• 37(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
I didnot understand!

Which Gotham Build starts movies faster, Rbej or botribun?
(2013-08-30, 21:47)Koloss Wrote: Which Gotham Build starts movies faster, Rbej or botribun?

I'd predict rbej's but you can always test both and time it.
If Xbmc build have FFmpeg 0.10.6 (slow start mkv, fast avi), FFmpeg 1.2 (fast start mkv, slow avi).

(2013-08-30, 21:51)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-08-30, 21:47)Koloss Wrote: Which Gotham Build starts movies faster, Rbej or botribun?

I'd predict rbej's
+1 Tongue
Thanks for answers!

Can i see which ffmpeg version use the build?

My most use files are mkv.
(2013-08-30, 22:28)rbej Wrote: If Xbmc build have FFmpeg 0.10.6 (slow start mkv, fast avi), FFmpeg 1.2 (fast start mkv, slow avi).

Well I guess that explains why it takes 18s to start some of my avis! Sucks that we have to choose between fast mkv or fast avi though Sad
(2013-08-30, 19:43)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-08-30, 18:44)Neil Coggins Wrote: Hmm - this sounds like an issue I've seen -lots- of times on recordings from tvheadend (recorded on a PC on my LAN) playing through any one of the 4 RPis I have.

If you have a file that misbehaves in this way, then please upload it somewhere (e.g. dropbox) and give me a link and I'll investigate.

I'll upload one overnight and let you have the link tomorrow - the smallest file I have found that exhibits the problem is 1.8GB (just because I tend to record HD) - at present rate it'll take roughly 6 hours.
(2013-08-30, 18:44)Neil Coggins Wrote: Hmm - this sounds like an issue I've seen -lots- of times on recordings from tvheadend
Do you also have the issue of the recording length and position being reported incorrectly? i.e.
Quote:"When you pause or skip, the display at the top right corner reports incorrect information. The time fields are reversed and the reported program length has no apparent connection to reality. Right now, paused 30 seconds into a half hour show, it says "14:03:06 - 00:33"
(2013-08-30, 22:48)Koloss Wrote: Thanks for answers!

Can i see which ffmpeg version use the build?

My most use files are mkv.

My Frodo and Xbmc builds have Ffmpeg 1.2.

(2013-08-30, 23:40)allan87 Wrote:
(2013-08-30, 18:44)Neil Coggins Wrote: Hmm - this sounds like an issue I've seen -lots- of times on recordings from tvheadend
Do you also have the issue of the recording length and position being reported incorrectly? i.e.
Quote:"When you pause or skip, the display at the top right corner reports incorrect information. The time fields are reversed and the reported program length has no apparent connection to reality. Right now, paused 30 seconds into a half hour show, it says "14:03:06 - 00:33"

I'm using a different skin (Amber), but it says the "finish time" as being roughly 1-2s in advance of the current time throughout, so yes - the time is not reported correctly.
POPCORNMIX - Please note:
(2013-08-30, 23:54)Neil Coggins Wrote: I'm using a different skin (Amber), but it says the "finish time" as being roughly 1-2s in advance of the current time throughout, so yes - the time is not reported correctly.
Also, Neil, correct me if I'm wrong here, this occurs when you are watching on a Pi and the recording is being served by TVHeadend running on a PC, right?
I still haven't worked out how to format my USB stick from vfat to ext4 (parted says "partition cannot exist outside of" something) so I'm still running from SD and I can't seem to get the time correct now.

Previously I had to put

<locale>
<audiolanguage>original</audiolanguage>
<charset>DEFAULT</charset>
<country>UK (24h)</country>
<language>English</language>
<subtitlelanguage>original</subtitlelanguage>
<timezone>Europe/London</timezone>
<timezonecountry>Britain (UK)</timezonecountry>
</locale>

in guisettings.xml and then it worked. In fact, the only thing that's blank is <timezone> but if I put it in and reboot, it's blank again and so the time is still wrong. I tried putting the locale section in advancedsettings.xml as well, just because that's what I'd done first on the other RPi so I thought perhaps it needed to be in both but it still doesn't work.

In XBMC, under Settings - Appearance - International, in Expert Mode, Timezone is greyed out so can't be set. In fact, right now International is completely blank and doesn't show anything, so maybe that's connected to editing guisettings.xml. I'll see after a reboot.

EDIT: Nope, even after rebooting International is still completely blank now!

OK, after removing the locale section from advancedsettings, it's restored International to normal. It actually shows "Europe/London" on the greyed out Timezone line now and it has been retained in guisettings but the time is still an hour behind.

EDIT2: OK, it's showing the right time now. Not sure what fixed it, maybe powering off and rebooting a bit later.
@popcornmix: I'm seeing a problem with my most recent Gotham build of OpenELEC (master, c105724e9571e40e1b08dee94bb2cf1b9217d0af) and the newlock3 patch: Increase audio buffer between arm and gpu

With this patch applied to Gotham master, the following trailer Star Trek Into Darkness, will buffer nicely and audio/video will show no problems until the very end, at which point the audio fifo (af) will show an increasingly negative amount, and playback will never actually finish (stuck on blank - black - video with silent audio), until STOP is pressed.

See screenshot below where playback has completed - but not stopped - and the audio fifo is showing an ever increasing negative amount:

In the above image, aq is 0%.

Debug log is here. Playback begins at 03:35:42, completes at about 03:36:46 (but doesn't end). I took the above screenshot then pressed STOP at 03:39:04.

Without this patch - but with all other rbp/omxplayer patches applied - the stream ends correctly. Apply the above patch, and the stream never ends.

Most other streams don't exhibit this problem, so far it's just this one stream.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-08-30, 19:49)botribun Wrote: @rbej something is wrong with your build, since 22.08 the GUI is lagging. I've now compiled my own gotham build of OpenELEC and the GUI is ultra fast again, even the spinning wheel looks different. Maybe your version of the confluence skin is somehow bugged?

If someone like to test, here's my build from today: OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20130830132209-r15458.tar.bz2

What did you take out? This build seems to work with myth tv, live tv recordings.
(2013-08-30, 23:37)Neil Coggins Wrote:
(2013-08-30, 19:43)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-08-30, 18:44)Neil Coggins Wrote: Hmm - this sounds like an issue I've seen -lots- of times on recordings from tvheadend (recorded on a PC on my LAN) playing through any one of the 4 RPis I have.

If you have a file that misbehaves in this way, then please upload it somewhere (e.g. dropbox) and give me a link and I'll investigate.

I'll upload one overnight and let you have the link tomorrow - the smallest file I have found that exhibits the problem is 1.8GB (just because I tend to record HD) - at present rate it'll take roughly 6 hours.

@popcornmix: here you go: Stargazing LIVE video - messed up BigStep

This file was recorded on tvheadend (v3.2 IIRC) on a debian squeeze system using a DD-Cine S2 V6 card back in January. We get roughly 5-10% of our recordings showing this BigStep issue (it used to be more like 25%, but for whatever reason - possibly upgrades to tvheadend? - it's not as bad nowadays).
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223