• 231(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
Didn't work. I'm not a programmer so I don't really know what I'm doing and changing and if I removed too much or not enough.

Anyway, an update to xbmcubuntu 12 is overdue, so I'm spending my free weekend doing that.
(2013-08-31, 13:03)AuXBoX Wrote: try this

Change line 400 (353 on the current trunk version) on YouTubeCore.py to:

Code:
if get("url_data"):
    change_get = get("url_data")
    for k, v in change_get.iteritems():
       change_get[k] = unicode(v).encode('utf-8')
    request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(change_get))

Edit: Scratch that, it worked! Seems it was on line 401, though probably no need to mention that. Thanks a bunch!

To other users with login issues: I am running Gotham alpha 6, and could watch videos fine, but login didn't work regardless of what I did with my google accounts.
can anyone help please with that problem?

Hi,

Jumpto/seeking is almost not working for me.

If I'm trying jump to certain point, it never works, just waiting forever.

Using seeking, as long as the seeking is within the buffer, it is working OK, but when it exceeds the buffer (i.e I need to skip 20 minutes) it just get stuck on the edge of the buffer.

Any advise would be very appreciated.
@doveman2 - i'm getting the exact same error, i've posted the issue on the bug tracker (see issue 108). can't figure out for the life of me why it's not working. I can log in, I can search and view videos, but I can't load subscriptions, history, playlists or favourites at all. Just says "no results".

My account is not linked to google+ nor is 2-step verification enabled. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted files repeatedly, no effect.

My only thought is that Google changed the YouTube API, and the plugin has to catch up... probably some regex mess that has to be changed, which I do not understand.
Grumble. With Frodo and version 4.4.6 of Youtube I still get script fail. It's probably related to the whole Google+ thing. This is my error report. It has something to do with the login … Is it related to the fact that I have suddenly have two youtube logins with the same e-mail adress?

Quote:22:27:03 T:2868030272 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe5' in position 6: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/revo/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 111, in <module>
login.login()
File "/home/revo/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 75, in login
result, status = self.authorize()
File "/home/revo/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 85, in authorize
(result, status) = self._httpLogin({"new": "true"})
File "/home/revo/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 183, in _httpLogin
ret = self.core._fetchPage(fetch_options)
File "/home/revo/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeCore.py", line 400, in _fetchPage
request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(get("url_data")))
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib.py", line 1312, in urlencode
v = quote_plus(str(v))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe5' in position 6: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--

edit: AuXBoX's solution fixed it. The problem was UTF-8?
(2013-08-31, 22:30)Thinaran Wrote: Grumble. With Frodo and version 4.4.6 of Youtube I still get script fail. It's probably related to the whole Google+ thing. This is my error report. It has something to do with the login … Is it related to the fact that I have suddenly have two youtube logins with the same e-mail adress?

Quote:22:27:03 T:2868030272 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe5' in position 6: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/revo/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 111, in <module>
login.login()
File "/home/revo/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 75, in login
result, status = self.authorize()
File "/home/revo/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 85, in authorize
(result, status) = self._httpLogin({"new": "true"})
File "/home/revo/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 183, in _httpLogin
ret = self.core._fetchPage(fetch_options)
File "/home/revo/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeCore.py", line 400, in _fetchPage
request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(get("url_data")))
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib.py", line 1312, in urlencode
v = quote_plus(str(v))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe5' in position 6: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--

edit: AuXBoX's solution fixed it. The problem was UTF-8?

Yes, the login couldn't handle the encoding for some reason.
Whoever fixed the problem THANK YOU!
(2013-08-31, 18:52)techmission Wrote: @doveman2 - i'm getting the exact same error, i've posted the issue on the bug tracker (see issue 108). can't figure out for the life of me why it's not working. I can log in, I can search and view videos, but I can't load subscriptions, history, playlists or favourites at all. Just says "no results".

My account is not linked to google+ nor is 2-step verification enabled. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted files repeatedly, no effect.

My only thought is that Google changed the YouTube API, and the plugin has to catch up... probably some regex mess that has to be changed, which I do not understand.

Ooh, I've got it working on my normal gmail account (as opposed to my own domain hosted at gmail but I haven't tried that again yet so that might work as well).

I made the edit that AuXBoX posted, then tried to login with an application-specific password, which failed. Then I tried my normal password again and it came up with a numpad to enter the verification code (I have 2-stage verification enabled) and after entering that, it logged me in and I can access My Subscriptions, etc now Smile
(2013-09-03, 07:05)djfourmoney Wrote: Whoever fixed the problem THANK YOU!

