• 47(current)
Archive - old posts
I am running it on the Pi too. It runs very lightly so I can finally use multi-image backgrounds.

A nice option would be for the Home menu items to disappear after x minutes, and just have the backgrounds cycling.

Also, would be nice to have the menu bar on the Home screen completely transparent.
Hey the skin looks great on pi and Raspbmc.
The issue I'm having is my NAS is set to sleep after 10mins and wake on LAN, using confluence with recently added turned off (may or may not help) the NAS does exactly that so it doesn't matter what menu I'm on when i turn my TV off (i leave the pi on 24/7) everything sleeps.
However with Amber I'm not sure how frequently but it keeps waking up my NAS, I've not been able to turn off the random or recently added from the home screens but even if i leave it on one of the menus without those it still seems to wake the NAS.
Any Ideas?

Also in the list view, is it possible to add any more video information rather than HD? I like being able to see what codecs, audio and resolution like you can in some of the other views.
(2013-08-25, 17:21)spek Wrote: I've sent you a PM with my log in pastebin. Thanks

Despite the fact I asked you not to send it by PM. There's like 4000 lines in your log and I don't have time to go through them. Second problem is that no RPi dev can take a look at them and problem seems to be playback related, from the brief look I took.

(2013-08-26, 01:28)Karnagious Wrote: I am running it on the Pi too. It runs very lightly so I can finally use multi-image backgrounds.

A nice option would be for the Home menu items to disappear after x minutes, and just have the backgrounds cycling.

Also, would be nice to have the menu bar on the Home screen completely transparent.

Sorry, no. I have never understood suggestions like that - did you come to XBMC to find media to watch or to have a wallpaper slideshow?

(2013-08-26, 12:38)bigheeed Wrote: However with Amber I'm not sure how frequently but it keeps waking up my NAS, I've not been able to turn off the random or recently added from the home screens but even if i leave it on one of the menus without those it still seems to wake the NAS.
Any Ideas?

Also in the list view, is it possible to add any more video information rather than HD? I like being able to see what codecs, audio and resolution like you can in some of the other views.

1. It has to be related to script widgets. However, shelf can be completely disabled, just like in Confluence - home shelf/enable home shelf - NO
2. My RPi plays anything I gave it so I don't see the need to add media flags. Would you mind explaining it to me - is it like: if it's xvid I won't watch it or what? Furthermore, all flags are available in VideoInfo screen.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-08-26, 14:24)pecinko Wrote: Sorry, no. I have never understood suggestions like that - did you come to XBMC to find media to watch or to have a wallpaper slideshow?

Oh, I can explain it if you like. XBMC has a feature to play a picture slideshow.There is also a feature to change the background image every few seconds on the Home screen. And finally, there is a Screensaver addon that can be set to play slideshows. Seems that the last one is superfluous if every photo you have is in the same folder and the menu bar could disappear after a set time. It would also make the transition back to the home screen more seamless.
Another thing on background art.
Whenever a movie I watched ended, I come back in the moviemenu.
The background art of that movie is then gone and the default-background-image shows.
Why is that happening?

Also, wouldn't it be nice to have PAUSED in a big font over the movie when the movie is paused?
Seen this in some other skins and it makes it look better when a movie is paused + you can show the movie's title under the progressbar.
(2013-08-26, 14:24)pecinko Wrote: 1. It has to be related to script widgets. However, shelf can be completely disabled, just like in Confluence - home shelf/enable home shelf - NO
2. My RPi plays anything I gave it so I don't see the need to add media flags. Would you mind explaining it to me - is it like: if it's xvid I won't watch it or what? Furthermore, all flags are available in VideoInfo screen.

1) Thanks for the info, someone else also pointed me in the right direction so i managed to turn it off which also gave a little boost in speed when moving between the menus.
2) Yes I've got no issues with playing any specific media, I've encoded all my own stuff with Handbrake so its all to the same 'standard' but sometimes its handy to see at a glance which files are 720 which are 1080 and what audio track DTS or AC3 etc. Again personal preference and the information is available on other pages. It just happens there is enough room under the plot in list view next to the HD symbol to add a couple of media flags. again only a suggestion.
I am a newbie on a pi device and I have tried to figure out whether the Amber skin allows for custom home buttons with attached playlists but can
t find an answer definitive for this skin.

