivers on the Shuttle site were last updated a year ago. Has anybody managed to install more up-to-date drives from the AMD site? Has anyone managed to play 60 fps 720p content under Win7?
(2013-10-02, 14:45)kaczor47 Wrote: I managed to get near flawless 60 fps playback (couple dropped frames in 10 minutes or so) when running Openelec from a usb stick on this machine. But I do get a lot of dropped frames (2-4 per second) when running Frodo on this machine under win7 64bit (8GB ram, ssd). Looks like the problem are the win7 drivers ...[?]

edit:
Frustrating - the drivers on the Shuttle site were last updated a year ago. Has anybody managed to install more up-to-date drives from the AMD site? Has anyone managed to play 60 fps 720p content under Win7?

I now have Frodo running. The quirks I have;

- Sometimes it drops for a period of 2-5 seconds, what *seems* like a network interruption, the iPhone app also sometimes looses the connect (while I am IN the app)
- Sound 'crackles' when there is a lot going on, I did not boost the audio and even tried to decrease the DB's but it still does that.

FPS wise, it runs fine.

Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1

And I always patch all fixes from the Windows Update site.

I am also annoyed by the out dated drivers. I wish I could run never ones.
I hope everyone trying to run Linux on the XS35GSv3 know about the new open source drivers? It's reaching stable status (already more stable than the the previous stable driver (fglrx/AMD Catalyst 12.6) was), and rapidly approaching n00b-friendliness. Smile

If you want proper Linux and not just an XBMCbuntu-like standalone install, I can confirm that out-of-the-box Lubuntu 13.04 (64bit) works with the same drivers and setup, you don't need to use the mini.iso/netboot. Just avoid Unity, GNOME or KDE, and I believe you'll be fine.
Thumbs Up 
I've been running this for 3 years on a VESA mount on the back of my TV.
Running Win 7 32 Bit and XBMC. It does the lot with ease.

Wouldn't buy a full size PC now.

Obviously not a gaming PC but for Office based stuff and as a HTPC can't fault it.

It's Silent............ SSSShhhhhhhhhh.............
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shuttle XS35GT-V3 - fanless, AMD 7410m, ATOM D27000