• 39(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
Quality will be equals source quality. There is no quality loss. Xbmc cannot plays 3D blurays in stereo mode just only in 2D mode as 2d blurays.
If your setting Prefered Sterescopic mode equals Ask. At every start playback 3d movie the xbmc will ask you which stereo mode it should use. If you select Mono the xbmc will plays movie in 2d else it will plays movie in selected mode.
In my video options under stereoscopic mode , it says "ask"
Then under settings, you have 2 more settings:
- stereoscopic mode (current) none
- stereoscopic mode preferred: sbs

But when i try to play... It doesnt ask me...

Even if i set current mode to sbs
It doesnt ask me
Sorry, it is my mistake. Correct setting is System -> Video -> Playback -> Playback mode of sterescopic videos. Change this to "Ask me"
It is like that, see my post above... But it doesnt ask me
You sure what the xbmc correctly detects your movies as 3d movies?

Read this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1490880 please.
3D blurays are not detected as 3D (not reported as such from ffmpeg IIRC), so XBMC won't ask you. Should work for other 3D movies though (at least most)
(2013-09-03, 23:07)da-anda Wrote: 3D blurays are not detected as 3D (not reported as such from ffmpeg IIRC), so XBMC won't ask you. Should work for other 3D movies though (at least most)

ah so i get it right?

3d bluray -> wont ask me to play in 2d or 3d
sbs or ou movies -> it will ask me

Damn so for 3d blurays, i still need 2 versions?
Why 2 versins? If you want play 3d bluray in 2d just play it in xbmc. If you want play it in 3d use external player.
(2013-09-04, 07:48)Skank Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 23:07)da-anda Wrote: 3D blurays are not detected as 3D (not reported as such from ffmpeg IIRC), so XBMC won't ask you. Should work for other 3D movies though (at least most)

ah so i get it right?

(2013-09-04, 07:52)afedchin Wrote: Why 2 versins? If you want play 3d bluray in 2d just play it in xbmc. If you want play it in 3d use external player.
(2013-09-04, 07:48)Skank Wrote:

ah so i get it right?

Well thats my question in fact..
Do i need 2 versions..

But how do i chose then?
with context menu?
Since xbmc wont ask me if i want 2d or 3d

Say ffmpeg supports 3d bluray, will i be able to chose then? will it ask me then?
Yes, with context menu you can choise which player to use.

ffmpeg don't support MVC (3d blurays). When it will support MVC I think xbmc will ask you how play 3d bluray.
ok thx for clearing this out
I have a 3d dilemma. I can either name my 3d movie tags so that my skin will recognize and mark them as 3d, or I can tag them so that Gotham will recognize them as 3d. But I can't seem to do both! Anybody know a way to get around this?

For example:
For my skin to recognize the 3D, I need a .3dbd or similar tag
For Gotham to recognize 3d, it needs a "3dsbs" or "3dtab" tag so it knows the format.

If I make it so Gotham knows the different formats, I lose skin recognition. Sad
Or change the behavior of skin or rename your movies like this "Iron.Man.3.3dbd.sbs.mkv"

Also u can change as.xml for handle SBS or OU movies
Code:
<video>
<stereoscopicflagssbs>3DSBS|3D.SBS|HSBS|H.SBS|H-SBS| SBS |FULL-SBS|FULL.SBS|FULLSBS|FSBS|HALF-SBS</stereoscopicflagssbs>
<stereoscopicflagstab>3DTAB|3D.TAB|HTAB|H.TAB|3DOU|3D.OU|3D.HOU| HOU | OU |HALF-TAB</stereoscopicflagstab>
</video>
Yes, but none of those tags will work on the skins right? Can a skin handle multiple 3d tags? Or are they coded to just recognize one? Like that code will get Gotham to recognize multiple tags, but the skin still will only read one right? How can I get the skin to recognize both 3D.SBS and 3D.TAB as 3d movies and mark them as such?

Like my skin recognizes .3dbd, so that is easy enough to get Gotham to use that same thing. But Gotham needs a separate tag for SBS and O/U, and if I give the SBS the .3dbd tag and then assign a different tag to the O/U movies, the skin will only mark the .3dbd as 3d.
I thought the response you already got was clear enough. Use both tags.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11