• 36(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
@scilz:
Thanks for the reply...
(2013-08-28, 14:19)scilz Wrote: it's inconsistent because several things break ptvl dead channels,youtube,if your in guide when certain video's change ect and once ptvl is broke it acts as a playlist that's why you don't see the exit popup ect

Ah-HA... "playlist behaviour", that makes sense (I just can't see what's caused the "breakage").

Quote:...i may take youtube channels out until they are handled better.

Yes, too bad about that - I find many of the Youtube channels you've put up to be quite interesting. Heh-heh, the more I watch 'em, the more PTVL craps out !

@To All:
Any chance of explaining/defining what activity/action triggers the various startup messages ? I'm trying to better understand the process behind PTVL.

Secondly, is there a guide for using the Channel Configuration utility other than what Milkman wrote ? It doesn't seem to respond as he describes in the Ultimate Guide... is it because PTVL has new channel types ?

Thanks again for help and advice.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2013-08-28, 20:49)gjwAudio Wrote: @scilz:
Thanks for the reply...
(2013-08-28, 14:19)scilz Wrote: it's inconsistent because several things break ptvl dead channels,youtube,if your in guide when certain video's change ect and once ptvl is broke it acts as a playlist that's why you don't see the exit popup ect

Ah-HA... "playlist behaviour", that makes sense (I just can't see what's caused the "breakage").

Quote:...i may take youtube channels out until they are handled better.

If you're having problems with youtube... supply a log otherwise nothing will get fixed...

What exactly is your problem with youtube?

If you enable strms then load times will increase... you're adding more jobs to the startup routine.

(2013-08-28, 20:49)gjwAudio Wrote: @To All:
Any chance of explaining/defining what activity/action triggers the various startup messages ? I'm trying to better understand the process behind PTVL.
Parsing LiveTV = parsing xmltv file, building playlist
Building InternetTV = reading settings2, building playlist
Parsing Youtube/RSS = parsing data, collecting info, (building strms if enabled), building playlist
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
some youtube channels work great load instantly, others when you tune to them they say buffering 100% but they never stop you can hit space bar and they start for a few seconds. but then start the endless buffering again this happens every time unless you open the guide and select the second video. then it works perfect at which point you can then select the previous video (the one that was stuck at 100% buffer) and it plays fine.
the other problem is if you have the guide open and the video your watching ends and next video starts ptvl breaks and act's like a playlist. i suspect this one is the problem a lot of ppl are having they just haven't realized it yet.
ill try to get you a log later today.
(2013-08-28, 22:09)scilz Wrote: some youtube channels work great load instantly, others when you tune to them they say buffering 100% but they never stop you can hit space bar and they start for a few seconds. but then start the endless buffering again this happens every time unless you open the guide and select the second video. then it works perfect at which point you can then select the previous video (the one that was stuck at 100% buffer) and it plays fine.
the other problem is if you have the guide open and the video your watching ends and next video starts ptvl breaks and act's like a playlist. i suspect this one is the problem a lot of ppl are having they just haven't realized it yet.
ill try to get you a log later today.

Have you checked your youtube plugin settings.... try enable or disable cache server.
yup tried both ways did not notice a difference.
honestly it seems like most of the youtube channels that have the buffering issue if not all of them happen to be playlist that i maid on youtube. ill look into it some more see if it's only playlist and only mine.
but the ptvl breakage when video switching while in guide i think happens with all youtube channels.
I will look into using a direct youtube link over using the plugin
quick question/request can we make channels out of movie set's?
(2013-08-29, 03:35)scilz Wrote: quick question/request can we make channels out of movie set's?

Create a custom smartplaylist with movieset rule
kool ty
Some changes are coming to PTVL... mainly how sharing is handled...

For now I am reserving channels (800-999) for InternetTV...
You can still manually add any channels but please avoid using those channels.

There will be an option in settings to "enable external InternetTV" you can use your own InternetTV.xml list or by default if no local list is found PTVL will use a cloud list that is edited by the community and which will have its own discussion group via google code... to be added to the google code contribution page pm me your gmail... Using this list will override channels 800-999 in your configuration.

Changes haven't been pushed yet... I was hoping to add error handling with this update...