I want to add 'docos' and 'kids' to the home page and attach a playlist, we I have created successfully, but cannot seem to add that playlst to the favorite screen which looks poxy, is this a limitation to the Amber skin or am I just hopeless? If I am hopeless and it can be done can somebody please explain in basic terms how I connect this playlist to the custom buttons so it appears like the standart TV Shows and Movies.

THanks.
It looks like the author has kindly set it up so you can add custom items. Go to Settings - Home Menu - click on an empty slot - give it a name.

You can then go into the Includes.xml and set the OnClick like you did for the Confluence skin. Something like "XBMC.ActivateWindow(videos,special://videoplaylists/YourPlaylist.xsp,return)".

Look for the section titled "Home.Main.Menu.Items".
(2013-08-27, 15:02)prankster666 Wrote: I am a newbie on a pi device and I have tried to figure out whether the Amber skin allows for custom home buttons with attached playlists but can
t find an answer definitive for this skin.

I want to add 'docos' and 'kids' to the home page and attach a playlist, we I have created successfully, but cannot seem to add that playlst to the favorite screen which looks poxy, is this a limitation to the Amber skin or am I just hopeless? If I am hopeless and it can be done can somebody please explain in basic terms how I connect this playlist to the custom buttons so it appears like the standart TV Shows and Movies.

THanks.

No need to edit any files by hand like the post above suggests.

Favourites in the main menu lists existing favourites, you cannot add new favourites there.

Go to videos/playlists, highlight the playlist you want to set as favourite, open context menu and select add to favourites.

Then go to skin settings where you can enable custom items 1-9 and select items from you favourites.
Cheers, it started working all of a sudden, so must have been doing something right.
hello
im having problem with the Amber skin on my box.
the skin gradually uodates from time to time and gets better and better and i like it more and more, yesterday it updated i rebooted the box and it was the worse skin, there was no highlight bar,font too big..etc, i was able to change to default xbmc skin (confluence), and then re-downloaded the Amber skin agin and then switched to it, well now everything works but now its back the original Amber skin (change log says release 1.0 i think), how can i get the updated skin updated to not he latest one but what i had before the last update. The update/ rollback options are all greyed out. help
Try changing to Confluence, uninstalling Amber via addon browser, quit, remove amber related packages from addons/packages (look for the correct paths here http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Userdata, minus user data) and reinstall from the repository. 0.8.5 is the latest repo version.
Wow, I just got the latest update. And it rocks!

Horizontal OSD is back! (what made you change your mind? Smile)
I also love the new bottom bar for Icons view!

What I really would like to get back too, is the 1-row Recommended/Latest/Random for horizontal view. (maybe as an option)
And with that also set the movie/tv-show totals top left.

And when I pause a video, the big word PAUSED in the middle of the screen like so many skins do Smile

I also just noticed Banner List! Didn't see that before, but it's cool!
Maybe add the watched icon to this bannerlist-view?
And add the same numbers for list-view and lowlist-view?

Other than that, you just made AMBER awesome as it needs to be!
Looking forward to final 1.0 release! Big Grin
(2013-08-27, 16:36)toiva Wrote: Favourites in the main menu lists existing favourites, you cannot add new favourites there.

Go to videos/playlists, highlight the playlist you want to set as favourite, open context menu and select add to favourites.

Then go to skin settings where you can enable custom items 1-9 and select items from you favourites.

Huh, that isnt working for me. Odd. I can enable the custom items, but not select anything. I must be on an older version.
I reinstalled the skin and it seems to be working fine.I also found amber-xbian mod. What Is the difference between these two. They look almost sameHuh

(2013-08-27, 20:04)toiva Wrote: Try changing to Confluence, uninstalling Amber via addon browser, quit, remove amber related packages from addons/packages (look for the correct paths here http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Userdata, minus user data) and reinstall from the repository. 0.8.5 is the latest repo version.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10