• 229(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
my login error fixed using:

close xbmc
then delete USER\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube\yt-cookiejar.txt
and your done
(2013-08-22, 09:25)adelos Wrote: my login error fixed using:

close xbmc
then delete USER\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube\yt-cookiejar.txt
and your done

Didn't help on either the RPi or Windows I'm afraid.

I'm not even sure it's a problem with logging in, just displaying My Subscriptions, Favourites, etc.

On Windows, as well as deleting that cookiejar, I edited settings.xml and deleted the login_info and oauth2 lines. When I next tried, I was prompted to login and it said success but still threw up "Remote Share - Error connecting to network server" then and when I tried My Subscriptions. It hasn't recreated the login_info line, so maybe that was put there by 4.4.4 (I'm using 4.4.6 at the moment, on the PC at least).
Seems I have the same problem. It was working earlier...
(2013-08-22, 19:58)doveman2 Wrote:

close xbmc
and your done

Didn't help on either the RPi or Windows I'm afraid.

I'm not even sure it's a problem with logging in, just displaying My Subscriptions, Favourites, etc.

On Windows, as well as deleting that cookiejar, I edited settings.xml and deleted the login_info and oauth2 lines. When I next tried, I was prompted to login and it said success but still threw up "Remote Share - Error connecting to network server" then and when I tried My Subscriptions. It hasn't recreated the login_info line, so maybe that was put there by 4.4.4 (I'm using 4.4.6 at the moment, on the PC at least).

looks like we don't have same error type, i was getting a clear log in error message after using the addon for months with no issue.
first time it happened i re installed 4.4.6 but this time i just deleted that file and log in worked.
i'm running nightly 16 aug on win 8

i wonder if someone can tell us if network errors could be at the addon level

close xbmc
and your done

awesome, this worked for me.. thnx!
didn't need to close xbmc tho
Any chance of adding the ability to view/list only playlists in a channel like you can on the official website?

Thanks,
Chris.
my youtube has stopped working for the last 3 weeks or so - tried changing the .py file multiple times and its not working
tried different suggestions/tweaks but its still the same
I have attached the log - any help would be great
http://pastebin.com/xY8yVFQj
(2013-08-12, 18:56)minnepinne Wrote:
(2013-08-09, 22:15)bArrin Wrote: Hi all!

A couple of weeks ago I suddenly couldn't play any videos in the youtube addon anymore (I can play the same videos fine in my web browser) and after a few days i uninstalled the plugin and removed the folders from 'addons' and 'userdata/addon_data', and then reinstalled the plugin, hoping this would fix it. But ever after, I have been unable to sign in to use the account, I only get the 'script failed: plugin.video.youtube' error message...

Tried to roll back to 4.4.4?

I get the same problem, but I also get "Login failed" on 4.4.4. I think it has something to do with my attempt to merge my Google account with my YT account.

Now, seriously, why didn't I think of that?... Rolled back to 4.4.4 and logged right in Big Grin Even plays videos too Tongue

Thanks minnepinne Big Grin

Hope you get your login troubles fixed soon too, have you tried logging in using just your gmail prefix? Without the @gmail.com at the end? I seem to remember I had some trouble logging in back when they changed from YT login to Google login, and dropping the @gmail.com at the end of my username fixed that then, so now I always try to log in without the @gmail.com first.

/bArrin
Where I can download 4.4.4 version?
Hi,

Jumpto/seeking is almost not working for me.

If I'm trying jump to certain point, it never works, just waiting forever.

Using seeking, as long as the seeking is within the buffer, it is working OK, but when it exceeds the buffer (i.e I need to skip 20 minutes) it just get stuck on the edge of the buffer.

Any advise would be very appreciated.
If you're having problems seeing your subscriptions, favorites, etc, I have a solution.

Go to youtube in your desktop web browser, click on your name in the upper right, go to youtube settings, and select "disconnect from my google+ account". This completely fixed the issue for me.
(2013-08-25, 04:00)rodalpho Wrote: If you're having problems seeing your subscriptions, favorites, etc, I have a solution.

Go to youtube in your desktop web browser, click on your name in the upper right, go to youtube settings, and select "disconnect from my google+ account". This completely fixed the issue for me.

I don't have that option, maybe because I'm using my own domain hosted on gmail. If I sign in with a normal gmail account, under settings - Overview it does show "Link channel with Google+" so obviously that account isn't linked yet and would probably work but I need to use my domain address unfortunately.
(2013-08-11, 07:11)AuXBoX Wrote: If you want Youtube Top 100 Music Chart option use these files

YouTubeNavigation.py
and
YouTubeScraper.py

These files do not put the Top 100 Music Chart back for me. They are the same as the standard 4.4.6 files.
(2013-08-25, 12:14)Untitled_Doc Wrote:
(2013-08-11, 07:11)AuXBoX Wrote: If you want Youtube Top 100 Music Chart option use these files

YouTubeNavigation.py
and
YouTubeScraper.py

These files do not put the Top 100 Music Chart back for me. They are the same as the standard 4.4.6 files.

Oops sorry use these
YouTubeScraper.py
and
YoutubeNavigation.py
Press THANK USER if I Help
(2013-08-25, 12:25)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 12:14)Untitled_Doc Wrote:

YouTubeNavigation.py
and
YouTubeScraper.py

Oops sorry use these
YouTubeScraper.py
and
YoutubeNavigation.py

Why doesn't any one send the fix to the addon devs directly if not done already?

https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 229(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28