I also dropped the idea of building from livestreamdb's list...because this is a redundant feature... if you want a feed from their list it could be either manually added to your setup, or added the the community list.
If this feature is popular and receives positive contributions I will consider adding this feature to "livetv and rss" channel types.
I downloaded the latest master last night and was trying out the autotune feature just to see what would happen (since I know it's still just coming soon) and it did actually build me some channels...including a new channel type, number 15!

Obviously it is not quite a functioning feature yet but it was still cool to see it build me a few channels with a couple of songs in each. Just seeing the foundation is there makes me hopeful the music genre channels are too far off on the horizon (personally it's the only thing missing from making PTVlive perfect at the moment IMO)

Also I'm in the process of rewriting my PTV skin to be fully compatible with PTVlive and hope to have a download up for anyone interested by the end of the weekend. Ill post some screenshots when I get home from work, so anyone not familiar with it can check it out.
(2013-08-30, 16:03)ARYEZ Wrote: I downloaded the latest master last night and was trying out the autotune feature just to see what would happen (since I know it's still just coming soon) and it did actually build me some channels...including a new channel type, number 15!

Obviously it is not quite a functioning feature yet but it was still cool to see it build me a few channels with a couple of songs in each. Just seeing the foundation is there makes me hopeful the music genre channels are too far off on the horizon (personally it's the only thing missing from making PTVlive perfect at the moment IMO)

Also I'm in the process of rewriting my PTV skin to be fully compatible with PTVlive and hope to have a download up for anyone interested by the end of the weekend. Ill post some screenshots when I get home from work, so anyone not familiar with it can check it out.

Yeah, most of the code is finished... but it's untested... how did it workout? did it generate the channels as expected? music channels work?
Some changes are coming to the default skin, so any work you're doing might need to be updated when the time comes...
Looking forward to the screenshots
(2013-08-30, 21:34)Lunatixz Wrote: Yeah, most of the code is finished... but it's untested... how did it workout? did it generate the channels as expected? music channels work?
Some changes are coming to the default skin, so any work you're doing might need to be updated when the time comes...

According to the settings2 file it attempted to build 8 channels but only actually generated two channels...one was based off EDM and contained 3 songs, the other was based off of metal and contained only 1 song.

FWIW I think there's a bug in how it interprets the genre tag because when I tested it by just creating a metal genre based songs playlist through the normal file mode it returned a playlist of 773 songs.

I also noticed a few differences when comparing the XSP files, namely the <match> field on the autotuned music channel has <match>one<match> whereas the traditional song playlist has <match>all<match> maybe this is part of the discrepancy?

Anymore info I can provide or testing you need done just let me know.

On the upside the channels functioned side by side with my other channels in PTVLIVE so it's definitely on the right track!
(2013-08-30, 22:00)ARYEZ Wrote:
(2013-08-30, 21:34)Lunatixz Wrote: Yeah, most of the code is finished... but it's untested... how did it workout? did it generate the channels as expected? music channels work?

According to the settings2 file it attempted to build 8 channels but only actually generated two channels...one was based off EDM and contained 3 songs, the other was based off of metal and contained only 1 song.

FWIW I think there's a bug in how it interprets the genre tag because when I tested it by just creating a metal genre based songs playlist through the normal file mode it returned a playlist of 773 songs.

I also noticed a few differences when comparing the XSP files, namely the <match> field on the autotuned music channel has <match>one<match> whereas the traditional song playlist has <match>all<match> maybe this is part of the discrepancy?

Anymore info I can provide or testing you need done just let me know.

On the upside the channels functioned side by side with my other channels in PTVLIVE so it's definitely on the right track!

the xps generated from PTVL for music does it work? when opened in xbmc? does it list all your music? what changes need to be made to that playlist in order for it to list media? because match "all" and "one" shouldn't be the problem since there are no rules for matching...
(2013-08-30, 22:35)Lunatixz Wrote: [quote='Lunatixz' pid='1495908' dateline='1377891290']

the xps generated from PTVL for music does it work? when opened in xbmc? does it list all your music? what changes need to be made to that playlist in order for it to list media? because match "all" and "one" shouldn't be the problem since there are no rules for matching...

I actually didn't test the ptvl xps file in normal xbmc because it was about 4am when I was playing around with this lol. Ill definitely check it out when I get home tonight and let you know what I find.

Another thing I did try though was adding a type 15 channel manually to my settings2 file. That didn't work at all though even using the info that autotune produced. PTVlive doesn't seem to recognize music channels unless autotune is used to create the channels.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45