• 34(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-08-25, 00:02)Lunatixz Wrote: When I started this project, I never wanted to get involved with providing media... and still don't! Thank Scilz for all that you have Smile
But I do see that most user prefer to use pre configured "settings2" InternetTV lists then create their own...
Which I understand, but this brings a lot of unexpected problems into the mix... namely dead/region locked links...

I'm currently toying with different ideas on how to provide these links to you...

What I would like to know is if you had a list of "internettv" sources would you want it to populate on each first available channel or would you want it in blocks like channels 800-999??

I dont mind doing my own channels, however, if I did have a predefined list of ITV channels, being assigned to 800-999 is how I would like it to be. Personal opinion of course. I like to keep my channels in blocks that I can control, so this would work best for me.
I agree with henbone11, don't mind moving things around myself, but I do prefer blocks. As for bugs, I've been using it daily for some time now and no issues other than known, streams, and custom playlist channel config.

As far as you know will all the skins in tman12's nox skin thread work? i.e ARYEZ, Tman12, thedarkonaut, maybe one more not sure. I think I remember you saying this skin was based on the darkonaut's.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
(2013-08-25, 01:15)gjwAudio Wrote: @Lunatixz:
Thank you again for continuing to improve the PTVL Experience.

You asked for new users to report any bugs... well, I'm not sure if these are bugs or not, but here are a few anomalies I observe when playing with PTVL (nb: I'm using the latest "settings2" PLUGIN version from scilz for sources):

Navigation:
When using my remote (GP-IR02BK, no key remapping), switching between channels with the CH UP/CH DOWN rocker switch (beside the Green Windows button) is not always possible. The navigation arrows always respond, but sometimes PTVL is blind to the CH+/CH- remote commands.

When CH+/CH- do not change the channel, they seem to move forward/backward in the playlist of the current channel.

OSD:
I'm getting a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde response to OSD commands in PTVL.

SHOW EPG: Sometimes the "OK" button will bring up the standard Player Controls ("M" on the keyboard) instead of PTVL's EPG. This happens erratically, with no predictable pattern.

"NOW WATCHING": Sometimes the "MORE/i" button will cause the standard Player Controls to appear ("M" on the keyboard) instead of the usual PTVL display.

CHANNEL NUMBER: the channel number shows in the upper left of the screen when you change channels, but does not show if you toggle the "Now Watching" info ON from within the same channel.

CODECINFO: This overlay function is normally activated in xbmc from the "Guide" button (or "O" keyboard command), and on occasion PTVL completely ignores this command from both keyboard and GP-IR02BK.

READABILITY:
Sorry if this has bee raised previously (if so, I didn't notice it): Is it possible to dim the background video when EPG is on the screen ? Or reduce the transparency of the EPG display ? The text can be hard to read against the running video - depending on what's rolling at the time.

I hope these observations are useful to the cause... I'm really looking forward to the stable version of PTVL - and configuring it to be Wife- and Family-Friendly ! Thanks again Lunatixz.

sometimes dead channels cause ptvl to kinda like lose focus i guess would be the best way to describe it. when this happens it functions just like a playlist would instead of like ptvl. so if you come across a dead channel before these issues start that may be why.
(2013-08-25, 04:02)shess757 Wrote: As far as you know will all the skins in tman12's nox skin thread work? i.e ARYEZ, Tman12, thedarkonaut, maybe one more not sure. I think I remember you saying this skin was based on the darkonaut's.

Loosely based... just the look, not the code... at some point during the first release other skins were kinda compatible...but as I customize further other PTV skins will become less and less compatible.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thanks for the info. I was playing around with thedark's skin and things weren't acting as I thought they should now I know why!! It could also be the fact that I don't have any clue what I'm doing.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
Hi Gang

Is there a way to pinpoint the fatal channel that is killing my PTVL on startup ? I deleted the cache folder - heh-heh - thinking a "clean start" would be helpful, but that's not fixing the error.

Deleting the settings2.xml file completely gets it running, but when I merge the contents of scilz's latest effort, I get the loading messages (for a minute or two) and then totally blank and unresponsive screen. Power-OFF switch is the only thing to give back control.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
Perhaps make a separate thread for scilz settings2 XML file as to not continue posting about it in this thread?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
What peppy told me to do was take everything out of scilz settings xml, copy it all to notepad or something similar... Add each channel back in 1 at a time... Reboot each time, go into settings... Click channel config ONLY! Exit out and start ptvl... Do this for each channel and u will find which ones are causing the issue! Once u can re create the issue... U will know what channels to leave out or try and update...

I have not done this yet due to time constraints... Try it and see if u can find the channels not streaming and it might help w the issue(s)
(2013-08-27, 02:29)bry- Wrote: Perhaps make a separate thread for scilz settings2 XML file as to not continue posting about it in this thread?

Please no separate threads...
I'm making changes to the file structure to allow file sharing and error handling...
remember sharing settings2.xml is a very crude way of sharing links.... settings2.xml is a important file for PTV any little error will crash it...
And i agree w bry! Me a d a few others need another thread for this settings so WE can figure out how to fix the streams not working

Sorry luna i wrote this before ur post... Delete my last one if neccessary again apology
PTV was never meant to handle non local media... so a lot of overhaul is needed to deal with dead links... in order to catch dead links I need a middle man to intercept problems b4 its written to settings2... in the future sharing links will either be by a file u download or one updated online via ptvl.
Is there anyway to write a program to scan the settings xml? I mean maybe something that will perhaps pop up that displays the channel working or dead prior to ptv loading perhaps?
(2013-08-27, 03:59)j2048b Wrote: Is there anyway to write a program to scan the settings xml? I mean maybe something that will perhaps pop up that displays the channel working or dead prior to ptv loading perhaps?

Has to be b4 settings... and another big problem is no one method for checking dead links works with all types of feeds... its a real mess.

Atm I took a break from it... till I find a method that works...

Currently Im playing around with epg category colors for livetv and tvdb/tmdb enhanced livetv.
(2013-08-27, 04:10)Jud6yolas Wrote: I will update the first three post to keep information relevant and updated.

??
Ill take a look around and conntact an engineer friend i know... He works w software... Maybe he can give me a bit of incite as to how to differentiate between the feeds and have a program read something first in order to tell the program what the channels is such as rss... And such... Ill get back to u
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45