• 46(current)
Archive - old posts
(2013-08-23, 21:35)pecinko Wrote: Makes sense. Added option to turn it off.
You sir are a star!
Smile
Pecinko, i've found a bug related with skin widgets. A conflict between random and recommended items.

If we have both recommend and random selected in settings, when the XBMC starts, in movies will show up "random items" text, but after a skin refresh or enter in a menu the text will show up "recommend movies".

Thinks i've noticed: This only happens in movies (the rest of the menus only show up recommend items), maybe because i only have one recommend movie (dunno why?!?!),
and in the movie shelf shows up always that recommend movie at first id, and the others entries are randomized.

So there's a conflict between random and recommend, it's not a serious one and does not break anything i think. But maybe you really have to make that option to choose between random and recommend to have so you can have flags to stop this conflict.

As a said before, maybe you can had and option in settings per submenu where you can only chose an option, and depending on the flags you want to add the options can
be: NONE, NEWEST, RECOMMENDED and RANDOM, and if you still want to have the option to have two shelfs per submenu, maybe you can add other mixed options like LATEST and RANDOM... at the same time. Just see the picture to get my idea:

P.S.: Addons occupy lot's of space in settings, maybe if you have yes, you can have a submenu to add the addons like you have now for skin widgets to make skin a bit more clean?
Hey Pecinko - love the skin! I know you're are getting ready for the realease version of Amber and no new items are being added but I do have a couple of questions for you that hopefully you can point me in the right direction. Big list view was a great way to scroll through larger movie collections are you planning to reinstitute it in the near future (after the release)? Also, is there a way I can manually add more flags to the other list views? Right now they just have the HD flag and rating would be nice to have more information there I tried editing the xmls myself and that didnt go over too well.

Thanks for any help,
Teh
What's the problem with existing list that makes you want bigger one?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

The list covers up 80% of the fanart and there is dead space above the plot just looks a little off to me. I feel if it is going to cover up that much of the fanart it might as well cover it all up otherwise, its a little distracting to see the top of the fanart in full color and the rest dimmed by the overlay. Maybe putting more flags on the bottom moving them up a touch and then moving the plot up a little bit to match the top of the poster would help with the dead space but again i cant edit the xmls as well as i would like too.

Big list also had all the flags supported which is nice to see for quality purposes.

Just my opinion. I mean no disrespect - amber is definitely the best skin around for low resource htpc!
Hi pecinko. Im new in this post but Ive been using your skin from the very begining. Congratulations, I think its great.

One of the last updates of your skin shows a problem on my rpi. Im not sure in which update began this problem. When I skip forward o backward, whatever 30 sec or 10 min, audio gets unsync with video. Pause and then play shows the same problem. I thought it was a problem in my system but tonight i tried again with the same movie with confluence skin and the problem has gone. When I set back amber the problem comes again. Its weird but I think its related with performance because of the layer showing up while you skip forward/back. Confluence has a litle info when skipping and it could be in order to avoid this issue.

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks!
Regards
(2013-08-24, 22:23)spek Wrote: Hi pecinko. Im new in this post but Ive been using your skin from the very begining. Congratulations, I think its great.

One of the last updates of your skin shows a problem on my rpi. Im not sure in which update began this problem. When I skip forward o backward, whatever 30 sec or 10 min, audio gets unsync with video. Pause and then play shows the same problem. I thought it was a problem in my system but tonight i tried again with the same movie with confluence skin and the problem has gone. When I set back amber the problem comes again. Its weird but I think its related with performance because of the layer showing up while you skip forward/back. Confluence has a litle info when skipping and it could be in order to avoid this issue.

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks!
Regards

Post a full debug log, please. I think this should not be skin related and that something else is in play.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Great skin. Awesome work!

An inspiration!
(2013-08-25, 06:57)Karnagious Wrote: Great skin. Awesome work!

An inspiration!

Glad to hear, thanks!

(2013-08-24, 22:23)spek Wrote: One of the last updates of your skin shows a problem on my rpi. Im not sure in which update began this problem. When I skip forward o backward, whatever 30 sec or 10 min, audio gets unsync with video. Pause and then play shows the same problem. I thought it was a problem in my system but tonight i tried again with the same movie with confluence skin and the problem has gone. When I set back amber the problem comes again. Its weird but I think its related with performance because of the layer showing up while you skip forward/back. Confluence has a litle info when skipping and it could be in order to avoid this issue.

Everything is working as it should on my RPi - short skip, long skip, RW & FW and audio does not get out of sync.

BTW, that part of the skin was actually lightened a bit, as I've cut down number of used textures.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I have the oos issue with one pi on usb install and no problem on my other sd install. I even did a new full install on my usb (512 mb board) and still ooo on skip etc. pause is unusable. need to stop and resume to get it back in sync. other pi is 256mb versio if that makes any difference?
Silly question, but is there a way to lengthen the amount of time the multi-image backgrounds spend on screen?
I have the oos issue with one pi on usb install and no problem on my other sd install. I even did a new full install on my usb (512 mb board) and still ooo on skip etc. pause is unusable. need to stop and resume to get it back in sync. other pi is 256mb versio if that makes any difference?
(2013-08-25, 00:06)pecinko Wrote: Post a full debug log, please. I think this should not be skin related and that something else is in play.

Ok thanks, Im sending you a full debug log today. BTW I have a 512 Rpi with NFS install wired.
(2013-08-25, 15:25)spek Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 00:06)pecinko Wrote: Post a full debug log, please. I think this should not be skin related and that something else is in play.

Ok thanks, Im sending you a full debug log today. BTW I have a 512 Rpi with NFS install wired.

Please don't send it to ME, post on pastebin instead. I have 512 Rpi as well
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I've sent you a PM with my log in pastebin. Thanks
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10