What did you do to get it work?
G'day guys, I am very new to xbmc but have researched this the best I can. I have installed form the latest download (for both xbmc and youtube plugin) only yesterday on a raspberry pi, mac mini (OSX Leopard), MBPro (Mountain Lion), and finally a brand newly wiped and installed mac mini Snow Leopard. On this final unit, I have downloaded a fresh xbmc image for OSX64bit (fredo 12.2), and used the video add-on on to grab youtube 4.4.6.

The ONLY thing installed on the macmini is Chrome, and xbmc.

The problem I am having is video playback. Most videos work, but vevo videos largely don't. It seems to be a curl problem, code 22??

This happens whether login details are provided or not. That needs highlighting since most stuff I've been reading relates to login issues (I have that as well), but this is specifically for video playback and happens regardless of login state.

(On the login side of things, when logged in, nothing is populated, ie favourites, playlists etc. I have tried the above approach with deleting the cookie. I have tried a couple of alternative downloads where people have patched it (from these forums). )

Prior to this log, I have uninstalled and reinstalled. debug is on.

I hope we can get to the bottom of it. If there's anything else I forgot to provide, let me know.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108683852/xbmc.log
(2013-09-04, 01:06)madivad Wrote: G'day guys, I am very new to xbmc but have researched this the best I can. I have installed form the latest download (for both xbmc and youtube plugin) only yesterday on a raspberry pi, mac mini (OSX Leopard), MBPro (Mountain Lion), and finally a brand newly wiped and installed mac mini Snow Leopard. On this final unit, I have downloaded a fresh xbmc image for OSX64bit (fredo 12.2), and used the video add-on on to grab youtube 4.4.6.

The problem I am having is video playback. Most videos work, but vevo videos largely don't. It seems to be a curl problem, code 22??

This happens whether login details are provided or not. That needs highlighting since most stuff I've been reading relates to login issues (I have that as well), but this is specifically for video playback and happens regardless of login state.

(On the login side of things, when logged in, nothing is populated, ie favourites, playlists etc. I have tried the above approach with deleting the cookie. I have tried a couple of alternative downloads where people have patched it (from these forums). )

I hope we can get to the bottom of it. If there's anything else I forgot to provide, let me know.

Your link to the log doesnt work
Press THANK USER if I Help
I get a successful Youtube login message, but then get a Remote Share-Could not connect to network server error when I try to select anything to watch. Any ideas?

Running on Android - Note II
Not sure if this has been covered yet or not, but I didn't have time to search 347 pages.

Problem is solved..at least for me. If you go to Youtube and login, there's a little gray drop down arrow up at the top right. Click that and you can see a new email address that the account is associated with under the login name.

Clicked on the settings link to the left and it took me here:

From here I clicked the Set up a password button where I was then directed to a page to enter a new password and a new account was created. It's that account information that needs to be entered into the Youtube XBMC settings. Everything is working fine now.
(2013-09-04, 11:06)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2013-09-04, 01:06)madivad Wrote: G'day guys, I am very new to xbmc but have researched this the best I can. I have installed form the latest download (for both xbmc and youtube plugin) only yesterday on a raspberry pi, mac mini (OSX Leopard), MBPro (Mountain Lion), and finally a brand newly wiped and installed mac mini Snow Leopard. On this final unit, I have downloaded a fresh xbmc image for OSX64bit (fredo 12.2), and used the video add-on on to grab youtube 4.4.6.

Your link to the log doesnt work

Sorry, I'd renamed the file because I was trying to log a few problems. I actually got this one fixed (using solution from: https://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/is...id=95#c163 ).

I'm now currently working on other problems, I'll come back if I get stuck again. Thanks.
(2013-09-05, 02:37)xDetoursx Wrote: Not sure if this has been covered yet or not, but I didn't have time to search 347 pages.

Problem is solved..at least for me. If you go to Youtube and login, there's a little gray drop down arrow up at the top right. Click that and you can see a new email address that the account is associated with under the login name.

Thanks xDetoursx, that was the push I needed. I have spent the last hour going over my google account and found that to be half my problem. I still haven't got application specific password working for xbmc (it insists on my main password), but the biggest GOTCHYA I had was xbmc uses my email address as my account for youtube and I (by default) use a username. I never wanted my email address up the top there. Now that I told youtube to use my email address, I can see favourites and playlists in xbmc (although they're only what I've setup right now).

I need to work on a way to have xbmc only use my user login (which youtube seems adamant can't be done anymore). I'm not sure if it matters at the moment or not. I'm still looking into it. I have my domain setup through google apps and it was a real PITA getting 2 step verification process activated. Thanks again for your screen grabs, although very different to what I have on my side, it did get me going in the right directions. Ciao!
  • 231(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28